The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » That little mime mask... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc Christopher
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
31 Posts

Profile of Marc Christopher
Hi all,

I recently stumbled across the book "The Superlative Magic of Troy Hooser" by Joshua Jay and become interested in trying that routine with the little mime mask... Unfortunately, try as I might, I have been unable to get hold of such a mask.

Can anyone help me with this? Does anyone happen to know a supplier for those little masks?

Thanks in advance,
best,
Marc
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
I have been searching curiosity stores, crafts stores far and wide looking for this...let me know if anyone finds such an item! I actually was going to make one out of balsa wood and then I realized I'm not crafty like that...haha
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Try searching for Mardi Gras fridge magnets. that's how I found the ones I used to have.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Great idea. Thanks Eric!

Mark.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Years ago I was one of the editing consultants for the first Hooser book, DesTROYers, and also provided original moves that came too late to make the printing, but were later included in the Hooser DVD set [based on that book]. Some time after that Troy sent me his personal set of masks and I created a multiple cavity mold and secondary operation tooling for producing finished sets of those little guys.

Unfortunately the hand painting of the masks was just too time consuming to make the product fit a price point people were willing to pay, so the mold & tooling went onto a shelf in my studio where they remain to this day. The few sets I did make are cool, though...

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Marc Christopher
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
31 Posts

Profile of Marc Christopher
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 14:24, Eric Jones wrote:
Try searching for Mardi Gras fridge magnets. that's how I found the ones I used to have.

That's an amazing idea, Eric. Following your suggestion, I think I already found something that could be suitable...

Thank you so much! Your help is much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » That little mime mask... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL