The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Specialty Insurance dropping Hypnotists? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
But America has the biggest 'No win No fee culture' litigation culture in the world. (In fact we have only just started importing the idea from them!) Yet they see no need for such an apparently much needed and useful Act?

In fact no one else in the world seems to need it. So we are not really talking about if someone adheres to it or not but it's very need/worth. No one else in the worlds governments sees it as needed.

Insurance of some kind is highly advisable and I even had a million pound PL cover decades ago when I ran a karaoke! But it has to be at a cost that can be afforded or it just a mute point. It's no use saying to someone that they should have insurance at £1000, if they don't have £1000! (I mean that karaoke insurance for a million pound cover cost me £35!!! - so what we need in this country is affordable insurance so that we can comply with an Act that no one else has to!)

It's an Act that doesn't make you a good safe hypnotist, you can only do that by choice. And safe guidelines can be found in many a good hypnotists book. So it remains a restriction that we have that no one else needs. In that respect, it is a useless piece of outdated legislation.

If it's so wonderful and needed, why does no one else in the world's Governments think that?
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its a shame but the goverment doesn't se it your way. There are some parts of the world where its banned totally.

And its not about making you or anyone a better hypnotist. Its about protecting the public. And that can't be a bad thing.

But no point trying to convince me contact the home office.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Britain clearly has the best government anywhere in the world, ever.
:P
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I wouldn't go that far Owen. Although its best to be insured where you are too for the same reasons.

Everything has to start off somewhere perhaps in other parts of the world giudelines will be adopted at some point.

I think the risks involved with Kareoke and Hypnosis are totally different. The fact you don't seem to know what they are only confirms to me that the ACT and the guidelines n place are a good thing.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Do you know is any of this insurance companies cover overseas?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 09:48, mindpunisher wrote:
I think the risks involved with Kareoke and Hypnosis are totally different. The fact you don't seem to know what they are only confirms to me that the ACT and the guidelines n place are a good thing.


Oh dear! We were going so well and then MP has to get a silly little swipe in.

Do you know how to debate MP?

"The fact you don't seem to know what they are" - But that is a fact at all is it MP? That's just an invented Straw Man that you then answer you own invention with - "only confirms to me that the ACT and the guidelines n place are a good thing."

Yes, we understand that you think it's wonderful but in fact it turns out that it isn't as no one else seems to require it - That part you have avoided addressing as it doesn't you back up.

One could speculate that the only reason you are in favour of restrictions and high priced difficult to get insurance is that you want to keep all the work for yourself and exclude anyone taking your gigs. Your stance and reasoning behind it is quite clear in every bitter post you write and confirmed by a recent post in 'Penny for your thoughts' where you moan that you can't throw a stone without hitting a hypnotist now.

It's your one goal to be bitter and praise anything that stops anyone new starting up and you post it in every post. As in this thread you reject anything you don't wish to listen to or doesn't fit your goal.

And now in this case you even invent things about others in which to debase them and claim that you are posting fact.

The only fact is that you have been rumbled yet again as all you ever post on here are bitter, transparent posts designed to put down other hypnotists and support anything that makes it difficult for them from stealing what you wrongfully think is yours and yours alone.

The world has changed - Move on as it won't be going back your way anytime ever!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't think its really up for debate. You can speculate all you like about what my thoughts are. But its not about me its about insurance. And the FACT is you need to comply with the ACT and guidelines in order to get insurance. I think that's a good thing you don't. There is no debate.

I praise good practice and abiding by the law obviously you don't like it. that's why the public need protection from people like you. And why you will never truly be a professional.

Comparing Kareoke with Hypnosis is a true indication of your mindset. I don't think you have done many gigs or you would be aware of the real risks involved for you as much as anything.

And you know the insurance really is as much if not more for your benefit than those that might get injured. If someone takes you to court it can get very costly.

>>>The world has changed - Move on as it won't be going back your way anytime ever! <<<

The world hasn't changed to the point where you don't need to comply with the law or safey guidelines or having insurance. It is you that seems to have difficulty grasping that reality.

This has nothing to do with me personally. And you would never get the gigs I go after because they usually involve risk and spending my own money as well as abiding by the law and being fully insured.

We are not really in the same arena. And It is very rare I do gigs these days I have my energy invested in something better. The market is mainly dead for shows I don't give a toss.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
So stop greeting your eyes out get insured or don't get insured its up to you what choices you make in life.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
America is a far bigger country with far greater litigation yet they do not seem to agree with you that our 1952 Act is a needed thing.

It is all about you and your desire to keep anyone else out of a occupation that you think should only be for you to do.

He is proof of the fact that it's all about you and your earnings and your disgust that anyone other than you is getting work.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6975226

You have never addressed the first and most important question in this post as all you want to do is abuse the 1952 Act and need for insurance for is your own monetary needs.

Spout morality and count the pound signs. It invalidates everything you have to say.

You are not about protecting anyone other than yourself!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"that's why the public need protection from people like you. And why you will never truly be a professional."

HA HA HA You know nothing about me and have to invent things that I didn't say and avoid the big questions to even post a reply.

As you know nothing about me you are simply not in any position to judge as dangerous to the public or my professional level.

Talk about throwing out libellous comments to try and win a debate.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
...HA HA HA You know nothing about me and have to invent things that I didn't say and avoid the big questions to even post a reply.<<<<


There is no debate. You demonstrate your ignorance of safety guidelines and distaste for abiding by the law. What else do we need to know?

And judging by just about every post Ive seen you don't contribute to these forums. You try and stir it up.

Simply you come across as a bit of an idiot on a good day and complete idiot on a bad one.

And I find it hilarious that you think you could steal my gigs.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Keep on writing in things that I didn't say as and imagining things that didn't happen.

You just invent what you want to read.

Like you are well loved on here? You are the only one one this forum peddling the same rubbish in every post and most people take the p out of you because of the way you act on here.

"distaste for abiding by the law" - I show distaste for the law not for abiding by it so what you have posted there is nothing but a total lie. Add to that you ignoring the main question so many times and it is clear that you have nothing to say and need to lie as well.

PS: What gigs, MP, what gigs?

What do you contribute apart from bitterness, moaning and putting down anyone who is not you!

Take you bitterness out on some poor kid as it won't wash with me!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Every time you guys bring up the 1952 Hypnosis Act, I am reminded of why the pilgrims came here....
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Richard - not all of us keep bringing it up... we do have some more pilgrims we're itching to get shot of though Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 18:28, Shrubsole wrote:
But the 1952 Hypnosis Act is not a guideline, it's the law.

Two very different things. Good ideas of safe practise are one thing, laws forcing you to do things that no other country deems necessary are another thing entirely.

So whether you like them and another doesn't is irrelevant as they are not optional and not guidelines.

If the Act was not here tomorrow, you would still be capable of doing a safe show and Johnny down the road who never listened to anything anyway will continue doing what he did before the Act disappeared.

An Act or in fact insurance do not make a safe Hypnotist, the Hypnotist does. It is he who decides to run a safe show.

As I have said, no other country seems to need this thing and some consider necessary here.

"But if you read them you will see why they were put in place."

I have read them but it doesn't at all address why we need them when no one else does. Why has no one else seen why they need to put them in place?



I simply believe that shrubby's above post is 100% spot on and cannot even imagine why anyone with an iq above 7 would have any desire to argue against it. It's simply true, all of it.

While I was in my school years I was constantly informed that Great Britain's Law system was admired by the whole world. Well... it's sh-te! There is no more Great in Britain as far as our law system is concerned. we legislate just for the sake of it. If you don't believe me go have a sit down with your local MP in his/her surgery and ask him/her about this act (I did). Not only will they be guaranteed not to know anything about it but they will show no interest in learning anything about it. No one is at home. The door is open with a message for the thief that they musn't touch. It's totally unguarded.

This subject is a comedy stand-up's dream. The truth is that whilst the law in this act protects not one soul, MY 'personal responsibilty' does, every day, every time I say the word sleep. They're safe, with me. And that's a fact.

What is a bigger fact is that no one has even heard of it, never mind being interested in it. I have personally contacted local councils to get a licence and they've ACTUALLY giggled and told me it wouldn't be needed, and that is simply true. I have other hypnotic friends who have told me that same story over and over. I know MP has told me that didn't happen in Edinburgh and I believe him. But hey-ho, "Go do it somewhere else where you can talk to real people." That's what most of us do.

I hypnotised my first person in 1977 (albeit admittedly for many years I did NOT practice phenomena hypnosis) and I have NEVER EVER had a problem I couldn't handle with anyone or any thing through MY TRAINING. All my abreactions were intentionally brought on BY ME to release the client from a phobia (normally brought on by an uncle or a kindly grandad).

I'm probably one of the very few people in here who, whilst NOT caring about The Act (it's sh-te, did I say that earlier?), possess something like 5 million pound's worth of hypnosis insurance. It only cost me about 80 quid a year which shows that THEY don't consider it to be too risky!!!

As a clinical hypnotherapist I see about 15 clients per week, so my practice might not be looked upon as being HIGHLY successful. However, in my experience, this subject (The Act) only really gets talked about by UN-successful hypnotists (sorry but it's true).

Listen Guys, honestly, there HAS TO BE something more important to talk about than this. Let's all give ourselves a break!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Yawn...Jeeze the ingonrance on here is astounding. YOU MUST COMPLY WITH THE GIUDELINES IN ORDER TO SATISFY THE ACT GET INSURANCE AND BE GRANTED A LICENSE...

THESE ARE FACTS....FACTS

15 clients a week? yeah Bob...right...

The act doesn't apply to therapy. But this thread is about INSURANCE for stage and public demonstrations. The fact you guys don't even know about the REQUIRED guidelines tells me that you don't have insurance for public shows or demonstrations because YOUVE NEVER APPLIED. Or you would know this simple fact.

Like much on here you guys telegraph your lack of knowledge in all sorts of areas of hypnosis . Talk about virtual cowboys...But you all believe you know everything when its screamingly obvious you don't.

Like I said insurance is easy to get if you can prove your competence. Unfortunately most of you would find that difficult in the Uk since there are only two sources of insurance that will offer YOU the hypnotist FULL protection Equity and Fesh and they can be fussy. They recognise that irresponsable cowboys can damage the policies they have worked hard to get.

Or go the other route and take the risk of not having it. Its your choice. These are simple coldfacts and choices yet again yu demonstrate your inability to take it in.

Unfortunately the real world doesn't operate in the way you wish it to. Time to wake up and come out of trance.

And when somebody with experience tries to tell you --- you go into these rants that have no basis in reality...

Wouldn't it be easier to just shut up and learn something for a change?

And the main reason you should want insurance is to protect YOU...

I was talking to Jon Chase only the other day and he told me of one of his friends who had a fake claim made against him. If the hypnotist had not had insurance he would've been dragged through court and most l ikely would've lost. Probably had to remortgage his house. The insurance paid for a private detective to follow the guy and they discovered he was lying about his injury.

They also covered all the legal costs. Without insurance he wouldn't have been able to do this and most likely would have lost...

And by the way Jon is fully insured also even although he doesn't talk about it.

WAKE UP I personally would never do shows public demos without insurance. But that's my choice. You do what you feel is right for you.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Maybe if you can across in a more helpful, encouraging and constructive way we would all pay more attention to what you actually say. Unfortunately it is hard to listen to someone who is condescending and, well, rude most of the time. You remind me of an American Evangelist screaming at people that they will all go to hell unless they follow HIS guidance (and possibly buy a book or two).

If you have years of experience it is difficult to see that past what on the surface appears to be a very narrow viewpont indeed

While age can bring with it wisdom it is sadly not always the case.

Humbly

James 'probably the best' Brown
;)
DaiMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DaiMagic
"Your getting there safely, very safely" should be the new name for this forum, With a sticky of "The 1952 hypnotism act" Smile
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 13:34, DaiMagic wrote:
"Your getting there safely, very safely" should be the new name for this forum, With a sticky of "The 1952 hypnotism act" Smile


But this is largely an American forum where the 1952 Hypnotism Act doesn't apply as they seem to be able to function just fine without it!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 00:02, Nongard1 wrote:
Every time you guys bring up the 1952 Hypnosis Act, I am reminded of why the pilgrims came here....


Indeed, enjoy your Land Of The Free as we had our freedom taken away many years ago!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Specialty Insurance dropping Hypnotists? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL