The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Libya... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
I wonder why Woland keeps leaving out the US position since 2004.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
BP isn't American but why wouldn't those companies be interested in doing business where business is available and legal?

One thing that bothers me, and I have no horse in this race, is the people who view Halliburton as a great evil company. There are only a couple, literally, companies in the US that has the ability to do major building or logistics jobs with the personel and equipment to get it doing right away. Halliburton is one of them and may be the only one really left for major jobs. It made absolute sense to hire them for the job they got in Iraq because no one else was going to be able to do it unless perhaps a giant Chinese company could but I think they wanted an American company. I'll tell you this, I've a inlaw who drove a truck for Halliburton in Iraq and he is an American whos parents are Arabs so he has the look and last name that is pretty clearly Arab. Halliburton knew that if caught he would be killed immediately so they transfered him to a safe job and kept his hazard pay in place since he was willing to drive those trucks. Not bad of them. As for their accounting practices it is odd but not uncommon for big jobs to have cost change and then audits find and correct errors, that is why audits exist.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Where have I equated the international community that lionizes Qadhdhafi with leftists? To be sure he is well loved by leftists and racists like Minister Farrakhan, but not only by leftists. Up until a few weeks ago the Libyan regime was everybody's darling. That was my point.

W.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Really man....they contribute things to you and others never stated. That is my realm. Seeking to do business doesn't mean anything other than the belief one can make money selling equipment, doesn't make 'em lefties.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 17:07, Woland wrote:
Where have I equated the international community that lionizes Qadhdhafi with leftists? To be sure he is well loved by leftists and racists like Minister Farrakhan, but not only by leftists. Up until a few weeks ago the Libyan regime was everybody's darling. That was my point.

W.

But you conspicuously left out the US. Why? Perhaps the motives that everyone else had were not so dissimilar from Bush's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Libya... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL