The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Specialty Insurance dropping Hypnotists? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Actually how I come across doesn't really matter. This thread is about insurance. All I hear is whining and moaning about the ACT I didn't start this. Its actually esy now to get insurance if you do hypnosis properly its no longer a problem.

What the problem is that most on here don't want to do it properly or professionally. Yet whine about the law etc.

Yes that right in the states you are also free to carry guns.

And they go through your pockets looking for credit cards before they admit you to hospital even if your bleeding to death.

Its a real **** all this repression eh?

Some times you gotta love the UK.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 13:14, Zerububle wrote:
Maybe if you can across in a more helpful, encouraging and constructive way we would all pay more attention to what you actually say. Unfortunately it is hard to listen to someone who is condescending and, well, rude most of the time. You remind me of an American Evangelist screaming at people that they will all go to hell unless they follow HIS guidance (and possibly buy a book or two).

If you have years of experience it is difficult to see that past what on the surface appears to be a very narrow viewpont indeed

While age can bring with it wisdom it is sadly not always the case.

Humbly

James 'probably the best' Brown
;)

James the problem isn't me or how I come across. The problem is most guys on here don't want to listen to anything they don't want to hear. They want to bury their heads in the sand and live the fantasy of pretending to be a hypnotist. (And this is what the current fad is really about for the majority-- fantasy and compensating for inadequecy)But it takes a lot more to be a real hypnotist than reading a book or watching a dvd.

I tell you how it is I don't care what you do. that's up to you.

And having REAL experience allows me too see where you guys are in your development. When I was starting out I listened to those that knew what they were talking about. including the local councils the law and insurance companies.

If there is evangalism its coming from the vendors of products that keep the risks insurance and the law hidden as much as they can since they want you to believe its "easy" or it affects their sales.

But those guys leave behind them a legacy. I just hope they are happy with it. Although I have been asked in the past I am not interested in this niche and would never offer trainings or products.

But that's just me.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Sorry MP. Still just sounds like wild arrogant ranting. Once again you put everyone into only 2 camps. The traditionalist like yourself (who are of cause all right) and teenage hapless wannabes endangering the lives of everyone they meet. Realistically there is more to it than this. Some of us are experienced are well trained and knowledgeable, have no adequacy issues or *** envy.

I believe you ARE part of the problem here. I also believe you have valid points to make and experience to offer but again it would be nice to hear those things above the ranting
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Well said Mr Zerububle.

In all MP's posts it's always him above everyone else and no one else knows what they are talking about, only him. Arrogance in the extreme.

But when you look at his other posts you can see the bigger picture of moan about how it was in the good old days, how much he was earning and that the problem is all these new people who dared to think that they could do hypnosis.

If you look at the bigger picture it's all about him and his want to keep it all for himself.

The arrogant, no one is safe apart from him is just a smokescreen for the bigger picture.

Now, a hypnotists promoting themselves as the only one who knows everything and attacks other hypnotises and even talks to Members of Parliament and councils to try and get everyone apart from themself stopped. errrmm Where have I seen that before? And isn't strange that MP is a fan of his?

It's all there in MP's posts if one cares to look.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Okay, my ears pricked up.

MP, did you have a licence to perform this 'impromptu' 'show'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9oq7xjRxiM

If so, how 'impromptu' was it?
If not, how did it comply with the UK law?

Many thanks for your expected silence on this matter, once again.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
[quote]On 2011-03-05 17:06, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
"the problem isn't me or how I come across."

Quote:
"The problem is most guys on here don't want to listen."

Brian I seriously think it's time to let this one go. Philosophical arguments are one thing. Boring people is the something entirely different. Here's some great advice;
'stop showing your arse in public'. It's all you've got left. Keep it covered and try to move forward in your life.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
Getting this back on topic, word is that Specialty will continue to insure hypnotists at a higher premium.

That said, I am extremely dissatisfied with my dealings with them.

I had just taken their safety test for $100 when I was told they might not continue to insure hypnotists. I asked for a refund for the safety test fee (it was a pre-requisite for being insured by them) since they might not insure me afterward and the person in charge of administering the test said she would send me a refund. Weeks passed and no refund arrived. I contacted the person in charge of Specialty Insurance and she assured me that if the test administrator did not refund my money that she would.

More weeks passed. The test administrator lied about sending my refund and when I contacted Specialty about the problem they reneged on their promise to refund my money as well. Everyone involved does not seem to care that I participate in multiple forums where stage hypnotists might be thinking about getting insured.

Needless to say, I have nothing good to say about Specialty or its test administrator. I've avoided using names but a simple visit to their website will reveal that.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
[quote]On 2011-03-06 15:18, bobser wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 17:06, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
"the problem isn't me or how I come across."

Quote:
"The problem is most guys on here don't want to listen."

Brian I seriously think it's time to let this one go. Philosophical arguments are one thing. Boring people is the something entirely different. Here's some great advice;
'stop showing your arse in public'. It's all you've got left. Keep it covered and try to move forward in your life.

Boring to whom? You think reading posts by amatuers trying to train amatuers is entertaining? Disasters waiting to happen... Know it alls that know nothing?

Move on? I think your post is waisted on me...save it for those that need it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Specialty Insurance dropping Hypnotists? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL