The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest's 'DECEPTION' Vol.1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Bring on volume 2 !!!!!!!
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1046 Posts

Profile of John Carey
I give this an 8 out of 10. Practical, well routined magic, with something for every skill level. The ONE routine had me laughing out loud. Verrrrry cheeky and a great performance piece.
Well done David on an excellent dvd.

John
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for saying nice stuff n'that!

To anyone who's interested you can download two free effects and explanations from 'Deception'. These were two effects that were supposed to be included in the project but, due to having no room left on the disk, they ended up on the cutting room floor! But, I've saved them and they can now be downloaded by anyone who might like to see them, free of charge - just visit the website and head to the 'Deception' page...

And, I'm currently offering free shipping site-wide for a limited time. Just use discount code: 'freeship' at checkout!

Thanks again everyone - all the best!

Dave.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
There's only one thing better than Forrest - FREE FORREST!

Just watched the performances, not sure I'll perform boxer but Mr.E is a great little trick and I can see myself performing it as it's a simple go to trick that I can see giving laypeople a big headache.
And what's better than giving a layperson a headache? Um.....I don't have a witty answer to that at the moment.

Thanks Dave - I will be purchasing Deception Vol 1 as soon as I have money!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I'm just watching this now but just wanted to say..........The Spectre is worth the price of the DVD alone. Dave, you could have quite easily sold this as a one trick DVD, it's ingenious!!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I thought he was going to sell it as a one trick dvd! Smile Amazed he put it on this collection as it could have easily been marketed on its own.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
If the two free effects that Dave is offering is any indication of how awesome the dvd set is...then this set will rock.

I rarely buy new dvd's but I will be getting this soon.

The whirligig control looks like it would kick as hard as Chuck Norris.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Just ordered it.
WHERE IS IT?................What do you mean I have to wait for it to be delivered? That's ridiculous!

I'm a little bit excited about getting this.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on Dave Forrest's new DVD Deception.
bought it on the 18th (as you'll see above) and received it yesterday, 23rd.
First impressions are very good, production value, artwork and general feel for the DVD are all top draw.
I'd like to say that all of the material is terrible and not worth buying so that no-one else buys it but unfortunately that would be a categorical lie.

As a regular worker and performer of card tricks when I buy a DVD I'm usually happy with a DVD if there's 2 tricks I can take from it and add to my repertoire.
With Deception I can honestly that I can see myself using every trick on this DVD as all of it is solid, hard hitting, streamlined and easy to perform.
The couple of tricks involving gimmicks maybe slightly harder to slip in to a working routine but the effects using the gimmicks are SO strong that I will find a way.

The teaching is thorough without being patronising and with every trick bar one once I had watched the explanation once I could remember the handling already.
Can't wait to get out and perform some of these effects.

Congratulations Dave on a top notch DVD, can't wait for Volume 2!

Regards,
Chris Piercy
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Specter should have been a one trick dvd. All the effects on here are kickass. now one back routine on there imho
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Couldn't agree more Alan, Spectre is an absolute killer and could clearly have filled an entire DVD with jawdropping material but Dave has generously given the principle so to buyers of Deception to let their imaginations run wild with and I'm not going to argue about it! haha.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
The one routine that caught me off guard was one of the free effects, that was left off the dvd. The mystery card trick. I want to use that one.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Haven't ordered the dvd yet, but yes Mr. E (Mystery) Smile is just fantastic. I haven't stopped playing with this since watching.
Great stuff Dave!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi,

Thanks to all of you for saying more nice stuff!

Interesting point about 'Mr.E'. The method behind this was a nugget of an idea that I came up with years ago. I showed it to Cameron Francis and we both started exploring the possibilities but we both agreed in the end that anything we developed at the time was just way too complicated. I think we both laboured under the misapprehension that the core deception was too weak to stand on its own. So, we tried to disguise it under a load of fluff - that's what you call thinking like a magician! As it turns out, the deception actually benefits from being untouched. It's clarity that makes this trick effective and that's what we completely lost sight of.

Incidentally, I really like the title too - 'Mr'E'. Sounds like 'Mystery' while also being a tribute to the man who created the move around which the whole deception is built!

Was that interesting? Hope so...

Anyway, do remember that there is currently free shipping at the website. Use code 'freeship'.

And, you can also get 10% off this DVD by using the code: 'newtenoff'

You can input both codes and enjoy both discounts! Just put one code in and hit 'update cart' then put the other code in and hit 'update cart' - easy! When you use both discounts it adds up to pretty healthy saving!

All the best,

Dave.
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
158 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 04:55, Dave Forrest wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all of you for saying more nice stuff!

Interesting point about 'Mr.E'. The method behind this was a nugget of an idea that I came up with years ago. I showed it to Cameron Francis and we both started exploring the possibilities but we both agreed in the end that anything we developed at the time was just way too complicated. I think we both laboured under the misapprehension that the core deception was too weak to stand on its own. So, we tried to disguise it under a load of fluff - that's what you call thinking like a magician! As it turns out, the deception actually benefits from being untouched. It's clarity that makes this trick effective and that's what we completely lost sight of.

Incidentally, I really like the title too - 'Mr'E'. Sounds like 'Mystery' while also being a tribute to the man who created the move around which the whole deception is built!

Was that interesting? Hope so...

Anyway, do remember that there is currently free shipping at the website. Use code 'freeship'.

And, you can also get 10% off this DVD by using the code: 'newtenoff'

You can input both codes and enjoy both discounts! Just put one code in and hit 'update cart' then put the other code in and hit 'update cart' - easy! When you use both discounts it adds up to pretty healthy saving!

All the best,

Dave.

Oh no I just ordered this before seeing Dave's post about the discounts. Darn my luck.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Sevenup,

I've just refunded what you overpaid by PayPal.

Thanks for the order.

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well said, Dave. I think we both fell into that "magician's magic" trap that we all fall into occasionally. I love that you took the original concept and went back to basics with it. It's just direct and awesome now.
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
158 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 10:14, Dave Forrest wrote:
Sevenup,

I've just refunded what you overpaid by PayPal.

Thanks for the order.

Dave.

Wow, I didn't expect that Dave. I'm looking forward to this greatly.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I agree with everything that has been said so far.

Spectre is awesome and opens the door for so many effects.

Dave's handling of the Hofzinser Ace plot is so clean and super simple.

His work on the multiple shift puts it into the hands of anyone almost immediately.

Whirligig control is just awesome. Period.

So many great effects and ideas on here...as I watched, all I could think about was wanting to see a second volume!

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1409 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Watched this last night while waiting for a gig to start. Excellent DVD David. Bravo!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest's 'DECEPTION' Vol.1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL