The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest's 'DECEPTION' Vol.1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5862 Posts

Profile of motown
Also on the Horizon from Full 52: Dave Forrest's 'DECEPTION' Vol.1

http://www.full52.com/deception.htm

The Trailer for Dave's new offering (to come) is excellent. Very stylish.

The best thing about it is that it's not yet another trailer shot on a street,
using quick cuts of drunken spectators.

I love Dave's work. It's always very creative. Looking forward to getting this one.
Can't wait to see the new gaffs.

And if there's a Volume 1, I'm sure there will be a volume 2.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5862 Posts

Profile of motown
Here's the Contents:

Here's a complete list of what's in store:

ONE MORE THING: The four Kings are lost in the deck and then sudenly produced from four very unexpected places.

ONE: A named card is the only one in the box. Dave opened his Magic Castle act with this effect - a STUNNER!

MATRIX: Four X’s drawn on the back of a signed card magically congregate in one corner, visualy moving one at a time.

PICCALILLI: An incredibly magical sandwich effect with two selected cards!

S.C.T.A: A clever and direct handling of ‘Spectator Cuts the Aces’.

MENTHOLISM: A signed card visualy appears, folded up inside a completely empty Tic-Tac box! You have to see it to believe it - it’s JAW DROPPING!

DALI: A prediction - a drawing of a playing card - suddenly jumps off your business card becoming a real miniature card!

THE SPECTRE: An ingenious gimmick that allows you to produce any card from the card card case.

DISCARDED: A selected card appears between two Aces on the table that shouldn’t even be there! Dave’s handling of a popular John Bannon effect.

PROBLEM SOLVED: This could well be the most direct handling of the Hofzinser Ace Problem ever devised.

R.S.M.S: The Riffle Shufle Multiple Shift allows you to invisibly control a number of cards to the bottom of the deck under cover of a riffle shuffle.

DON’T BLINK: Two variations of an incredibly open and visual colour change. With just a wave of the pack and without cover, one card morphs into another!

PLUS: You'll also learn the incredible 'WHIRLIGIG CONTROL', the 'ROUNADBOUT PRODUCTION' and Dave's 'TILT SUBTLETY'
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Sounds fantastic as most of Mr Forrest's work is - is there a release date yet?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5862 Posts

Profile of motown
At the Blackpool convention.

but, available for pre-order.
– Karl Germain
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
There is some great stuff on this project!

"One" is Dave's most recent version of "Alone" from his "Nevermind" dvd. We reworked the effect via a bunch of emails and streamlined the heck out of it. Dave used it to open his Magic Castle set. I used it as the opening effect at my recent lectures. It's great! But then again, I'm biased.

Dave also shared The Spectre with me a while ago. Absolutely ingenious gimmick. Typical Forrest ingenuity. You guys will love it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 19:36, Cameron Francis wrote:
There is some great stuff on this project!

"One" is Dave's most recent version of "Alone" from his "Nevermind" dvd. We reworked the effect via a bunch of emails and streamlined the heck out of it. Dave used it to open his Magic Castle set. I used it as the opening effect at my recent lectures. It's great! But then again, I'm biased.

Dave also shared The Spectre with me a while ago. Absolutely ingenious gimmick. Typical Forrest ingenuity. You guys will love it.

"Nevermore" lolz..nevermind
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1683 Posts

Profile of JamieD
During the filming sessions of GatheRing and SCARED, Dave shared with me a couple of items from this new DVD. Again, this is a very bias opinion but it is some beautifully crafted magic. His control (the name escapes me but can be seen in the demo) is absolutely gorgeous and is so incredibly deceptive. I've used it ever since seeing it and rate it through and through.

This man is like a computer, he is constantly ahead of the trends and most everything he comes out with is pure gold. Not to mention his glistening white teeth and the was he seems to run in slow motion!... Just me?!

This is gonna be rocking!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4797 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 19:48, JamieD wrote:
During the filming sessions of GatheRing and SCARED, Dave shared with me a couple of items from this new DVD. Again, this is a very bias opinion but it is some beautifully crafted magic. His control (the name escapes me but can be seen in the demo) is absolutely gorgeous and is so incredibly deceptive. I've used it ever since seeing it and rate it through and through.

This man is like a computer, he is constantly ahead of the trends and most everything he comes out with is pure gold. Not to mention his glistening white teeth and the was he seems to run in slow motion!... Just me?!

This is gonna be rocking!

Jamie Daws

Agreed! Dave's stuff is 99.9% of the time spot on! Just great magic. Keep Em Comin Dave!

RNK
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Anyone seen this?
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Its funny you asked, cause I just received mine tday . All I can say is this is yet again great Dave Forrest magic. It really is.

The first one I want towork on is Spectre. Ireally like that one.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
I just wanted to add something else here. I know thsat that Hofsinzer ace fans are going to love the version that's on this dvd. In my opinion, it's the best version I've seen. It's impropmtu but also VERY magical.

Thanks,
James Colonna
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I agree, I got it at Blackpool.
So much GOLD.
Classic Forrest!

Kyle Smile
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Dave gave me a copy in Blackpool -the actual material on the DVD is really good and well structured.
You can't go wrong with anything Mr.Forrest comes up with Smile

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks for the nice comments guys. A few people have said this is the best material I've ever put on DVD...I blush!

Here's a couple of Youtube links so you can see actual performances straight from the DVD of both 'ONE' and 'MENTHOLISM':

'ONE' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wi_6fFG8VI

'MENTHOLISM' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf17ZtZQH3Y

These are the two effects I was demming most at Blackpool. Also, I opened my Magic Castle act in January with 'ONE' to some amazing reactions but there is a lot more stuff on the DVD and it's all totally practical stuff so you'll actually use it instead of watching the DVD once before shelving it!

All the best,

Dave.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all,

Here's a review of Deceptions:

The DVD is very nicely produced, with good quality video, audio, and transition effects.
It all looks very classy and modern.
In addition, the value for money is phenomenal, with 12 brilliant effects and moves, for only £20.00!
Here are some of my highlights:

1. ONE - A stunning mentalism effect, that really plays big. A named card ends up being the ONLY ONE in a box! (And depending on other situations, various twists can also occur).
2. Piccalilli - A really nice sandwich effect, that I really like using. Very fun and commercial!
3. Spectre - A no palm card to box, that is so clean, and the gimmick is very very ingenious indeed!
4. Problem Solved - A commercial and clean Hofzinser Ace problem themed trick. Probably the most streamlined one out there!
5. Whirligig control - This is an extra on the DVD, explained in one of the tricks. I find it a very fun and fooling control, but some will love it, and some will hate it!

So overall, a well produced DVD packed with lots of commercial tricks and moves, all for a great price.
Recommended.

You can buy it here: http://www.full52.com/deception.htm

Best wishes,

Kyle
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, this is great. Kind of surprised more people aren't talking about it. If you guys liked Trickery, you will love this. Clever, clever material.
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
Yep, this is Dave Forrest at his creative best. Lots of effects here that I will use. And totally agree with Motown....can't wait for volume 2!
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
684 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I too really enjoyed this DVD. This is probably my favourite Dave Forest DVD since The Trickery and that is saying something!

All the effects are good, but some of my favourites are: Spectre, which is a diabolical gimmick which can be used to create absolute miracles, Problem Solved which is my favourite handling of the Hofzinser Ace problem to date, and One More Thing is a fantastic version of Richard Sanders' King Thing!

Plus, I LOVE the Whirligig control!

Highly Recommended!

Iain.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
I agree completely Iain, I've just watched it and it's got some great stuff on there, I can't wait to start using some of this stuff.

Well done Dave, cracking stuff mate!
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Awsome DVD Dave,

I love it. As soon as I saw the first effect I knew what to expect from this project. As with all your work great commercial material well put together routines and some great new controls (loving the Whirligig)

Everyone will find something they can use on here.

Great stuff as always and one of the best DVD's I have seen to date.

TOP NOTCH.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest's 'DECEPTION' Vol.1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL