The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KJfan
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of KJfan
Hello everyone,

This Tuesday I will go on TV to do a routine of my own.
Yes,I am very excited and very nervous with all the cameras and all the studio stuff.

Could someone give me some tips about this?

Thanks a lot
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Don't be nervous about being in front of the camera. It can be quite daunting at first as the camera provides no feedback (usually the camera crew does not either as they are too busy working to make you look good) but just do it as if the audience WAS the camera. Also try not to look at the monitor and if you do, ask them to turn it away from you.

Ask the director if you can do a run through for him so that he knows where to shoot, where to have the cameras, etc...as it is his job to make you look great and you will thank me for that tip laer. It usually saves you from having a camera catch you at the worst possible moment. Also, you cannot make grandiose gestures with your hands, they MUST remain within a small area unless you are working as a 'stage act" in which case you still must remain in a certain area. A quick run through with the crew will establish exactly where you must remain.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
It depends on the type of routine you are doing.

As Thoughtreader said, see if it is possible to do a run thru rehearsal to get the camera angles, music (if any), and stage direction down. This also gives the camera crew a heads up as to what you are doing and where you are going.

You might also want to give the crew a lighting/camera/audio stage sheet. It gives each crew the up front info as to what to expect.

Just have fun with the performance and just concentrate on the magic.

S. Patrick
KJfan
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of KJfan
Thanks a lot people.

I am still nervous... hehehe Smile

MORE TIPS!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL