The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Freeview by Kyle MacNeill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi guys,

New trick of mine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUMXGIimoa4

Tell me what you guys think!

Credits:

Erdnase Change - S.W. Erdnase
Up the Ladder Cut - Charlie Miller
Dan Garret - Underhand Overhand False Shuffle
Pivoting card - flourish by Dan and Dave
Longitudal Spread - Aaron Fisher

Best wishes,

Kyle.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I like the concept of this trick!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Andrew!¬

Kyle
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Just keep doing what your doing and you could go far.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Not trying to sound overly harsh.. but before you even think of putting out 'Ebooks' you should refine your technique... as it's quite sloppy

and the 'Structure' of the 'Routine' is equally as sloppy
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
693 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
I do like the concept as well!
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
@Darth Prime

Thanks for the feedback!
I am quite pleased with this routine, and I have been given a few constructive tips, such as adding a zarrow shuffle, and maybe doing a flippant move instead of an Erdnase.

Thanks for your interest in my routines!

And thanks everyone else for your feedback!

Kyle
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
OK Kyle... here is my feedback

firstly I really like the plot (TV, ariel, picture quality) I know the presentation is "basic" for YouTube and has zero entertainment quality but for a teaching someone how to do it, this presentation is perfect.

as I have said many times before... publishing magic which is not 100% is just the same as exposure.

OK enough of my rant on YouTube culture...

The trick itself:
1. as written in many books, it is useless to describe what the audience can see... it's like a bad movie "Oh no! the aliens have landed and are about to kidnap the president..."
2. seeing the faces of four cards becomes confusing unless the "patter" keeps the selections in the minds of the audience (which cards do I have to remember?)
3. keeping the deck in order is lost after the double reveal in my mind, even though it's clever and other magicians will see the elegance, the "punters" will not see the connection.

As I have also said before, your imagination it fantastic and we have not heard the last of you... keep going but "pay your dues" start performing in front of live audiences and post THOSE videos... others will see the reactions and want to buy your lecture notes... in a few years... showing us your "moves" on YouTube will just allow unscrupulous people to steal your work.

you have plenty of time to be famous... enjoy the ride, but listen to the advice...
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Tim, I will work on that. Smile

Kyle
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
The only way anyone will ever get better is if they actually listen to the 'Criticism' and apply it

telling him the 'Routine Is Grand' is just giving the 'Wrong Impression'

if you want to improve.. take a 'Real Look At It' does it come up to your 'Standards'?

It Was 'Sloppy' the 'Structure' was 'Confusing' and 'Unmotivated' at times.. whilst the 'Presentational' aspect might be something one could work out... think of a 'Real World Experience'

and if you're just into it as a 'Hobby' smashing then.. but don't 'Sell Ebooks'

He Atleast Deserves the 'Truth' not a bunch of 'Sugarcoated Replies'
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks for commenting Darth!

Maybe some people DID feel that they LIKED the routine, and maybe others didn't.

:)

Kyle
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Indeed... If someone fancies it.. smashing.. but one cannot overlook the 'Rubbish Technique' you were displaying...

With no real 'Offense' to you.. with your 'Technique' you shouldn't be making money selling magic
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Dear Darth,

Have a nice day!
Oh and by the way, why do you comment with inverted commas?

Kyle
Donnie
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Donnie
Kyle,

That was terrible on many levels. Please consider what qualifies you to publish an e-book.

-Don
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
There has been some valid points back and forth here and I too agree with them. One thing I can state is that if you never have read any of Kyke previous work,it is easy to see this video and make the comments being made.I would think along similar lines as well after viewing it as it does not show smooth style,technique or even patter.I'm not sure why Kyle in my eyes would take a step backwards. What I can accurately state is that I have a few of Kyle already released ebooks and they are well written,creative,well documented and bring forth some good ideas,twist and card magic. So after reading his previous work,I believe that qualifies him to release ebooks and downs loads. He also has raised over $11,000 in fundraising for the Colombinis which is no easy task. Finally,not sure at all about this effect and video above as it appears it has now drawn a line in the sand, a line that Kyle never needed to draw in the 1st place. It is a divider between previously released pretty solid effects that the majority of people praised including some well known folks around the world and now the accurate statements posted above to the contrary. Kyle will have to speak up here and answer the questions at hand. I think it best In the future to never post anything that is not 100% ready as there are other avenues to take to try out ideas and routines besides in the spotlight . Once it is out there in cyberspace,it is there for life and can't be undone.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Rizzo,

Many people had actually said that they liked this routine, so it may be a matter of taste in that respect.
BUT, I completely AGREE with your comments regarding the poor handling style I portrayed in this effect.
I love creating new ideas, and this was no exception, and my love for magic brought me to show it to the public, BEFORE I had smoothened it out.
I WISH I could delete this topic, and I am sorry for all those left with a bitter taste of dissapointement in their mouths.

I will improve, and next time I show you guys a trick, I will smoothen it out several times, to create an optimum version and portrayal of that trick, and in general, my work.

Thanks and best wishes,

Have a nice day! Smile

Kyle MacNeill
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Are all your 'Praised Ebooks' 'Original Sleights and Routines' or just 'Your Handling' of 'Certain Plots'?
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
First of all, who are those quotes from?

And a lot of my effects are unusual plots or plots with a twist.

Kyle
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 19:41, Darth_Prime wrote:
Are all your 'Praised Ebooks' 'Original Sleights and Routines' or just 'Your Handling' of 'Certain Plots'?

It's an honest question Kyle. Don't worry about the "quotes" as the question is valid with or without them.

Answer the question.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
A lot of my effects are unusual plots or plots with a twist, and some are my takes on classics.
People have liked them and enjoyed them, and I ENJOY writing them and creating them. Smile
I hope that answers the question Stanyon!

Thanks for suppourting me,

I hope all you guys have a great, magical day! Smile

Kyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Freeview by Kyle MacNeill (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL