The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favourite impromptu effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
Usually some form of billet work, mainly something like Telepathy Plus or Name/Place routine.

CMR and suggestion based demonstrations, are good for entirely impromptu demonstrations.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
A predict a number from 1 to 100 effect I came up with.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
DallasCarter
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of DallasCarter
I always enjoy just a simple mind reading trick using a p*** method. SO many ways to approach it that you can make it up as you go!
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
My favorites are all totally propless. In no order, they are: Silent Running (Ben Harris), Mene Mene Dekel, Prime V2 (both by Dekel), Imagine (Rick Maue) and Ultimate Imagination (Andrew Gerard). But I hope to add PPR and The Pure Thing by Nefesch. I just haven't tried those yet. LOL
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Probably my own version of Positive/Negative 'Keep Positive'. It's the one I perform if I'm propless. Just need a coin and a classic palm...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of RNK
Paul Carnazzo's- "Salt"- Great reactions every time!

RNK
DallasCarter
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of DallasCarter
You know, I also believe that any impromptu effect can be transformed into a 'mentalist' routine if you tell the story right Smile I like to open sometimes with Dan Garcia's 'Pressure', and talk about the ability to manipulate matter (or something along those lines)

It is such a visual effect that folks in the area stop because well,,,, because they just saw a c******** get put into a b****** !
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
If I have nothing at all to use around me it's arm twist and balduci after I build the audience. Otherwise it's sucker torn and restored napkin from Mark Wilsons book. I also like where you can cause a pen to spin around without touching it while delicatly resting on a surface. There is the old lipstick trick, coin magic obviously, mentalism and the list goes on.
Jeremy Gates
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 18:43, J.G. the magnificent wrote:
If I have nothing at all to use around me it's arm twist and balduci after I build the audience. Otherwise it's sucker torn and restored napkin from Mark Wilsons book. I also like where you can cause a pen to spin around without touching it while delicatly resting on a surface. There is the old lipstick trick, coin magic obviously, mentalism and the list goes on.

You realize that this is a mentalism forum, don't you? The sucker torn and restored napkin?

And no, Dallas, just about any bit of impromptu magic CANNOT be transformed in mentalism. Coins Across does not become mentalism just because you say you are doing it with the powers of your mind.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 18:43, J.G. the magnificent wrote:

"Mentalism" just got listed casually behind "the old lipstick trick." I'm feeling an interesting cocktail of anger and humility...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favourite impromptu effect? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL