The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Using Livestock in Photo Opportunities (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My wife Lucy uses her "Live Unicorns" for photo ops. Preteen girls love dress like princesses (costumes furnished) and have their pictures made with the "Unicorn". It can be another profit center for the event.

Are any of the rest of you using Livestock in Photo Opportunities? What are you doing? How is it working?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I have used a few in my photos. Check out the one of me in front of my rabbit:
http://www.detroitmagician.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I think Bob was thinking more for pictures with the audience members. In most birthday parties I let the birthday child hold the magic hat with my rabbit in it. This allows for a perfect photo op.

I am working on a larger family show. I will be offering something similar during the shows I have intermission. For a couple bucks they will be able to take a picture with one of the animals and receive the picture in a special photo holder after the show.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oops, my bad. Will the idiot please raise his hand?... Smile (me).

I used to bring my camera and take their photo myself at the end of my show. Most times I use my rabbit. At times I would use all three of my pets, (rabbit, chinchilla and dove). I printed it out at the spot with my portable photo printer:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/D......ictures/

I have not been taking the pictures over a year now. But I still set the birthday child and family up in position. Now I let their friends/relatives take a picture with their own camera.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Wow you guys are brave.

Children + Animals = totally chaotic system Smile. I've often taken Pickels our Macaw out on walks where he has interacted with kids, but those are situations where I can be 100% focused on monitoring the interaction.

Maybe it was my nervous and inexperience with kids showing, but when I used Sunny (our cockatiel) in my (one) children's performance, I kept him on either my shoulder or my wife's.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
A magician who is an acquaintance does this after his shows. He basically uses two animals: a macaw (rests on audience member's arm) and a snake (i.e., a harmless snake which goes partially around audience member's neck).

Bob, I am hoping to get to see the "unicorns" in October.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jimmy,

Of course our "Unicorns" are real. Just wait until you see our idea of Jacks or better! They are real too.

The date for 2011 is October 7-8. Please come and take part.

http://magicvalleymagic.com/

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Is that like the old side-show unicorn? If so, did you acquire them or make them yourselves? Does it cause the animals any grief?
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
In my "Deluxe" show contract I add the Birthday kid dressed as a magician with the top hat, cape and LIVE Rabbit for a photo and always people upgrade from basic to deluxe thanks to this. So it is a very good idea to use this.
Another idea would be use the "Kid to Rabbit wand" and hang it in a Stand for people to take photos in the hole! That would be a nice idea too!
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 12:35, Cyberqat wrote:
Is that like the old side-show unicorn? If so, did you acquire them or make them yourselves? Does it cause the animals any grief?

These are registered Quarter Horses. They are white with blue eyes (not albinos!). They are also circus/trick horse trained with their own shows. Nothing surgically has been done to the horses. At showtime they magically have a horn! (It is part of costuming.)

Interestingly, the first one Star Dancer would have been destroyed due to a hereditary disease (Equine Herda). Her skin is not "stuck" to the rest of her. She cannot be saddled or ridden. Her skin simply rips under any pressure. By being trained as a trick horse we could save her life. [A major disappointment to me in my fellow Americans is their commitment to transform a handicap into a total disability. Why not be a star instead?]

In the process we have created a monster showbiz Ham! She will seek us out in the pasture to perform for us. Once here at the ranch we were down at our lake with guests. She could see that there was an audience available. Therefore, she stepped up on an overturned flat bottom boat as her stage and started her show. Apparently unicorns have no inhibitions! She loves show business! We call her "Peaches" at home and she is eight years old.

Come play with our unicorns. (In 2011 Lucy has her Jacks of all trades!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

http://magicvalleymagic.com/

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Wow, Bob, I never knew unicorns were real until I saw the picture you provided at the bottom of you link. Is a Pegasus real too?
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
LOVE those unicorns! I agree, Bob, with the way you transformed her 'disadvantage' into a glorious advantage!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 09:14, Bob Sanders wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 12:35, Cyberqat wrote:

These are registered Quarter Horses. They are white with blue eyes (not albinos!). They are also circus/trick horse trained with their own shows. Nothing surgically has been done to the horses. At showtime they magically have a horn! (It is part of costuming.)

Ah. Okay, that's good!

There is an old side-show trick where you twist a goat's horns and cause them grow intertwined. I don't know the exact details of the procedure and I'm not sure I want to...

Quote:
Interestingly, the first one Star Dancer would have been destroyed due to a hereditary disease (Equine Herda). Her skin is not "stuck" to the rest of her. She cannot be saddled or ridden. Her skin simply rips under any pressure. By being trained as a trick horse we could save her life. [A major disappointment to me in my fellow Americans is their commitment to transform a handicap into a total disability. Why not be a star instead?]

that's great to hear! I'm glad you could find a place for her to be happy and productive!

Quote:
Come play with our unicorns. (In 2011 Lucy has her Jacks of all trades!)

If I am ever both employed and not incredibly busy at the same time I might take you up on that, Bob. I'd love to meet them Smile

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 5:59pm
Some interesting history on the surgical creation of uni-horned goats..

http://www.lair2000.net/Unicorn_Dreams/U......ade.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Using Livestock in Photo Opportunities (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL