We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tag O Magic-simple review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
The saying "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" is perfectly suited for Tag O Magic.
When something as simple as a small key tag has built in effects,from t&r,to having someone use their own phones web browser and several other tricks built in it as well(all making use of the tag),you have something that really shines when you consider how much you get out of such a teeny tiny pkg.
It is all the things that are packed into this tiny, simple and organic item that makes such a simple thing so valuable for the casual performer,and is always there,waiting for you to take advantage...

In a nutshell,i feel Tag O Magic is something a casual/strolling performer can really appreciate.

Personally I see myself using the t&r after one of the other effects(reveals),apposed to starting out with it,as I like there to be some mystery and personal spectator involvment with the tag already established,thus creating a more impactful moment when t&r is done(just my line of thinking and nothing more).

But for those times,when all you want or need is a quickie,then t&r is very good,with two quick jabs to daze the laymen(I also see just using one or three of the other effects at times and leaving out the t&r).

For Magicians wanting to fool other Magicians,this is not going to be of much interest,but as I said above...The causal/strolling performer (in my opinion) will see the value and practicality,which to me is an asset.

I admire the versatility and practicality in such a small,simple,organic little key tag.

Like I posted in the latest and greatest..."Nice one!".

Steve
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Just purchased this and going to be using it with ring flight revolution.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, guys! I'm just happy that I'm finally contributing something to the magic community that isn't a card trick! Smile Seriously, though, I'm glad people are liking this as much as I do.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- so I anxiously awaited the arrival of this in the mail (as I do with all Cameron's magic)- hoping it would come before I had to go out of town for business. Well it showed up- so I get to my hotel at 12 midnight- pop in the dvd and:

1. DVD quality- very nice- instructions are by Paul Richards who does a great job in explaining everything.
2. The trick is fairly simple to perform, just have to be a little careful. Meaning what? Practice- that's it. With a LITTLE practice this can be accompished nicely.

OK- performed this the next day for a few people- here is what they said:

I ripped off the tag- the spectator looks at me and says- "OK". I show that the tag is ripped- and then I do the restoration of the ripped tag- the spectator looks at me and says- "No Way- Come On"- I tell them- "Yea, I know, I don't understand it sometimes myself", I say and watch this- I put the tag back on the key chain (magically of course), the spectator sees this and says, "Are you serious- get out of here!" So I then let the spectator handle the tag and keys for examination. What happened then- they were BLOWN AWAY!

That's just one reaction I described- I have done this now for about 6 different people- ALL the reactions have been the same- "Astonished and BLOWN AWAY"! Someone said to me- "this took about 2 minutes and it's one of the BEST tricks you have done for me. It took only two minutes, but I'm BLOWN AWAY!"

I have received nothing less but AWESOME reactions. Someone earlier in the thread stated how this was to obvious for him. Well, I am proof to tell you- it IS NOT obvious to laymen!

As I posted in the Latest & Greatest section- I must agree with Steve Haynes when he says,

"But for those times,when all you want or need is a quickie,then t&r is very good,with two quick jabs to daze the laymen(I also see just using one or three of the other effects at times and leaving out the t&r).

For Magicians wanting to fool other Magicians,this is not going to be of much interest,but as I said above...The causal/strolling performer (in my opinion) will see the value and practicality,which to me is an asset.

I admire the versatility and practicality in such a small,simple,organic little key tag."

Spot On Steve- this is great!

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tag O Magic-simple review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL