The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New to hypnosis, my instructional journey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2011-03-08 17:55, Shrubsole wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 00:52, Chris Meece wrote:
Let me retry that link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GIbABwDB8

WOW! Love that accent! (Seriouly not taking the P, I just love accents!)

A very warm and friendly accent and approach.

Accent?!?! I have no accent. You britts think you invented the English language or something. Smile

I thought I was suppressing my accent in that video. I am a huge fan of accents as well. I can't wait till I make it to your isle someday .. I'll just sit on a bench and listen for hours.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Tuesday night results: The marine named Jenny from last week brought his mom and grandmother by to watch classes last night. Afterwards he told me they would like to see some hypnosis. His mom allowed me to hypnotize her. I hypnotized the marine as well to keep an ace up my sleeve. I did the usual set pieces and one again couldn't get the dang hand to stay stuck to her head. It may be my wording or tone I use when I ask them to test it. I say 'Can you pull your hand from your head?' It may be heard as if I am asking them to do that and not that I am asking them if they can do that. I put her back under and worked on the marine. This time I totally took away his ability to count. When we tested it I had 36 fingers ... which I agreed with. And he had 18. I put him back under and worked on his mom. After a couple more pieces I stuck her there so she could watch her son. As I was working on him I noticed out of the corner of my eye she was struggling to move her feet. She laughed and said 'I can't move my feet.' I smiled/smirked and said 'Of course not .. I told you you wouldn't be able to.' Very nice moment. I turned back to the marine and gave my best suggestion to date. When he opened his eyes I would be invisible. Guess what ... he opened his eyes and I WAS INVISIBLE!!!! I moved in his field of vision and saw no recognition. Then I picked up some items in the room and watched in amazement as he believed they were floating. He kept asking his cousin what she was doing to make it do that. I followed with some unseen touches to his shoulders.

What an amazing high. I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around this.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I´m turning green with envy Chris - Well done on becoming invisible!!!!
About your wording when asking them about the hand stuck to head - how about not asking them if they can, but rather challenging them with the words "Try to pull your hand off your head" - the word try implies failure. If they stop to analyze your question, they´ll probably realize that they can in fact pull their hand free.

You´re making me want to be very bold and ballsy on friday night!
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-09 16:57, Chris Meece wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-08 17:55, Shrubsole wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 00:52, Chris Meece wrote:
Let me retry that link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GIbABwDB8

WOW! Love that accent! (Seriously not taking the P, I just love accents!)

A very warm and friendly accent and approach.

Accent?!?! I have no accent. You britts think you invented the English language or something. Smile

I thought I was suppressing my accent in that video. I am a huge fan of accents as well. I can't wait till I make it to your isle someday .. I'll just sit on a bench and listen for hours.

I do hope you are a man who can cope with major disappointment when you get here then! Smile

We do have accents, different ones like you have over there. It's just that none of them sound like Dick Van Dike!

There is a nice light southern drawl to yours, not hard as nails like a New York accent. Then there is that Shelby Stanga on Ax men from New Orleans who we need subtitles to understand a single word.

Your's is a warm and friendly one which will come in handy when presenting yourself to strangers to hand over their brains to you.

As for the hypnosis, yes I think your next step is control of a group (or two) where you can leave one happily 'in trace' whilst you work on the other. It's just audience management with hopefully more responsive people. The hand on the shoulder is a must for isolating people and not confusing others.

Just remember in your excitement not the forget about the other one and walk off leaving a zombie. Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
'Can you pull your hand from your head?'

I find TELLING people what is what and what they will do works best for me. "Your hand WILL be stuck to your head and the more you try, the stronger it will stick... the more you try, you will find that it just sticks more and more" - That's telling them what to do and what the outcome WILL BE. If they take that suggestion correctly they will do exactly what you have said. They can 'try' and you have told them what will happen when they do.

It's sort of like people need the full instructions of what to do and what the outcome and reaction WILL BE - We can't have them making their own minds up now can we? Smile

Leave it vague when you want them to be creative (within the safe limits you have already set up - Edge of stage - walking into roads - assaulting people - getting naked, etc.) But when you want them to do something tell them what to do and what the result will be. Also tell them what their emotional reaction will be and make it a positive one rather then leaving it up to them. Some people can freak out when things start floating around the room or find out that their mother named them Jenny! Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 19:41, Chris Meece wrote:
I would love to have a critique of my initial approach and introduction. I posted a private video on youtube. I apologize for the darkness, I filmed this as soon as I got home and the sun was setting. I am going to be approaching complete strangers this weekend and hypnotizing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqbP57qlQ-0

Textbook approach. Well done. Just personalise it to the group and bounce off of what you observe. Throughout this sequence you already have opportunities to begin to break into the groups and individuals personal space, a gesture here, eye contact, touch and the odd hand shake and name check. Observe those who already are hooked into you and keep their attention. Look for any signs of people responding even to the idea of getting hypnotised. Excitement, fear and or fascination will do.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Thank you very much for your review Anthony. I am becoming more and more comfortable with my approaches and all the set pieces. I have the itch to hypnotize everyone I encounter now.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Week 5 results:

I did not have the chance to hypnotize anyone this weekend. UK (University of Kentucky, my alma mater) was playing in the SEC tournament and anywhere I would have gone would have been void of people.

Tuesday, I did manage to hypnotize 4 people after class. I once again used Chad and Danielle from previous weeks. I also added Marc and Hillary who had never been hypnotized before. I managed to video this one and may post it later with their permission; the sound is a little rough in some portions.

Before working with the group I asked Chad if he was currently hypnotized. He said “No.” I then placed his hand on top of his head and said “If I stick your hand on top of your head do you think you could remove it?” He said he didn’t know. I told him to go ahead and try it. He was unable to. I have my first case of ‘perminosis.’

Hillary only went through the initial set pieces since she said she would prefer to watch, only. I told her I would let her get a feel for it by trying these and would not ‘fully go into hypnosis.’ I did magnetic fingers/magnetic hands/eye lock/card lock and then excused her to the side.

I let the other two watch as I worked with Marc. I now see the value in telling the participants how they will react to the phenomena. I did a hand stick to his forehead, feet stick, tongue stuck out, and number amnesia. He was very stoic in his reactions. When asked how it felt he simply said ‘strange.’ In the future I will remember to state how they will react to these phenomena. It would have made for a poor show had he been the only one I hypnotized.

I decided to try some new things with Danielle. I induced her with the practice handshake. She was almost under with the first practice but I stopped it by saying .. but not yet. On the second time I let her fully go under. I told her that numbers would be meaningless to her, that if she tried to count she may say ‘5, 1, B, G, Car, Snorkel…’ She took this suggestion well, starting with random numbers and ending with my last two fingers being House and Pickle. I then gave her the suggestion that whenever I said the word ‘Well’ that she would tell me to ‘Shut up’ and immediately feel very embarrassed about this. I woke her up and said “I am going to work on Chad now … you’ve done very well…” I was immediately told to shut up and she clamped her hands on her mouth and bent forward. I asked Chad if she was feeling well which resulted in another admonition and she almost ran off at this point. I put her back under and removed the suggestion.

With Chad I gave the suggestion that anytime Danielle snapped her fingers she would turn invisible. Anytime she said the word ‘Boo’ she would reappear. I was initially going to have a second snap make her reappear but questioned if that would be confusing having the same action bring two different effects. Danielle used this opportunity to sneak up on him and yell Boo, startling him. The second time this happened I removed the suggestion. I finished with Chad having the suggestion that his elbow smelled of rancid meat.

I cleaned up with a formal wakeup and a PHS that the material they were learning in class would come naturally to them. They will recall the forms with near photographic memory. I am curious to see how this suggestion will manifest itself in their practice.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Sounds great!
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Did Chad's elbow smelled of rancid meat? What was the reaction to that?

It would be great to see a video of the whole thing.

You seem to be getting and building a whole range of phenomena now, well done! Pick 'n' mix as you like.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Do you ever just get the itch to hypnotize someone. A strange innate feeling that someone around you needs to be stuck to either themselves or an inanimate object? Well, that is the curse you all have infected me with.

So here I sit at my job and a coworker came by and said he had trouble focusing. I asked him if he would like to see a little trick that will help him with his focus. I then proceeded to do magnetic fingers>magnetic hands>eye lock>card lock. I was meaning to stop at each one but couldn't help from going further. I was dying to do more but I declined since we are at work. I told him we will take it further sometime in the future.

Now I have this hypno itch that needs to be scratched. My girlfriend and I are going out for BBQ tonight so I have the sneaky suspicion that someone may be renamed Jenny tonight....
simquad
View Profile
New user
York
65 Posts

Profile of simquad
Ermintrude the Cow has made a few appearances for me, it is most funny and gives good lateral.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Video footage:

I've decided to post the footage I took a few weeks ago. There are 4 clips and they are mostly uncut. My digital camera can only record 8 minutes at a time. The sound is a little rough in places. The first two clips are with people I had never hypnotized. The last two clips are of people I had previously hypnotized, including some somnambulism.

These videos are unlisted and can't be searched. I don't want anyone trying to use what I am doing as instruction.

Initial set pieces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebECKymC5kw
Marc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymrFXqPHaYc
Danielle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVHy87Xgn1k
Chad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dwB_4cCpwI
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Now that was a lot of fun to watch. Your a natural for this!! I really look forward to your posts it helps me alot. My thought is that these students already have a profound respect for you which I'm sure is quite helpful. Please tell your students I said a big "THANK YOU" for allowing you to share this with us. It really is helpful to guys like myself who are trying to learn all nuances. I "Thank You" too!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Thank you Randy. We are always more critical of ourselves when we hear a recording or see a video. However it is a great way to identify what needs to be worked on.

One of the things I observed wasn't hypnosis related at all. I have been slacking in my P90X workouts, well the meal planning portion. Seeing myself on this video has lit a fire under me to lose the last 20 lbs I am shooting for.

Since this video was taken I was able to get visual hallucinations from Danielle as well. I suggested that I was invisible and it took fully. I was floating objects around the room. After watching Jonathan Chase's show I also added the suggestion that when she woke up she would be our official elbow checker. She walked around and made sure everyone's elbow bent while I continued to work on a new subject. She even interrupted me to check my elbow.

My new subject that night was a parent of one of my students. Her daughter came to me and said her mom wanted to be hypnotized. She did very well. We were able to do a number amnesia, various body locking/sticking, and I even changed her name to Jehoshaphat.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Tons of fun Chris, really enjoying your work. Keep it coming.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Chris,

I sure hope you don't mind me sharing on your post what I accomplished this evening..... I actually DID IT!!! Your posts here and the vids gave me the confidence to try and just on a spur of the moment I asked my 17 yr old daughter if she wanted to participate in something really cool. I actually did not want to try this on family or friends as I know that is very difficult, however I viewed a vid on Youtube by I believe James Tripp who gave suggestions when dealing with family and decided to try.

I was able to accomplish Magnetic Fingers, followed by Magnetic Palms and into what I believe was an induction. My first suggestion was sticking her hand to her head and proceeded with testing it. She could not remove her hand from her head. It was hilarious, I then tried an amnesia of the number 3 but didn't receive the result I had hoped for. I did notice I stumbled with words as even though I thought I had my patter memorized I found it difficult to remember all the nuances I learned from Anthony Jacquin. I then ended with a proper wakeup. I then discussed it with her shortly after and she didn't remember her hand being stuck but did say to me "Dad, did you say something about the number 3?" I asked "why do you ask" she replied "I don't know , I thought you said something about the number 3 cause it's in my head and she laughed. I asked her how did it feel and she could only describe it by saying "I don't know, It was weird". LOL, So I guess I accomplished something on first attempt. I now know I need to continue practicing my lines and remember to keep talking to make it flow flawlessly... Thanks Anthony Jacquin for putting out such great products and THANK YOU Chris for helping me to get the confidence to try.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Randy,

I knew it! I knew you were on the verge of a breakthrough through our conversations here and PMs. That is so awesome. They just get easier from here. Once I had my first they allowed me to practice on them on a few different occasions. I have a big ol grin on my face from reading your post. You have the hypno itch now!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Week 6 results:

What a weekend for hypnosis! I spent the weekend in Gatlinburg Tn; we had taken our youth from the church down there for the weekend. Saturday night I did a few different sessions with some of the teenagers. I didn’t do any trance inductions but did several initial set pieces. I had a few different groups come sit with me individually as I was hanging out in the dining room of the chalet we rented. They would wander up and I asked them if they wanted to see something cool. The hardest was my cousin. I tried a hand lock to table using the techniques from hypnosis without trance. He kept looking up at me and talking through the whole thing. His hand did stick but it didn’t stay stuck. The two other hand sticks I attempted were full on. I also did a little magic with each as well. I was playing with my brass Supersight by Rob Stiff I had bought earlier that day. It probably isn’t the type of effect I would carry around with me but I really enjoyed the method and had fun playing with the premise that I was influencing their suggestions with my patter.

The next day my girlfriend and I were in the Magic and Novelty Outlet in the Mountain Mall in downtown Gatlinburg. I was talking with the guy behind the counter and he asked if I did magic. I told him yes and hypnosis as well. Beside me there was a group of 10 teenagers and one of them overheard this and asked me to show them something. I told him it would be rude for me to perform in this guy’s shop. I was given permission to do so, and so I did. Halfway through the demonstration the guy behind the counter asked if I minded if he took pictures, of course I didn’t.

I am used to only a few from the group volunteering to participate. With this group, everyone wanted to play a part. Magnetic fingers and hands went very fast with them. Next I did a heavy/light hand piece and had drastic results across the board. I borrowed some cards from the shop and did a card lock with the entire group. No one could drop their card. When I released them with a snap there was a nice snowfall effect as 10 cards fell to the ground. There was not enough room in the shop to manage 10 people in a full trance so I singled out three. I did full trance inductions with these. I did a three shake handshake induction with one of them. He was chattering a little bit while I was explaining what would happen but it was a nervous/excited chatter about what was about to happen to him. I wasn’t sure if he would go under at this point but I proceeded. After I described what would happen I did the first shake and he started blinking and said “oh crap.” The second shake really had him blinking and this caused him to smile and he repeated ‘oh crap’ over and over. On the third shake he went out, neck completely limp. I stuck him to the ground and challenged him with some money on the ground that he couldn’t retrieve. I also did a hand rise/forehead stick with these three and they were pretty chatty leading up to it as well. The hands did rise more quickly than my earlier attempts a few weeks ago. All three could not remove their hands when I asked them to. I finished with a formal wakeup and we went on our way.

My girlfriend snapped several pictures on my iPhone during this and I have them posted here. https://picasaweb.google.com/11218084070......rectlink
She teased me that my head was going to get bigger since there were people standing in the background taking pictures as well. No worries, I’ll end up running into some subject next week who will challenge me with “Come on hypno-boy let’s see what you’ve got,” and that will bring me back down to reality.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Been a while since I've posted because the stories are becoming the same. I'll post from time to time when something new happens.

Here is a short clip of my student Chad being induced through catching a rubber knife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYnB2W3w68
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New to hypnosis, my instructional journey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL