The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subtle Scam by Tommy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
Hi wilko,

if you didn't receive it yet, may you purchased
it from Lybrary.

So, you need to wait that Chris upload it on his website.

Thank you very much.

Bye
Tommy
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
https://www.lybrary.com/tommaso-guglielmi-m-52570.html
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
Hi tommy.
I purchased subtle scam directly from you. You sent me out my copy, then re sent it because some people had reported that ic may have been corrupt.
It was sent to my email address- wilko147@googlemail.com
Thanks
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
Please contact me on my mail account...

I already sent it to you.

Please, if someone cannot see it because it is corrupted it could be useful
if he reports this problem to me on my e-mail address.

Bye
Tommy
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 11:54, Gorecki wrote:
I've been experimenting with the principles contained in this clever ebook, and I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on the subject in the hopes that other practitioners will chime in with their own ideas.

1. THE "ANY CARD AND ANY NUMBER" SELECTION

In my experience, spectators tend to select a number somewhere in the middle of the offered range (I often get 25, 26 or 27).
Couple that with the fact that you have a 50% chance of the selected card currently resting in the lower half of the deck, and you've got some long and repetitive dealing ahead of you.
(Those who know the effect will understand what I mean.) For that first sequence, Tommy says that should you run out of cards, you simply ask the spectator to gather up the deck and start dealing again. And I'd like to avoid that if possible.

So while it is true that the spectator can select ANY number, it is preferrable (because of the reasons highlighted above) for the spectator to select as high a number as possible.
That will limit the amount of dealing you'll need done.
For that reason, I've started presenting the opening selection of a card and a number differently. Instead of saying "Name any card and any number," I say something along the lines of "Mentally select a card, any one in the deck, and select a number from 1 to -- well, you can go all way up to 52." (With a subtle emphasis on "up to 52.)
This tends to steer the spectator into a higher range, and I'll often get a number in the 30s or 40s.
This takes a lot of the dealing out and makes the effect more to the point.

2. THE OSE TRIPLE CUT & WHY SHOULD IT MATTER THAT THE MAGICIAN NEVER TOUCHES THE DECK

Right before spectator 1 counts down to his selected card (at his selected number, Tommy suggests using the Ose Triple Cut, and proposes having it done by the spectator so that the magician can claim (rightly so) that he never touched the deck up to that first revelation.

There are two things to discuss here.
First, the Ose Cut. It's certainly an effective move, but it's at its best when performed smoothly, with good rhythm and precise moves.
If you have this done by the spectator, you lose the rhythm and the precise moves, essentially because the poor guy is afraid to mess it up and wants to make sure he's going what you want. That makes the cut less deceptive -- still viable, mind you, but less deceptive. I've had spectators question the Ose Cut when they did it themselves, but NEVER when I perform it.
So I much prefer to perform the cut (or any other false cut) myself. (And that's if you feel you do need a cut there, which you may not.)

Which brings us to the second point: the magician never touching the deck.
This seems to be a prerequisite for a lot of people looking into ACAAN effects, but I honestly fail to see why.
It's all about what the spectators believe. In the particular case of Subtle Scam, what happens if I take the deck and give it a "cut" before I hand it back to spectator 1 so that he can deal down to his chosen position in the deck? The worst that can happen is that spectators will think I've somehow positioned the right card at the right spot.
Think about it -- if a spectator thinks my cut put the right card in the right spot, it means he believes that I have the ability to know exactly where the chosen card lies (in a shuffled deck) AND that I am able to cut exactly the right amount of cards required to put that selected card in the selected position.
Now how is that a bad thing? Nobody (all right, very few people) will believe you actually have magical powers. But they can very well believe you have the abilities I've just described, and that makes you a legend -- a lot more than some alleged mystical powers would.

Plus, your cutting the deck gives them an out that takes the heat away from mathematical considerations. And what's more magical (again, in the spectator's mind): that you've mathematically maneuvered things to that his card falls in the right spot, or that you can take a shuffled deck and instantly cut any card to any location without even looking?

There is a LOT of information above for prying eyes to just come here and read. Maybe this conversation should be moved to a better area? I am sure the other responses will be even more detailed. Keep the Curious...well, curious!
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
TC ACAAN = best impromptu ACAAN ever made?
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I would like to say something to it but I'm still waiting for the update through Chris ((lybrary.com). But already until now Tommy's work is great. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
Thanks tommy. I got the update. Will give it a look when I get a minute.
Thanks again.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Great update Tommy! This is a very nice impromptu ACAAN. You can borrow a deck and have the spec shuffle before and during the counting procedure.

Clever thinking! Keep'em coming!

Bosco
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
I am very glad to hear that you like my impromptu ACAAN.

Please, let me know if it works well also for you.

Bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
Louis Cipher
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Louis Cipher
Very clever method.

Thank you for sharing.

(_Louis Cipher_)
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Just received the Dark Edition.
Tommmy removed some grammatical errors and a different explanation for OPARN.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Me too,
just didn´t have time to read through it, but the layout looks great!
kiki
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 13:24, entermagic wrote:
Hi Andy,
in my opinion, if you don't see the conditions, Subtle Scam is not for you or any other
method, because Richardson's is already the best.

MPnest

yes this is true
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Just received another good update from Tommy.

Now this version includes the effect "The Ritual", It is good!

Every time Subtle Scam is coming better and better.

Thanks Tommy.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
If there is one ebook in the world which shows how useful the ebook can be, with its updates and downloads and added content, then its this one.

Thanks Tommy

xx
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I agree Thomas. Ebooks are perfect for this. Lybrary has the right idea too with its Digital Shelf that gives permanent access to downloaded ebooks (and any updates).

And Tommy's "The Ritual" variant is very good.

Mike
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I wish Tommy would release the mother of all prediction effects
CRIMINAL INDUCTION
this is His best work period
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
Thank you very much again.

... and as I have already done if I will have some new idea
I will share again with you. I will do it over and over... ;-)

Thank you very much for your support.

Bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Tommy has once again produced a nice little hands off ACAAN. In "The Ritual" Tommy provides a basic presentation that lends itself to add your own twist to make it a very dark or whimsical presentation. One presentation could be from a dark ritualistic slant, complete with candles, pendulum etc. I don't think a presentation like this would detract from the ACAAN payoff. Or you could do a lighter presentation based on past loves, current love, etc. It can play either way. More solid thinking from Tommy, good job.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
In anyones opinion..what is Tommys best work WITHOUT using a mem deck. I won't do an ACAAN using that method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subtle Scam by Tommy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL