We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental magic literature (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
medaca
View Profile
New user
france
37 Posts

Profile of medaca
Mind, Myth and Magick, I think this is the best one.

Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
A vote for Bob Cassidy's Art of Mentalism 1 and 2.

Jack Shalom
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Socrates
Harry Lorayne's book on how to develop a super power memory is extremely useful.

Use this along with 'Influence' by Cialdini and 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' by Carnegie and you'll go a long way.

Socrates

'Simplify!' - Henry David Thoreau Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
There ARE numerous excellent other books aside from the well known ones that will benefit any student of mentalism. The Horowitz books are brilliant as is Ganson's Magic of the Mind, All of John Riggs Books, Jules Lenier's Mentalistic Folio's, Mind Warp, and the Purloined Thought. There are lots of little manuscripts and booklets too and some lecture notes BUT far too many to begin listing here.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"It Must Be Mindreading" by G. Anderson....Found a source finally.

Is this book really as good as they say it is? Different then Fulves and Anneman's Mental Magic books?

braveneil
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of braveneil
Can anyone enlighten me on what is "Suggestive Mentalism" from Ford Kross
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
Braveneil: the search engine does wonders Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
braveneil
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of braveneil
Thanks Bruno, I tried. Probably I am too retarded using the search.
My regards,
Neil
GFord
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
53 Posts

Profile of GFord
Another classic that may be dismissed as old but really is a gold mine is Burling Hull's Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mentalism. The subtite reads "A Gigantic Collection of Complete Mntalism Methods, Secrets, 'Instructions', Routines, Acts, Programs, Shows". It is, indeed. Still available through Micky Hades International I believe.
Best Regards,
GF
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
A good choice is
Syzygy The First Five Years by Earle, Lee , Books HBJ, pub. 2003, 450 pp. First five years of Syzygy: The Journal of Contemporary Mentalism. Includes bonus CD.

http://www.magicbookshop.com/
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2003-08-02 09:57, castormagi wrote:
Not even Max Maven is able to give you recommendations about what to read about mentalism. Obviously, there are some good bokks and some really bad. But you have to consider your own personal style before you know which books are for you.

I had the privilege to attend a five day seminar in Sweden last week, and of course the issue came up. He said: "Start with Corinda and Anneman. Then read everything on the subject."

Not much help, maybe, but since Anneman has not been mentioned, I thought that name might be useful to seekers.

I second MM. Corinda and Annemann served me well for my first 5 years with mentalism.(...well, and Tarbell)
In those books I didn't only find material for years, but also the basic philosophy.

This is a rather long time ago, though.
Throughout the years, I have got a rather fine collection covering various branches within mentalism.
However, I'm very glad that I started off with the above mentioned.I still read them.

Sven
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I'm glad you mentioned Lee Earle, GoranS. I picked up M.I.N.D. a little while back and am having a great time going through the material it contains. There is some very usable stuff.

At the same time I picked up an Ormand McGill book, Real Mental Magic (I believe). What a very cool book. It's going to take some time and thought to digest everything in there.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental magic literature (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL