The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telethought Wallet II by Chris Kenworthey and Tony Curtis (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 13:13, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-05 21:23, Cameron Francis wrote:
Yes, you open the wallet to remove a business card or whatever else you need. But NOTHING is visible to the spectator, just like in the old version. It's a terrific wallet.

I like it better because the window is not the on the outside of the wallet. Looks more natural. Plus, you can find plenty of motivation to open the wallet.

Cameron or Dave-

I messed around yesterday with a friend's original Telethought and I found that the lighting had to be super bright. I'm just wondering how you guys handle this - do you only use it in known strong lighting conditions? I was hoping the II incarnation might improve on the visability.

It's the same filter. So the same issue applies.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 15:56, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, you open the wallet to remove a business card or whatever else you need. But NOTHING is visible to the spectator, just like in the old version. It's a terrific wallet.

I like it better because the window is not the on the outside of the wallet. Looks more natural. Plus, you can find plenty of motivation to open the wallet.

Cameron or Dave-

I messed around yesterday with a friend's original Telethought and I found that the lighting had to be super bright. I'm just wondering how you guys handle this - do you only use it in known strong lighting conditions? I was hoping the II incarnation might improve on the visability.

So Andi... do you use this style of wallet and like it...or not?

You're generally not short on opinions and I would love to hear your thoughts sir please...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
IMO, there's nothing wrong with the filter. It works great. I've had problems with other 3M filters in some other wallets, but not this one. I believe the instructions do say to have a light source behind you when performing, but I've never had a problem seeing the secret writing.

I think the main difference between Telethought I and Telethought II is that Telethought II looks more like a normal business card wallet because there are no windows on the outside of the wallet.

You get the p--k when you reopen the wallet to remove a blank business card. The audience sees a black window. With the original Telethought, you can close the wallet and set it aside and get your p--k later, which is a very nice feature, but the windows on the outside of the wallet seem suspicious to some.

I'm on the fence regarding which one I like the best. I think both are very good.

Robert
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Hi Robert- thanks that's very helpful info. I ordered the II version so I will post feedback after experimenting with it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Robert & Gang-

Just received my Telethought II directly from Chris this morning - along with a very kind personal note.

Let me just say that I am extremely impressed. The lighting needed for the p**k was less than I anticipated (or feared) and the process feels very natural. When the wallet is opened towards the spectator, as long as it is level or linear then you see what you require - and the spec will see darkness. The angles seem good and with just a bit of practice I can see that this will be a winner. AS long as you don't bend the folded wallet from linear to below even - then there should be no problemo.

The wallet is beautiful - with elegant stitching and supple leather - thanks to the beautiful craftsmanship of Tony Curtis and his staff.

At this very early stage it seems to me that the Telethought II has some advantages as the window is visible only briefly rather than at all times. Obviously one needs to catch what you need in a shorter time, but wouldn't that be the case for most regular wallets (I'm by no means an expert on wallets).

Overall I think that this will be a wonderful tool - and a definite improvement. The view-ability & brightness of the p**k also seemed brighter than when I saw a friends original Telethought wallet last weekend. I could be wrong on this however. GREAT WALLET!!!

BTW, Chris sent the wallet with more packing tape then a mummy from Egypt - marked "FRAGILE" all over the box... !
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2011-03-14 18:17, saysold1 wrote:
The wallet is beautiful - with elegant stitching and supple leather - thanks to the beautiful craftsmanship of Tony Curtis and his staff.

Thank you for your kind comment.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 18:04, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 15:56, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cameron or Dave-

So Andi... do you use this style of wallet and like it...or not?

You're generally not short on opinions and I would love to hear your thoughts sir please...

I like both.

TTI for formal performance where I can control the situation and leave the wallet safely on the table. No need to open it twice.

TT2 for less formal performance where I need to keep closer control of the wallet. Need to open the wallet twice but that's easy to motivate.

I now prefer these wallets to my stealth assassin for the peek.

However, the infinity wallet still trumps all as my everyday wallet.

If someone asked which TT wallet I'd recommend to get I'd say consider how you'll be using the wallet and then choose based on the 2 scenarios I mention above.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

We received our first shipment Monday of the new Telethought Wallet II . All I can say is WOW!!! As usual Chris has outdone himself, and Tony Curtis has once again proven what a fine craftsman he is.The wallet is his best creation to date in my opinion. The quality is outstanding and the price incredible for what you receive. We have plenty in stock for immediate delivery. Mention the Café when you place your order and we'll throw in a Deckone by Theory 11 FREE! Limited to supply on hand.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Video demo link here - this little wallet ROCKS:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=showvideo&key=9209
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Great Demo.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think I like opening the wallet better in the palm of the hand - rather than on a flat table - to me this seems like the best way to control the angles and get the optimal p**k.

Depending on the height of a table (or flat surface) the reliability of the p**k can be affected.

Keeping the T2 in hand makes it all work better I think. I also like the video demo use of the $20 bill as a nice bit of misdirection - and placing the initial business card in the clear see through window, then removing it.
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Saysold1,

Glad you like the demo. I actually explained that presenation on the first page of this thread. You might also like the playing card idea I listed in that same post. I know most guys would rather not use this as a card trick - but it's a very strong approach. Give it a try!

Best,
Paul Richards
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Folks-

Is there a safe way to clean the film if it gets fingerprints/dirty? What would you recommend? Windex - water - Novus 1?

I LOVE this wallet (have I already said that?).

I also very much like Paul's justification for putting the business card in the clear view plastic inside - and the misdirection with the bill. Nice touches all - and now proven in performance.

Like I said, I find that it all works best when laying the wallet open and flat in the hand rather than on a table. The other thing that Chris Kenworthey stresses is to take your time - a beat - not to rush or worry about getting the p**k.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-03-18 12:07, Paul Richards wrote:
Saysold1,

Glad you like the demo. I actually explained that presenation on the first page of this thread. You might also like the playing card idea I listed in that same post. I know most guys would rather not use this as a card trick - but it's a very strong approach. Give it a try!

Best,
Paul Richards

I liked your miscall on the '7'. Nice psychological subtlety.

Your missus is a good actress too. She must have seen the trick 1000 times and yet still seems surprised ;-)
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
I liked your miscall on the '7'. Nice psychological subtlety.
Your missus is a good actress too. She must have seen the trick 1000 times and yet still seems surprised ;-)

That's showbiz ;-)
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Why? SAW does it so much better IMHO, and has done for the last 5 years or more.

Me
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 14:36, saysold1 wrote:
Is there a safe way to clean the film if it gets fingerprints/dirty?

I use computer wet screen wipes that come in a plastic tub.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 17:20, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Why? SAW does it so much better IMHO, and has done for the last 5 years or more.

Me

If you're referring to my post this is what I was commenting on.........."Your missus is a good actress too. She must have seen the trick 1000 times and yet still seems surprised ;-)"

As I said, that's showbiz for you Smile

Great wallet by the way!
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 15:48, Andi Peters wrote:

She's a good sport, that's for sure! In truth, she was not expecting the miscall...so her response at that point was genuine. I have to keep a few tricks up my sleeve for her!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 11:25, Paul Richards wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 15:48, Andi Peters wrote:

She's a good sport, that's for sure! In truth, she was not expecting the miscall...so her response at that point was genuine. I have to keep a few tricks up my sleeve for her!

Ha ha! Good to keep them on their toes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telethought Wallet II by Chris Kenworthey and Tony Curtis (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL