The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WalkerMagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of WalkerMagic
Hi,

I have been working on a card manipulation act for a couple of months, But I am having a hard time trying to decide how to end the routine. Any suggestions for the big finish will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommy Walker
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Simply end with a dramatic final fan of card that have about 10 or 12 cards. Spread the fan as large as possible. Pause. Then drop the fan and take your applause position. It is all how you sell it!
WalkerMagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of WalkerMagic
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 15:12, wmhegbli wrote:
Simply end with a dramatic final fan of card that have about 10 or 12 cards. Spread the fan as large as possible. Pause. Then drop the fan and take your applause position. It is all how you sell it!

Thanks, I'll try that out.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Produce a dinossaur. Seriously.

Or a Jumbo Fan. Jeff McBride's transformation of ordinary cards into a pair of massive Jumbo Card Fans has been my finale of choice fo card manipulations for quite a while now.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Since you use the phrase "card manipulation act" rather than "routine," I'm assuming that you don't include ball or manipulations of other non-card objects in your act.

I often end my manipulation act with Ed Mishell's "Fanorama." The American flag fanning deck is a good substitute since the Fanorama deck may be difficult to find. You could do a diminishing cards routine and end with the cards completely vanished, leaving you with empty hands--a perfect cue that the act is over. I often end with a double fan cascading into the top hat or whatever container you use for catching the cards. (When I do my double fan routine, I also add an extra ten cards to the deck to make the fan and the cascade more effective.)

You could produce a Rice Full House Card Silk.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Cards fountain
cards fan to hat
cards to snow storm or to throwing streamers
cards themed parasol
diminishing cards these effects would make a better ending .
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I use to end my card act by "dumping the cards" on a tray and pull the hat away revealing a card castle. Of course, the cards are not dumped, I had a Foo set up in my hat to catch the cards. The edges of the tray hid the flat card castle. When I turned the hat on top of the tray, I caught the loop to the card castle with my finger and extended it. Then I spun the hat so the audience can briefly see the hat empty, put the hat on my head, and then I took a pose as the music ended.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Look for the cards not the gimmick...cordially,howard
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Look for the effect, not anything else.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Many years ago I thought about applying the principal of the Dancing Cane to a large playing card. Never got much past the brainstorming/daydreaming stage. I was always intrigued by the picture of Keith Clark in the Dover edition of Wilfrid Jonson's _Magic Tricks and Card Tricks_ where he is shown using a magnet with a jumbo card. I did develop a rising card routine using a magnet based on one of the rising card principles that I found in Ottokar Fischer's _Illustrated Magic_. It's a method I haven't seen described in most rising card effects, although I have seen it used to float a ping pong ball.

----- Sonny Narvaez
WalkerMagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of WalkerMagic
Thanks everyone for all the awesome responses. I’m going to go with what Amado said and get a Rice Full House Silk.

Thanks again,

Tommy

Quote:
On 2011-02-09 20:12, Anatole wrote:
Since you use the phrase "card manipulation act" rather than "routine," I'm assuming that you don't include ball or manipulations of other non-card objects in your act.

I often end my manipulation act with Ed Mishell's "Fanorama." The American flag fanning deck is a good substitute since the Fanorama deck may be difficult to find. You could do a diminishing cards routine and end with the cards completely vanished, leaving you with empty hands--a perfect cue that the act is over. I often end with a double fan cascading into the top hat or whatever container you use for catching the cards. (When I do my double fan routine, I also add an extra ten cards to the deck to make the fan and the cascade more effective.)

You could produce a Rice Full House Card Silk.

Gustavo Vierini
View Profile
New user
Brazil
27 Posts

Profile of Gustavo Vierini
How Fabio said,

The big Fan by Jeff McBride is very well! Or snowstorm and streamers as Dahih Beik said.

So, I do Manipulation cards a long time but I have many different routines with different ending. below I'll leave some videos that I have been done something about it, I hope you can take some idea from it.

I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VOGEfZFYk&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVjK5lhpJcM&feature=related

Best regards and greetings from Brazil,

Gustavo Vierini
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Actually, if you are going to use the Snowstorm ending, a good way to do it after the diminishing cards. After the cards diminish to its smallest size, pick up the fan and do the snowstorm.
MattWMagic
View Profile
New user
Issaquah, WA
23 Posts

Profile of MattWMagic
In my card manip act I use a card fountain. I have used Jeff McBride jumbo fans in the past. You also might want to check out zoom bounce anf fly by jeff McBride to learn how to shoot cards at the end.
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Mtpascoe that is a really cool idea. If you do the enlarging cards at the beginning that would be the perfect closer. It doesn't give it a punch but it does sooth the audience into the ending. I love doing that rather than the punch line endings. Its what they need not what they want. Also Gustavo Vierini love the back palm fake out. Brilliant in fact.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL