The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Scripting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
If you live in Arizona, particularly within the Phoenix area, I have an announcement that may be of interest to you.

Aside from my career as a mentalist and magician, I have been writing for network television for the past 15 years. Having served as David Letterman's head monologue writer from 1996-2001, I have also written for "The Tonight Show", and other late night comedy/variety programs.

In addition to my writing career, I performed professionally around the world as a stand-up comic from 1980-1996, have worked alongside Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Ray Romano, Mac King, Gerry McCambridge and countless others. My writing partner, Jeff Schimmel, has sold screenplays to Dreamworks and other major studios, and has also written for numerous television shows, such as "In Living Color".

Why do I bring this up? Well, next weekend, the 26th and 27th of February, we are conducting a two-day intensive writing seminar in Phoenix. Although the seminar will also cover screenwriting, television writing, and stand-up comedy, any performer in the magical arts who is interested in creating the tightest, strongest, most memorable script possible for their own act, will benefit immeasurably from this workshop. Every performer MUST know the ins and outs of character building, story arc, pacing, joke writing, and equally as important, what NOT to do on stage, if they are to succeed at the highest level. All the greatest magicians and mentalists are masters in the areas I just mentioned.

Seminars such as ours usually run many hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars, and unfortunately, are most often taught by those who don't actually WORK in the industry- those who haven't made their LIVING by DOING, rather than teaching.

In the interest of making this accessible to our fellow-performers, to offer them not only an intensive "how-to" seminar by working professionals, but to also share industry tips; the "do's and don'ts" that no one else will teach you, Jeff Schimmel and I are offering the seminar for only $195. For the price of a night out to dinner and the theater, you will take away knowledge that will serve you for a lifetime.

If you want to hone your act until it's razor-sharp, further your career and achieve the highest level of success, this class is a must. I bring not only 30 years of professional scripting experience to the table, but a lifetime's knowledge of magic and mentalism, as well. You won't find another teacher out there with that kind of combined experience in all the aforementioned areas.

For more information, go to beahollywoodwriter.com

Invest in yourself.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sounds like a great deal Gabe. Wish I was closer and had the time!

Decomposed
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Wish I would have seen this a little sooner....

Can you put me on the notification list for the next time you offer the program?? Looks like a great learning opportunity.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
There are so many BS workshops, seminars, confrences, and lectures being put on these days it is great news to read about this one, which is just the kind of subject matter that would interest me. Too bad I live so far away, and it was held last weekend.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Have you ever thought of putting together a video series, or doing the seminar as a webcast? That way, those of us who live on the other side of the country (or world, for that matter) could benefit from your excellent program!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Scripting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL