The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need help identifying a coin box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
Hello!

I bought a set of used coin boxes and am interested to know, who made them. They were sold as the David Roth Custom Coin Box Set, but there is a "Z" stamped in every one of the boxes, so I am wondering if these might be Zee Coin Boxes. They came with instructions from David Roth as well as with three short descriptions referring to the Zee Boxes (one from Jim "Zee" Products, two from Robert W. Bengal.)

I would appreciate any help!

Christof
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Made by Jim Zee (Jim Zachary)
http://www.jimzeemagic.net/coinboxes/default.htm
GREAT boxes.
He is also an excellent dice stacker.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3948 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
As far as I know, only David's boxes come with David's instructions. They weren't made by Zee, unless David had a deal with him a long time ago. I don't think David gave permission for anytone else to sell their boxes with his instructions, so if you bought them used, someone might have included them on their own.
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
Thanks for your answers. I guess the seller just confused the boxes, thinking these were the David Roth Set and therefore including these instructions.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3948 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
David is now selling the boxes with a cd Rom that has a performance and video explanation.
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need help identifying a coin box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL