The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception coin set. By Bob Swadling & Mark Mason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Just wondering if any one has ordered the new
Generation f.....r/ set,=NGF put out by Bob Swadling and Mark Msaon?
And what are tour thoughts on it.
I have just received my walking liberty set and love it.
The coins that came with the set have been Fitted beautifully
And have been working flawlessy I must say that I was a bit skeptical at the price for somethong that I already had from another Great craftsman ( no names) But I am very happy with the High standards that
Bob Swadling and Mark Mason have put into this set. Very smooth and have a nice
Feel and YES I have tried to break it (Fl....r--NGF) and it is very strong with no sighns
of letting go any time soon.
The set comes with a few extras that can be seen at Mark Masons website
Thanks
Sal
PS: Hope some others have some Ideas on routines with this set
Read there was a thread on just this but I cannot
Find it through then search -- Any help on where it might be would be great.
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Thread is here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37

It's in the secret sessions forum, which you need 50+ posts to see. So that may have caused you problems, since you only recently reached that mark.
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Mavericklancer
Thanks just what I was looking for,didn't See it before, maybe it popped up after 50 ??
chazk
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of chazk
Are all edges that show on the NGF milled?
How much noise does it make when it closes?
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Anymore info from folks that have the set?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I don't recall much more coming up here about the set, other than the linked topic (above). If you haven't already, might do a search within this topic for individual references to it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have the ngf by mark mason and
bob swaldling.very nice indeed.
I had quit using flippers because
the constant upkeep on them.and
sometimes going bad during a
performence.but the ngf solved all
that for me.and the quick fix if
it ever breaks.is great too.but I
have yet to break it.
todd
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I love my set. Very well made and flipper being nearly unbreakable was a great selling point. The pocket gimmick that comes with the set is a great touch. Allows you to reach in pocket and immediately come out ready to produce three coins.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 12:52, bowers wrote:
I have the ngf by mark mason and
bob swaldling.very nice indeed.
I had quit using flippers because
the constant upkeep on them.and
sometimes going bad during a
performence.but the ngf solved all
that for me.and the quick fix if
it ever breaks.is great too.but I
have yet to break it.
todd

Ditto.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
At blackpool I asked Mark Mason if he could supply coins with a milled edge. He stated that Bob Swadling could do it at an additional cost. He mention 20 pounds or something extra 9 don't quote me on the price) to provide the milling. Might be worth getting in touch with Mark or Bob
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Do they only do this in £2 in the uk?
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I too stayed away from the flippers because of the upkeep and unreliability. I have the US half set and it works great. Worth the investment. All you need to do is choose your favorite coins.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
JD_UK, different coin types are available including half dollar and Morgan Dollar as well as the UK £2 coins.

I just bought the £2 set at FISM and am very happy with it.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Ithink my triception set is awesome, as far as milled edges I inquired and they told me they would remill cions I supply for $12 ea
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
175 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
I got the triception set. But I haven't still good practice yet. I guess the coins can give some more than only do the 'triception trick'. I will really practice ... because I guess it is worth! I want to see the reactions from people if the magic happend.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The magic will happen - keep practicing and remember there are countless routines you can do besides the couple on the DVD. check out Craig Petty flipped out - its 9 routines with the fl#%$$&r and destroyers by Joshua Jay - Troy Hoosers work with [/ coin and silver surfer 2 by same - more that in destroyers. and you can use the [ with a regular coin for all kinds of stuff.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
175 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
I specially bought Craigs dvd Flip out. There are very Nice routines showing! Now for me the job to learn them. Maybe you regonize But I haven't still learn them because I do some other tricks. I know... My stupid fault! :-S
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
I got in ouch ith Mark Mason afew mo ths ago about remilling the fl***er but he told me that they don't do it and never have ofeeref the [/ as remilled
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
175 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
I know a dutch magician he bought Marks' fl@@@@@coin in morgan. Cost:€300! After a while he want more. He have special soft (remilleerd) coins and similiar like triception. He have let it made by Auke van Dokkum. Now he is very happy of course with wonderfull and very good kwality. I don't have to tell he have a lot more than €300 paid. And he can always use his coin by his coin set. Actually a smart move of him!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception coin set. By Bob Swadling & Mark Mason (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL