The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New book: The World of Children's Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just ordered. Magic and childrens charity...how can you possibly pass this up? Worth every penny. Very excited to get this.

Mike Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
This looks great for any kid magicians.....will be ordering my copy tomorrow.
:)
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
Potty, welcome back mate
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
Ceutadigital
View Profile
New user
Nairobi - Kenya
19 Posts

Profile of Ceutadigital
Hi, great book, I received it today in Spain, I am enjoying a lot reading it and learning a lot too.
Thanks David
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I just ordered mine!
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Just got my 2 books. Great stuff.

We need more to buy for a worthy cause.

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
444 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 15:58, LMLipman wrote:
For us Americans, the price is a bit steep with the currency conversion. But the quality and quantity of children's magicians who contributed makes it too good to pass up. I just ordered a copy.

Well, it took a month, but the book arrived today. I've only glanced through it, but it looks extremely promising. There's been a lot of talk in this forum about what tricks to do for kids' shows; I'd say if you just mastered 10 percent of the nearly 60 tricks in this book, you would have a very solid show. The contributors are some of the biggest names in children's magic; one trick per magician. Each routine has either an illustration or a photograph.

Since David Kaye (Silly Billy) is the one who first notified us about the book, and I bought it largely on his recommendation, I wanted to see what he contributed. I was happy to see it was his take an a trick I currently do--What's Next? I only do the trick for ages 7 and older now, but I can easily see using David's approach and making it a trick that even 4 and 5 year olds would enjoy.

Besides David, there are routines by a lot of folk who are regular contributors to this forum, and some, like Ali Bongo, who live on in memory--and whose contribution should be treasured.

I think I'm going to be very satisfied with this book. Now I need to get busy and start going through it in detail. Thanks, David, for recommending it.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
406 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I just got my book. It was well worth the wait. It took about a month to arrive. Ir has an interesting comedy balloon bit where you inflate a balloon with your ear. A great magic drawing board routine. I just got the book so I need to read more of it before I can review it but so far it looks great.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 15:58, LMLipman wrote:
For us Americans, the price is a bit steep with the currency conversion. But the quality and quantity of children's magicians who contributed makes it too good to pass up. I just ordered a copy.

Interesting comment about the price. By today's conversion, 30 GBP = 48 USD. And at Hank Lee's, Seriously Silly goes for 50 USD.

Looks about right to me.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 01:45, David Kaye wrote:
Thank you. Glad you like Seriously Silly. Yes, that's me. David Kaye = Silly Billy

And I am glad people are ordering this new book. It's full of great, professional routines.

It wont be available from any US dealer or anyone other than Practical Magic. This is to make sure the profits from the book go to the charity. It is not a "practical" a method of distribution, but it makes sense as far as getting the money to charity.

Well the distributer could prepay the 'charity payment'........ how do you think H.L. would respond to that proposition?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New book: The World of Children's Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL