The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » I am now the proud owner of ..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Markkuhn2
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of Markkuhn2
I am now the proud owner of all 4 Apocalypse volumes and Classic Collections 1, 2 and 3!
These books by Harry Lorayne are MUST HAVES!
trouser
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of trouser
I agree, although I don't own Classic Collections. But I'll take your word on it. Smile
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Good choices. you never need another book!
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Is there a better Classic Collection for a beginner? I've heard that Vol 3 contains harder material.

What do you think?

-robert
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
I still need to get CC3
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Markkuhn2
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of Markkuhn2
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 16:44, gostone23 wrote:
Is there a better Classic Collection for a beginner? I've heard that Vol 3 contains harder material.

What do you think?

-robert

Hey Robert ...
Learn and practice Harry's HaLo cut. It is probably one of the best sleights you will ever learn.
octave
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of octave
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 16:44, gostone23 wrote:

What do you think?

-robert

Get Classic Collection 1 first. It has C.U.C.M which covers all the basics and has lots of good card effects.

-octave
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1064 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I had to add that I now have all four Apocalypse volumes!!!!! My yellow Apocalypse is a bit beat up (got a good deal on it used), but I can't have everything. Smile Is that volume (11-15) out of print? Doesn't seem like most of the major online retailers carry it, although they usually have 6-10 (red) and 16-20 (black).

Although I wasn't even alive for many of the magazine's early years, I am REALLY enjoying working through this stuff. There is no sense of nostalgia, simply a feeling of amazement and wonder that you can get SO MUCH useable magic for such a reasonable price. Now I have just Classic Collection 3 to complete that trilogy!

Special thanks to Vlad for putting me onto the Apocalypse volumes! I'm so excited, I had to share with you guys!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Apocalypse is by far the best investment in regards to close up magic. I bought all four volumes from a friend for 250 years ago and I still flip through them every week! Well worth it!

Congrats Dr. JK
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
If it has Mr.Lorayne's name on it I buy it always get more than my monies worth.

Best
Leo Jr
pierre888
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of pierre888
One degree by john G (signed) and bullet party by john Bannon (signed too). =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » I am now the proud owner of ..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL