The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telethought Wallet II by Chris Kenworthey and Tony Curtis (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 14:56, Andi Peters wrote:
Ok guys, I'll be letting the cat out of the bag within the next day or so.

I've found and road tested a new use for my 'favourite' Telethought wallet which is STRONGER than how you are all currently using it.

All will be revealed soon.

Andi... Still waiting patiently for your take and thoughts on Telethought - lay it on us buddy Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Murphy's Magic will have Telethought Wallet II this week so magic dealer's worldwide should have them in stock shortly.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
See the Telethought Wallet II on the Wizard Product Show this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXA0GjWEBps

Tony Curtis

Click Here
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The boys gave it well deserved top marks. This is a great product for sure. The method of the peek is straight out of a James Bond movie.
If so I guess that makes Tony Curtis the "Q" of magic wallet manufacturers!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2011-05-27 10:11, saysold1 wrote:
The boys gave it well deserved top marks. This is a great product for sure. The method of the peek is straight out of a James Bond movie.
If so I guess that makes Tony Curtis the "Q" of magic wallet manufacturers!

Thanks but I can only take credit for the design of the wallet and not the method used.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Love the wallet. Its quality is top notch and the seam is really great. Strong and decent.

At first, I was put off by the four golden corners. They look oldies, scream "magic prop" and kinda off. BUT, I once was wrong again.

Everything is just great. Not too thick and feels great in my pocket. I only tried this once to a cousin using Paul Richard's handling with some small changes in the patter.

I told him that thought will leave invisible residue of energy,and when perceived strongly, it will be able to picked up by others.

Somehow it is hard as when they try to hide their secret thought, the residue is too weak to be caught. So, we, as mind readers have an old trick that has been passed on from generations to generations.

That we should make the audience to be off guard because their mind is distracted. Distracted by something basic, a simple and the foundation of all lust: money. Hahaha..

Then after saying it, I open the wallet to show the bill inside. I then pretend that the residue somehow gets really strong as he is now distracted.

I love to keep them feel they're still the upper hand by revealing the numbers in the middle. As we say it, the way we say it, it feels that those numbers are the first and second digit. Then slowly you reveal the whole numbers. Could be 4 digits.

I dunno if this patter appealing to you guys but the energy residue is actually a real deal. Especially for those who are into ghost and spirit things. They say sometimes a place is not haunted but it's the negative energy residue that sometimes is picked up by us.

Hope it helps as for me the patter sounds logical and can be supported by many webpages.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Great routine Hendra -

I use Paul's routine now too sometimes and the money "distraction" idea is cool. Thanks for sharing!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Not a problem Brett. I love the concept and thinking to get the gimmick to implement it onto something else.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Ok, been using this for a while so I can give some opinions.

As the TT II now has the window in the inside, some of these handling might be useful for you. If you just use blank cards like I do, sometimes it's hard to read up side down. So here are to cover it:

This can be done before or after they write down the numbers, names, etc. Ask them to sign the other side of the card, give them a reason that this to fool-proof that the card can't be tampered and it can even be given to them later on.

To make it 100% readable, ask them to sign the card before they write the numbers, then while delivering the patter, you turn it down in an appropriate direction so whatever they write will be align horizontally with their signature. Then slide the card in accordingly.

Now, with the window itself, I did some little adjustment, and I got this from Rick Roth's Opus Diablo and Pantera (I'm not sure about Showdown tho, need his confirmation on this). In his wallets there is a gimmick with the appearance of either FedEx business card or British Airlines. So I was putting myself into the audience's shoes and it would be very odd for me to see an empty window or pocket inside the wallet.

People usually stuff that part with everything, anything that has the right size. So by having the gimmick, while I open the wallet, they see a blurry business card. As FedEx has the most recognizable logo, so it won't attract any attention. Their attention is always on the money I put in the other pocket.

Of course you don't have to follow and do this, but it will give a more safe illusion that the wallet IS a regular business card wallet. It works extremely great for me. And -for me- it gives me a more comfortable feeling as from their point of view it does look great. A blurry name card.

Rick Roth taught how to create your own gimmick with your own logo if you want. It won't cost much and can be done on most of office supplies shops tho. Having a common and famous logo is the best bet. Even they read it upside down, they will recognize it and think it as a regular name card or business card.

I misread the numbers today due to the angle haha.. I did the routine twice to different people. The last one was a bit hard as I didn't have enough proper light on my shoulder but it was even better. He then even said that because I'm not a real mentalist, reading 3 digits correctly and misread the first one is already smoking lol.

So, there, I hope those help you in any way.
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Quote:

I've found and road tested a new use for my 'favourite' Telethought wallet which is STRONGER than how you are all currently using it.

First: I feel that Mr. Peters prefers the TT#1.
Second: I'm still waiting for his handling.
Third: hope he didn't change his mind...

Best,
andrea
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Chris Kenworthey and I really appreciate everyone’s input and comments regarding Telethought Wallet II.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

You're most welcomed, Tony. I hope others will share more routines and presentation here.

Quote:

We are still waiting for this Smile
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Any other routine or motivation in using this? What other trick do you combine? Would love to hear some great ideas using this great wallet.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I have ever used a peek wallet and the quality is great.However I do appear to have a few issues with the lighting and angles with the spectators getting a peek as well from the front or side.Can someone please give me a few tips.

BARRY
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I love this thing. Been using it in conjunction with an item from boris wild to do a version of a killer Asi Wind effect.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just got this. Highly recommended.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 21:25, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Just got this. Highly recommended.

Paul, many thanks and hope you enjoy using your Telethought Wallet II.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Great wallet !! I use this in conjunction with "Alarmed". Thank you Tony for putting out a quality piece of magic with you Telethought Wallet II. Smile

Joe
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 18:32, BaryBazz wrote:
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I have ever used a peek wallet and the quality is great.However I do appear to have a few issues with the lighting and angles with the spectators getting a peek as well from the front or side.Can someone please give me a few tips.

BARRY

There is no chance of any spectators getting any peeks from the front of the direct sides as long as you hold the wallet in your palm, wallet opened...relaxed, waist high or so. You don't need to open the wallet too much, and the peek should be casual.

When I first got T2 I also worried that spec were getting a view, but in reality my worries were pretty much unfounded.

As far as lighting, you do need decent light and I believe you want the light behind you a bit.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 17:01, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 18:32, BaryBazz wrote:
Hi Guys,

BARRY

There is no chance of any spectators getting any peeks from the front of the direct sides as long as you hold the wallet in your palm, wallet opened...relaxed, waist high or so. You don't need to open the wallet too much, and the peek should be casual.

When I first got T2 I also worried that spec were getting a view, but in reality my worries were pretty much unfounded.

As far as lighting, you do need decent light and I believe you want the light behind you a bit.

Many thanks saysold1 some usefull tips.

BARRY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telethought Wallet II by Chris Kenworthey and Tony Curtis (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL