The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making gaffed coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Can anyone tell me what type of gaffed coins can easily be made with regular tools like hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, ect? Thanks in advance. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You might want to start with a grinding wheel, lathe, emmery cloth, a good drill...

Have you checked out 'Discoverie of Witchcraft' ?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I made a Karate Coin by using two washers, one just a little larger than the hole for your finger. The other washer is larger and is used to hold down the smaller washer.

I placed the coin on a block of wood and placed the smaller washer on the coin where you want the hole to be, mine is a lil off center (so as not to be too perfect)
The large washer goes on top of the smaller one, then everything is clamped to the block of wood using two "C" clamps

Then using a punch, punch a spot (to be drilled) center of the small washer.

Next drill a hole in the spot you punched using a small drill bit. Then go up one size bit at a time until you get to the size needed to fit your finger.
Then use a cone shaped grinding bit to smooth out the inside of the hole or make it bigger if needed.

Now could someone tell me how to make an expaned shell??? I doubt I can ever make one, but I just would like to know how a shell is expanded?
I've asked around and no one seems to know. If you know, could you please PM or email me. Thanks
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Joe, it's no biggie. It's easiest to make a die to do the 'expanding' after you make the 'shell'. There are two working methods to making shells. One involves a new rim and the other hollowing out the coin.

How come people keep avoiding the easy stuff, like making gaffs from chocolate coins? Lots of colors and much easier to work with.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Geoff Latta
View Profile
Regular user
New York
158 Posts

Profile of Geoff Latta
Soldering chocolate is harder than you think. Especially the Belgian kind.

Ditching the gaff is easy, though. But fattening.

Latta
"There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." --Oscar Levant
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making gaffed coins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL