The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Once you´ve got an end you´ve got a routine. Luis Piedrahita (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

15tahures
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
This is Dean Dill´s Matrix in Piedrahita´s hands. Nice routine, great end!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRSMk4pbK4U
FuManChu
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FuManChu
As always a stunner.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
This rocks, just like the rest of his stuff, only this one is extra cool. Love the way he used the--whipped cream? Shaving Cream?--to jazz up the presentation, accentuate the final vanish, and hide the gaffus, all at the same time.

Also gotta love the looks he got from some A-list celebs. Bravo.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
His working of these effects adds so much interest and seeming impossibility to them. I love his material.
The real magic is family!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
WOW how come I've never heard of him? A GENIUS.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
This isn't really a version of Dean's Matrix but it was indeed another cool performance by this guy. This show is FAR more enjoyable with the sound turned off Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Are you kidding me Andrew? I thought that his enthusiasm is great.
Do you speak spanish? That may be an entertainment barrier for you.

So ya, Piedrahita is a great performer and he always makes everything make sense. . . even if it is using whip cream with coins.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I LOVE the stuff this guy does, but I ALWAYS turn the sound off on these Piedrahita clips. Aside from the magic, I can't stand the show. The music, the audience noise, the random puppets in the background...all of the distraction just takes something away from the experience for me.

I know some Spanish, though I'm not fluent. I've also seen plenty of routines in other languages that I think are fantastic, even though I don't have a clue what the performer is saying. As I said, he's an amazing performer and has fried me on multiple occasions, but I can't stand the ambiance on this program.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
I see Andrew.
And you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. . . as long as we agree on the good magic!
mdaniels
View Profile
New user
Panamá
78 Posts

Profile of mdaniels
Wooow Piedrahita is the man!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Of course he is a special personality and one could not blindly emulate Louis more than any other great magician but....if anyone needs to see the difference between a coin trick and coin magic this is the guy to see. As a magician I drool over the technical skills of Ponta the Smith (among others) but see how your lay friends feel about his performances or most of the other confusing or repetitive coin tricks that many of us (long term hobbyist) come to think of as coin magic and then look at this guy. Another world.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-02-23 19:04, Xcath1 wrote:
Of course he is a special personality and one could not blindly emulate Louis more than any other great magician but....if anyone needs to see the difference between a coin trick and coin magic this is the guy to see. As a magician I drool over the technical skills of Ponta the Smith (among others) but see how your lay friends feel about his performances or most of the other confusing or repetitive coin tricks that many of us (long term hobbyist) come to think of as coin magic and then look at this guy. Another world.

100% agree. Another world!
15tahures
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
I know Luis and he is a good friend of Ponta. Luis admires Ponta´s handlings and they are very good friends. Luis is always joking and telling him to buy a Shell. Diferent Worlds, but both are magic worlds.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Ponta is chops from another world, have no idea what he looks like performing for lay people only what I see on you tube and his DVD. I thought I saw G*D when I saw his spellbound but my wife and daughter were left a little cold.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Once you´ve got an end you´ve got a routine. Luis Piedrahita (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL