The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mobat 2:0 is on the way (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Ted personally showed me how to do a great PK Touch effect with the book (this was not part of the lecture). This offers still another great possibility. I know it's only February, but this is going to be one of the top mentalism tools of the year...until his long awaited and anticipated book hits the community. If that still happens this year he may have the #1 and #2 releases of the year. And yes, I'd be first in line (behind Tony R.) to attend that lecture too!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks.....and he is releasing ANOTHER book or working on one?
Mind over Magic
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Mind over Magic
Decomposed, I do have it and in all honestly, it's better than you could hope for. I have the same feeling carrying around this book as I do my pilot case I use for my shows; powerful and armed.

Sid.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Sid for your honest and candid response.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 23:53, Decomposed wrote:
Thanks.....and he is releasing ANOTHER book or working on one?

Ted has been working on a major compendium of his material (i.e., not just a single book for another book test) for several years. I understand that it MAY be finished in time for publication this year.
Dick Christian
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ohhh thanks Dick, will be on look out.
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
I agree that there are an astonishing number of things you can do with MOAB 2.0, but I don't think it makes sense to use it for more than 1 or 2 things in the same show. You could see at the Tannen's lecture that one could start to think you could do a whole act with MOAB, but that would be unwise.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I can see the ads now "The Swiss Army Knife of Book Tests!"....."Packs light, plays excessive"
Suffice it to say, this is not intended to be a full act in a bag (or book).
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Excellent point, Bill.

To do more than two effects will put heat on the book which is what you don't want. As a matter of fact, on the very first page of the directions, Ted gives a very serious warning against that.

Also, keep in mind that you don't have to do the basic LWP routine. You have so many to choose from and the LEP routine is only ONE of the very strong routines in the MOAB 2.0.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Tony. I would only want it for an option to the LWP (have enough for that already). I heard one performer already used it at the Castle with a non-LWP that went over well.

For stage having it as an option to other MOABTs or BTs would be delight. The AD says can be used for strolling but I would think that would not work as well as some of the other options available.

I know seeing it is a bonus also, not knowing what it looks like before purchase is a bummer but I understand the secrecy.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-21 15:18, Decomposed wrote:
I know seeing it is a bonus also, not knowing what it looks like before purchase is a bummer but I understand the secrecy.

Decomp,

What is it that you feel you need to see? Its physical size is about the same as the paperback version of the original MOAB (i.e., 5.5" x 8.5" x 0.64", 296 pages) with an attractive cover, title, author, text in 13 pt. font, legit ISBN and barcode label, etc. Looks like a legit paperback novel -- exactly what it is supposed to look like. I know you like books you can carry in your pocket -- it's a bit big for that.

Several reviews have now been posted and they are overwhelmingly positive.
Dick Christian
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Dick.....informative.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Very informative!

It now means any audience members who google the Title and Author will be brought to this thread.
Try it and see.

Thanks.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
One question, is the title of the book the same as the original MOABT?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The Title is different.

At Ted's lecture he demonstrated several of the effects contained in the MOAB 2.

The book test is amazing...and in my opinion some of the ploys he taught to obtain the necessary info for the
traditional "test" (the revelation of a thought of word) were fantastic, and well worth the price of the lecture.

The amount of work Ted has put into this book is staggering!

Get it while you can!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-23 22:03, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Very informative!

It now means any audience members who google the Title and Author will be brought to this thread.
Try it and see.

Thanks.

First, the title and author have been removed from my post and this thread. Second, unless you are performing for magicians, mentalists or your friends or family the likelihood that anyone is going to Google the titles of the books used in your performance is something very close to zero.
Dick Christian
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Dick, you have done a great disservice to Ted, to mentalism and to users of the effect.

Yes, you have now removed the Title and Author from your post, but tell that to Google. It remembers what you posted first and hence this thread comes up. You have obviously googled it and know this to be true. To simply say "First, the title and author have been removed from my post and this thread." is simply disingenious. An apology or active action to get the entire thread removed might show you in better light.

Second, I can assure you that people will google the title/author. It will be seen on YouTube clips within days, on trade show stands and carried around restaraunts by narrow minded hacks. Sure, Ted and his team have made great steps to diminish the prominence of the title, many will take the steps to change the cover and of course good performers routine the effect so it's not about the book, but it will happen.

And actually Dick, for your information, I hardly ever perform for friends & family and seldom for magicians or mentalists. Lot of my close friends have never seen me perform anything. Performing is my career and it has been for many years. It saddened me to see what you posted and then again your response when called on it.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-24 16:49, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Dick, you have done a great disservice to Ted, to mentalism and to users of the effect.

Yes, you have now removed the Title and Author from your post, but tell that to Google. It remembers what you posted first and hence this thread comes up. You have obviously googled it and know this to be true. To simply say "First, the title and author have been removed from my post and this thread." is simply disingenious. An apology or active action to get the entire thread removed might show you in better light.

Second, I can assure you that people will google the title/author. It will be seen on YouTube clips within days, on trade show stands and carried around restaraunts by narrow minded hacks. Sure, Ted and his team have made great steps to diminish the prominence of the title, many will take the steps to change the cover and of course good performers routine the effect so it's not about the book, but it will happen.

While what you say is true (when I saw you earlier post I googled the title and author and it did bring up my post); however, I was only able to do so because I knew BOTH the title and author. Googling the title only brings up several pages of links to sites that have nothing to do with MOAB 2.0. Since the title and author have been deleted from my post and this thread I believe that the likelihood that anyone who does not actually have the book will know both its title or the name of the author will have the ability to google it successfully.

Of course, I admit that anyone in the audience when the book is used in performance and bothers to make a note of BOTH the title and author and then google it either during the performance or when they get home can find the thread on the Café; however, I submit that such a situation is so unlikely as to be negligible unless one is performing for magicians, mentalists or friends and family (and nothing in my last post suggested that you were in that category). Even if that situation should occur the only damage done would be that the suspicion that it is a "special" book would be confirmed -- and anyone who would google it would already have assumed as much.

Like you, I am a full time performer and in over 40 years of performing for every imaginable audience I've yet to find anyone googling anything during my shows and seriously doubt that any audience member has bothered to do so after they got home. With the exception of magicians, mentalists, friends, family (and probably teens) normal people are just not that fixated on ferreting out our secrets.

In retrospect I agree that I should not have mentioned the title and author in my post; however, I really believe that you have greatly exaggerated the potential harm done.
Dick Christian
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I had the pleasure of meeting Dick Christian at the Alain Nu lecture last year. He's about as nice a gentleman as you would find anywhere. He's not only a walking encyclopedia of book tests but is extremely generous with his knowledge. Just read some of his 2000 plus posts and you'll find he's one of the most helpful members on this forum. My point is that even though he might have inadvertently done something wrong he deserves our utmost respect. He has been an invaluable resource here at the Café and we are lucky to have him. So please, if he makes a mistake once in 1000 posts it only means he's human. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who don't do anything. And that's certainly not Dick Christian. If you don't agree with his reviews criticize the review. Don't criticize the man.

Sorry, but I just had to get that off my chest.

Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-02-24 01:39, pmc magic wrote:
The Title is different.

At Ted's lecture he demonstrated several of the effects contained in the MOAB 2.

The book test is amazing...and in my opinion some of the ploys he taught to obtain the necessary info for the
traditional "test" (the revelation of a thought of word) were fantastic, and well worth the price of the lecture.

The amount of work Ted has put into this book is staggering!

Get it while you can!

Hey Paul,

Will the lecture notes or the ploys for the necessary info be made available at a later date to 2.0 owners?

Decomp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mobat 2:0 is on the way (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL