We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The real deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
I've bought plenty of DVDs and books but I'm not getting the results I want... I want to be able to make people forget their name and make them think that there somewhere there not( stuff you see on stage typically) is live training the best way to goo to be able to those type of things? Any feedback would be appreciated
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Yes
Ben Field
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Ben Field
I've been doing hypnosis for a couple of years now and have not had any training so can't comment on how effective it would be. The biggest thing for me is to have the belief that you can do it and to project that to the person you are hypnotising. If your struggling with this I would recomend you trying some basic suggestion without trying to put someone in a trance, for instance just tell someone to stretch out their arm and tell them they will feel something when you move your arm slowly over it, take it really seriously and as long as they do it will be a positive experience, if they feel nothing you've lost nothing but if they feel something your confidence will grow. As you get more confident the rest should come!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
HI Fergie,

live training that has a large practical element will help.

In the meantime what results have you achieved? Can you comfortably demonstrate a variety of basic physical phenomena without an induction?

If not then that is a good place for a beginnner to start. Master the exercises often called waking hypnosis exercises. They will get you used to giving suggestions, take the pressure off trying to hypnotise and give you an opportunity to observe your subject so that you can pace and lead.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Anthony makes a great point.

The big advantages of live training that you cannot get from studying books or videos include:

1) Being able to work with a variety of strangers on various things
2) Having a trained and experienced instructor watch what you're doing and give corrections and suggestions during practice sessions
3) Being checked out by a trained and experienced instructor to see that you have mastered the training.

If your live training does not feature a LOT of practice and the practical element, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it for BEGINNING trainings.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
828 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Fergie33,

I noticed on your thread about arm pull inductions that you made an initial post and never returned to the thread. You have done the same here. You have some knowledgeable guys posting on here, come back and give some feedback. They should be able to get you on the right track fairly quickly.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10218 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I've noticed that too. I was going to post with regard to a couple of his posts but was waiting for his replies to what was offered so far and to learn a bit more about him.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Well yes getting some in person training will always be the best as they can look at you "not getting the results" you wanted and tell you why!

Alternatively, as the posters above have said, if you tell us what you are doing and what isn't happening, them you will get many tips to aid your progress.

But you have to meet people half way and actually continue the conversation!

99% of us don't bite.
98% of us are friendly.
But
100% of us were where you are at the start!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 14:44, Shrubsole wrote:

.... except for one. A very special one. Who turned into the effing Sherrif of effing Nottingham!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 15:22, bobser wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 14:44, Shrubsole wrote:

.... except for one. A very special one. Who turned into the effing Sherrif of effing Nottingham!!!

Indeed! Please note the other figures! Smile
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
I started the other thread becasue this one died out and wasnt sure if I should bring up the arm induction here due to it being alittle off topic. thank you for the replies though! the reason I keep doing the arm induction is beacuse of its a instant result. if they are hypnotized they will go right down if there not then they wont. as far as doing other inductions I fell like if I tell them to sit down and give the mthe hypnotic speech they arent really hypnotized. I udnerstand the main idea behing hypnosis is confusion or shock I'm just looking for a path that can get me to become consistant and to be able to REALLY put them in hypnosis.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10218 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What you are doing is much more hit or miss, all or nothing, and in your case miss. Your problem is your seeking instant. No convincers or other elements that could help your success.
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
What are some other things that could help my success?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"I udnerstand the main idea behing hypnosis is confusion or shock" Where did you learn that from?

Doesn't confusion and shock sound like the exact opposite of relaxation?

Why is speed of induction important to you? Is there a time limit?

You say that you have The Trilby Connection: It clearly shows how to do safe inductions that don't take long and do not leave the subject confused, in a state of shock and with a dislocated arm. So if you have watched that, where did you get this idea that a state of confusion and shock was needed?

Have you tried the 'set pieces' on the Trilby Connection?

You seem to have gotten off to a bad start, with some strange ideas about what hypnosis is and how to get there. Fortunately if you start at the start of the Trilby Connection with the 'set pieces' and see how you get on with them you should start to get some results. Ant (Who made the course) is on here and never fails to help people either here, via PM or directly via email. There are also many others here to set you on the right path.

In the meantime watch The Trilby Connecting and learn the set pieces... And try them!
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
Thank you! I will try them, but how do ik if the person is compltly under hypnosis or is just playing along with me?
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
The look of surprise on their face will let you know they aren´t playing along, and there are signs of trance - they should be listed in your Ormond McGill encyclopedia Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 16:38, fergie33 wrote:
Thank you! I will try them, but how do ik if the person is compltly under hypnosis or is just playing along with me?

Most of the set pieces will work anyway, so if they don't it is most probably someone trying to resist and so you don't want them in your show! This is a major problem when just trying one on one all the time. Try approaching at least a small group and carry on with the best people who are following your suggestions.

Later when you move into the induction phase you can test your work as you go. If you make a suggestion that their hand is getting lighter and will drift up, and it does, then that is a positive result of your suggestion. Again if it doesn't with some, then reject them and move on with the people it does.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 16:38, fergie33 wrote:

Many of us who make a living as hypnotists don't actually believe that there is such a state. We think everyone is just playing along. It's called social compliance.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah, like putting needles through their hands and telling them there's no pain and no bleeding. It's all just social compliance, ain't that right Tony?
Or in the therapy room where their phobia disappears, that'll be social compliance too.
Or the ten thousand ex smokers out there who won't put a cigarette near their mouths ever again, just to make ME feel good (AND I get to keep the money!!). It's all just them socially complying along. Wow, what a job!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Bobser, I am not qualified to talk about therapy. But I firmly believe that stage hypnosis (the subject of this forum) is social compliance. And I can put a needle through my arm and smile while I am doing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The real deal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL