The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Only in the Uk. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
From today till Sunday,it's "National eating disorder awareness week."......It's also "National chip week."
Expert planning.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Let the brain chips fall where they may.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That's kinda cool actually...

One can make money from the other. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Surely chips are part of a balanced diet?

I have a friend who went to the U.K. some years back pining for chips and mushy peas (he'd read / heard about the combination, I guess, and was eager to try them) but could never find a place that served them. Have they lost their taste, are people onto another flavour?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Mushy peas are I think mostly to be found in central to north / eastern England. I've had them in Scotland, but only in a Harry Ramsden chip shop, which is a franchise, and as such is really a colonial outpost of Yorkshire.

There is a story about Labour politician and friend to the rich Peter Mandelson, who was member of parliament for Hartlepool, in the north-east of England, a working class town (whose most famous son is perhaps the cartoon character Andy Capp, for which we should all be thankful to the town). Anyway, the story goes that on his first visit to Hartlepool to try to sell himself as a man of the people, Mandelson went into a chip shop, and saw some mushy peas. He ordered his fish and chips, and said "And I'll have some of the avocado dip too please."

I've seen the story being denied, but it's one of those stories that even if not true, should be.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Last time I was in London, finding fish and chips was about as likely as finding a restaurant that would serve you ice water. It's a thing of the past there from what I can see. I miss the whole dirty newspaper thing. But maybe a Londoner can tell us if there are any hidden pockets of fish and chips goodness left?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Lol. That's a good one.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Only in the Uk. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL