The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Anyone use this mat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1500 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or used one of these mats before, and what your thoughts are on it.(quality, durability etc etc)
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......word=PAD
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of elimagic
?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Looks like not many are using it here. I'm curious - the description mentions:

Quote:
It is also gimmicked to allow you to steal cards, coins, bills and more - your secret assistant.

But it doesn’t say anything else about that. Does anyone know just what it offers in that respect?

Thanks!

Jim
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of elimagic
THis is also what I was wd=ondering. Someone who has owned or seen this please chime in.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Williamsburg, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
These use to be made as Killer Magic pads I believe- which I did buy from Howard the The Magic Warehouse. IF they are them same, (mine was black, but the same size with the brass trim) that have an under carriage similar to a Dean Dill production pad. http://www.deandill.com/pads.html Look at the photos of Dean's Production pad- not quite a nice, but sill the same concept.

WAIT- I found it...also on the Warehouse website- http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......word=PAD That's the Killer Pad. Just a little bit bigger. I would assume the mechanics are the same...I can't see what they would be doing different. The Killer pad served me well for YEARS until I finally got a Dill pad. And they aren't a bad price either.

Jonathan
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Jonathan. I am familiar with Dean's pads, but I also saw one that had nothing more than a little bag attached to one end of the pad - that was the built-in servante. Just curious here.

Thanks again!

Jim
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2648 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Logic would dictate that clearly there's some gaff under the mat (or built into it) but I have to ask - how on hell would you use this in real life performance?

It's difficult to tell but firstly, it looks quite rigid. You'd have to clear half the dinner table.

Secondly, how could you reset 'on the move'?

Maybe they are fine for a one off performance piece (or as a new toy to play with) but does anyone actually use these in the Real World?
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Williamsburg, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
They do work- you only need about an inch of overhang on the edge of the table to access the loads. Reset is quick- you only have 5 slots to fill (4 coins and a jumbo coin/card holder). I wouldn't recommend this for restaurant type stuff- anything this size is too big for that, but for formal shows or at a close up table they work very well. I used it for a production of coins or to ring in coin gaffs. A thumb off the back of the pad, access the item and you're set.

Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Anyone use this mat? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL