The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Nice rabbit production box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
Theres a nice Rabbit production box on ebay under "Livestock Production Box" that is no longer being made by Barry Mitchell. Its not proppy looking and Ive used one for birthday parties and kid shows for years with great results. Its black art and I actually improved mine by adding the black art sticky back film to the inside sold on magic auction. works easy, a breeze to clean if needed and a great place to leave the rabbit during the show. Slide off front door. Use a balloon to pop and get the production or as in my show I use the Laflin rabbit from top hat silk and put the little silk with the picture of the rabbit on it, in the box, cover with 36 inch silk, wisk away and theres the rabbit. Always a hit with parents and the kids. Worth a look and a great price.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I recently sold mine (it was marketed under the name Pet Presto) and it was in mint condition. I had ordered mine before the time my oldest daughter's doctor told us we had to get rid of any pets because her allergies were really acting up. I held on to it for a handful of years hoping to get another couple of rabbits but it is not be at this time. I sold it to a fellow Café member who was looking for one.

It is well built and it serves as a pet cage for the remainder of the show. My idea (when I first ordered the box) was ask kids at a party or show, "Who wants to see me make a rabbit appear?" Then I would take out two small pieces of tissue paper --- one black and one white. The paper tear (called Top Hat) results in two torn pieces of paper forming a little, paper top hat from which a long (25ft or so) black and white paper coil is pulled and at the end of it is a small paper rabbit. Then I would put the paper rabbit in the box and voila. Similar to Mark's use of a rabbit silk but am sure there differemces in the presentation.

Barry Mitchell's Pet Presto is also well-made and a beautiful prop. Someone is going to be lucky.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Nice rabbit production box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL