The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Honors for Mr. Higley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
What this really is, is two guys, a country apart living up to to getting the job done like it should be done...no excuses, no bonehead mis-steps...just an idea expressed over the phone and a 'lets do it!' About a day (just one day!) after we talked about it, Jimmy had some dealers lined up and it was on. Vrooom!

My dad's favorite line was '**** or get off the pot'...ya know? That's what's wrong in much of today...COMMITTEE Thinking. Got a good idea DO IT. What's really rare to me is finding somebody like Jimmy who will hold up their end and full speed ahead. The old Napoleanic slogan comes to mind mixed with Larry The Cable Guy... 'Damn The Defiant! Git 'er done!"

The next step was having somebody else believe in me and recommend to Ripley's that I was an Oddity enough. Smile I won't mention her name but she knows how special she is to me as a true 100% good egg and friend.
Next step was sitting around ...for over a month filled with anxiety yet secure that Ripley's would treat me well and that my legasy was safe in the hands of a GREAT cartoonist, John Anthony Graziano. (What a super job he did!!) Next up is inclusion in the Ripley's hard cover annual due out in September and one more important 'thing' being worked on.

The annual will also cover the Royal Tour and appearance at Buckingham Palace etc. That story is also amazing and once again due to another person who backed up their talk with outstanding 'get 'er done' tennacity and talent. That would be Ken Dean aka 'Kondini' You can see part of that story at http://history.grindshow.com/

So there ya go. **** just doesn't 'happen' in all cases. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'll be at Ripley's Hollywood Odditorium on Saturday during the Sword Swallow event and where one of my Mermaids is now on display. Smile
See some of you there I hope!
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Doug, I hope to see you tomorrow!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Doug, it was great hanging out with you and your wife today in Hollywood. Your display at Ripley's museum is magnificent!!! Congratulations again!!! Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Todd! You and your beautiful family sure are a class act. Glad to finally meet you and yours. What nice people!!!

See ya again soon. Smile

What a great day!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Welcome to the club!!!!!

I wonder who else on the Café is in?
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Todd Ray or T-Ray here on the Café.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Jamie! The ONLY club I'd want to be a member of! (and the only one that would have me) Smile

It was so cool to see the Zibit on display there! Meeting all the great performers was icing on the cake during Sword Swalowers day. (even Brett.)
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Doug, thanks to seeing that FB post, I received the following today...

Hurrah! Now in color!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep. Smile John's a good guy...as is Andrea. That's some special coloration too!!! More advanced than the tytpical newspaper output. Congratz!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Wow, Jamie! The drawing looks just like you!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Honors for Mr. Higley (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL