The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favourite impromptu effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
My own 'Zen' technique Smile always seems to impress. There is a video of it somewhere online I think :S .

Thanks for all the kind recommendations Smile

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 05:41, voh002 wrote:

Have you tried this link? I think it is better than the GOOGLE search.

http://searchthemagiccafe.com/

Thanks for the link voh002! Where did that come from?!! Very useful. Bookmarked.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
My own 'Zen' technique Smile always seems to impress. There is a video of it somewhere online I think :S .

Thanks for all the kind recommendations Smile

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Whats the "finger guessing routine"? Is this something? from The Amazing Jonathan`s routine?

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 15:30, Roger Kelly wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 05:41, voh002 wrote:

Have you tried this link? I think it is better than the GOOGLE search.

http://searchthemagiccafe.com/

Thanks for the link voh002! Where did that come from?!! Very useful. Bookmarked.

I'm not sure but I think there were some who recommended the search engine in another thread. Glad you liked it, and I use it all the time:)
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 15:48, ropeadope wrote:
Whats the "finger guessing routine"? Is this something? from The Amazing Jonathan`s routine?

Have fun,
John

John, are you referring to Equifink by Phil Smith?

It goes like this. You have in your pocket a prediction (your left hand goes in and stays there - apparently holding the prediction.) Your other hand lays on the table, thumb folded away - its not needed. Spectator chooses one of the four fingers and its the same one as the one in your pocket! Simples! (Actually - theres more too it but it would be bordering on exposure. Its very good and very funny. The comedic 'stupidity' of it combined with the outcome even throws people off the obvious scent. I love it. It's the opening effect in Phil's Mitox book.
Santiago
View Profile
New user
Argentina
75 Posts

Profile of Santiago
Since I love book tests, I think my favourite impromptu effect is Richard Busch's Paper-Backed Thought Projection. The only thing you need is a book. It's great when you are at the bookstore and you want to "make an experiment with your friends..."
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 05:50, W. Mercury wrote:
Hello,
Whenever someone ask me to show "something cool" and if I have nothing much on me, I used to perform 'Positive Negative' or 'The Call'.
My favourite at the moment is the finger guessing routine that I've picked up from Mello's DVD.
what is/are your favourite impromptu effect/s?

Hello, W. Mercury.

Welcome to The Magic Café. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Good luck to you as you try to learn the "ins and outs" of navigating the Café--particularly in trying to navigate the restricted Search Engine function on the site. If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, it might seem nigh on to impossible to find which thread such related topics might be on; at the very least, such searching can take some luck and lots of time as you experiment with various search engine "word combinations" and the possible threads in which to search.

Again, welcome to the Café.

Best,

Mike

BTW, your choice of "Positive Negative" is an excellent choice of an impromptu mentalism effect.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Is this the same one the original poster is talking about? He`s talking about a Mello Dvd, is that the same as the one you are talking about in Phil Smith`s book Mitox Roger?

Phil`s routine sounds like fun as long as you can show the pocket otherwise empty after you pull out the prediction.

John
W. Mercury
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of W. Mercury
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 19:40, ropeadope wrote:
Is this the same one the original poster is talking about? He`s talking about a Mello Dvd, is that the same as the one you are talking about in Phil Smith`s book Mitox Roger?

Phil`s routine sounds like fun as long as you can show the pocket otherwise empty after you pull out the prediction.

John

No, it's quite different from the one in Mitox.
It is called Handy Prediction.
The link below is the video of Mello performing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Dlyb75fXk#t=01m27s

WJ
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Ah - sorry to confuse everyone! Totally different.

John,

Quote:

Have you any idea how funny that is?! ("Look, no other hand in there...")

Love it. Can I use it please?
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Sure, run with it Roger.

Also, to continue: "Look, no other hand in there...empty"! "Looks like the little wife has already been here."

Sorry ladies.....I apologize to the married ladies of the Café. Couldn`t resist.

Have fun,
John
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2164 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 03:51, Last Laugh wrote:
4 card Kollosal Killer, with the equivoque from Bryn Reynolds' "Seven",

Cool....I'm glad you like!
Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
Seven FTW
Brian
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
If I have (or can get) cards, Lie Detector.

If you have your business cards with you, Banachek’s M.I.N.D. cards are VERY quick to set up, and is funny because of the descriptions you can give.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
With the risk of repeating myself. Derren Brown's Devil's Picture Book. Absolutely the best I have ever run across. It does demand, in some parts, audience management. But if you're half way decent you can do it.
b
Magic is a vanishing art.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
889 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Mine is unquestionably the C***** T***. It seems I'm one of the few who actually do it!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Impromptu mentalism for me means : Unexpected performances of mentalism without apparent nothing than borrowed material.

In that enters :

1.No prop mentalism :Mind experience without any physical prop.
F.E.: suggestion work, PK Touches.

2.Really impromptu mentalism :Completely without preparation of props beforehand.
F.E: pendulum work , card material, all the material from my Mysteries Anywhere books.

3.Apparent impromptu mentalism : Effecst that requieres some prop or a few preparation beforehand.
F.E. : The 2 effects from my book " Impromptu and Colorful Prediction" and all the effects from my book about ESP Cards.

The powerful idea behind impromptu material, is for me , the fact that all this is created in the spot ( apparently or in a real way) . The indirect suggestion from this performances is... " If he isn't prepared and can do this... what he can do when he is prepared!!!"

My favorites pieces for impromptu mentalism are :

1. Conversation.

And from that ....

1. All depends in the context really. I never think in a social situation . ." What I will perform if someone ask for that?"....

I just , first of all, try to connect with the mood of the moment, try to be empathic and AFTER that I think about which experience I can and I want to share .
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Keys to the Kingdom by Walter Davis, its new but made the top of my list last night when I used on a few friends. This effect is simple and kills. Already bugging Walter about Keys to the Kingdom 2 and the first one has only been out less than a day. Rarely do I find stuff this good the thing is off the chain. Wish I would have thought of it myself.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Tell me more about Keys to the Kingdom.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favourite impromptu effect? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL