The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My Hypnosis Stage Show online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
212 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Hey Giovani.

Your opinion is interesting. I've had several sales of the dvd even though the full thing is on line and have sold several trainings and learn stage hypnosis dvds on the strength of it already So while I can see your point my experience tells me that for me at least it is a very good move.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The difference really is - if you are performing or selling the skills to perform. Since most now make money from teaching stage hypnosis then they don't really care.

What those that buy trainings don't realise that the very marketing of stage hypnosis this way reduces the value of what they are buying.

Stage hypnosis is no longer special and that is reflected in the number of bookings being made and the low fees.

The truth is Jon doesn't care about the market for shows because he no longer akes his money there. In the old days when you could earn 4 or 5 k for two our show and a hypnotist was a rare person hardly anyone was teaching because the "secrets" were more valuable.

To me personally its a form of prostitution. When you start to see courses being marketed like this it is a sure sign that its time to either join in and sell courses or get out of the business.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
212 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Hey MP I am not using it to market. I put it up there because I want loads of people to see it cause it's good. You have no idea what my motives are. They certainly are not to discourage people going to see shows, just had a call off a guy asking if they would get Exactly this show for his event...

I just got fed up of people only putting bits up. You know you can download loads of stuff off the internet now, in fact this show has been available since I put it on the dvd on Bitstrem, six weeks form it going on the shelves to 4mill download points, so many people already have it. Paul Mckenna did six weeks on the box and filled every house he did for 5 year, don't tell me people get put off by seeing a *** good show. I think showing some hypnosis done n terrible pub style venues with bad sound, lighting and bloody awful production is what puts people off.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ok Jon I believe you. No point in arguing.

I didn't mean people got put off by seeing a good show. I know you don't agree with me but the more in the market the less value. The MORE people see the less special it becomes. the MORE people doing it the less perception of value etc. But that's my opinion. I might be talking through my hole.

But I guess we just see things differently.

Whatever
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
MP, are you just lamenting the fact that many more people than just you currently know 'the secret'?

You seem to be saying that your fees and the interest in your shows have dropped off.

Consequently you blame hypnosis trainers instead of your own marketing.

Excellent.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My Hypnosis Stage Show online (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL