The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing Kreskin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can watch a clip of Kreskin performing his Q&A?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Riley I will check the links.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
mrkmarik
View Profile
Regular user
New York
185 Posts

Profile of mrkmarik
Thank you RileyG

Mark
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The Best Moments of the Amazing Kreskin
Best Moments of the Amazing Kreskin

Http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ESSSZ2......5&sr=8-2

It will be the best $10 investment you will ever make

Tony
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Kreskin's live Q & A is very different than the TV version.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
I really learned the potential power of a well-executed Q & A routine from watching Kreskin perform live. Gasps of amazement from participants during the Q & A itself and audience members after the show swearing that what they saw was real. It was the little touches in the routine that impressed me. A classic Q & A routine polished to a simple perfection through years and years of performances.

Mike
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I got a DVD once (can't remember the name but I watch it again when I need inspiration). It was his Q&A and it is top class. When I was ten I read about Kreskin in a children's book about magicians, and it inspired me to go in the direction I went. I didn't actually get to see him perform until a few years ago (I live in Ireland and we were a single TV channel land throughout my formative years), and then it was a recording. But the legend was enough to get me going.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Tony

Was that the DVD he made at the Frier's Club?

Tony
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2011-02-05 01:45, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Tony

I agree... 3 DVD'S
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 02:21, RileyG wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-05 01:45, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Tony

I agree... 3 DVD'S

And a free pendulum!
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought

I just watched the first of the above clips and what a treat it was! Many thanks to RileyG for leading me to this wonderful repository of Kreskin clips!

Kreskin truly is the epitome of "The Master Showman". Talk about knowing how to "work an audience". And they adored him the whole time!

I think the essential difference between Kreskin and many other mentalists is that, while the latter can be very, very entertaining, the audience usually doesn't doubt that they are, ultimately, performing "tricks." In the case of Kreskin, however, it's clear from the spectators' reactions that the vast majority of those observing were amazed by "The Amazing's" feats and, at a minimum, seriously wondered whether Kreskin might actually be performing genuine mindreading.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 20:08, MentaThought wrote:
I think the essential difference between Kreskin and many other mentalists is that, while the latter can be very, very entertaining, the audience usually doesn't doubt that they are, ultimately, performing "tricks." In the case of Kreskin, however, it's clear from the spectators' reactions that the vast majority of those observing were amazed by "The Amazing's" feats and, at a minimum, seriously wondered whether Kreskin might actually be performing genuine mindreading.

And THAT -- leaving the audience wondering whether or not what they have seen is real -- IMO is the essential mark of the successful mentalist. It is NOT necessary to make the audience "believe," but it IS essential to make them (or at least the majority of them) wonder. If the bulk of the audience simply perceives the performance as "tricks" the performer has failed.
Dick Christian
ThePhilosopher
View Profile
Regular user
Menlo Park, CA
122 Posts

Profile of ThePhilosopher
I saw the clip where he talked about the discovery of his abilities--amazing. No one would mistake him for a magician. In the audience's mind, he is the real deal.
- Nathan
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 11:18, ThePhilosopher wrote:
I saw the clip where he talked about the discovery of his abilities--amazing. No one would mistake him for a magician. In the audience's mind, he is the real deal.

The way he was handling the t**** t** in the Letterman clip, you are right; no one would mistake him for a magician...
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
magicgar
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magicgar
I've seen Kerskin about 10 times or more in my life and everyone that I've ever sat next to called him a magician. Most people didn't know what a mentalist was.
ThePhilosopher
View Profile
Regular user
Menlo Park, CA
122 Posts

Profile of ThePhilosopher
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 20:18, magicgar wrote:
I've seen Kerskin about 10 times or more in my life and everyone that I've ever sat next to called him a magician. Most people didn't know what a mentalist was.

I'd be interested to hear more. Like I said, I saw this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiTQvjA9DA) and they totally bought in to his story.

Do you think his combination of mentalism and magic works well?
- Nathan
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Just passing on a resource to the 3 "Best Moments" DVDs and the Friar's Club DVD.

If you have NetFlix they are all available from NetFlix. I just recieved the last of the "Best Moments" DVDs.

Cheers
Frank
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Most folks were not even aware, but Kreskin was performing at the Riveria in Las Vegas for about 6 weeks just prior to Christmas.
Don't know if he plans on repeating that engagement on a regular basis, but should he come back to town, it would be a great opportunity for those of you who
have never seen him to do so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing Kreskin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL