The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards Don't Lie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Funkytek
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Funkytek
I am wondering who or what book this trick is in. If the name does not make any sense it is the trick where a spectator picks a card then chooses to lie or tell the truth about there card selection. I saw it and it look like it would be fun to perform. How may tricks are out there with this method?
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Many. In my books and Apocalypse alone.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
There is also a version in the Card Magic of Nick Trost. Lots of places to find an effect of this type.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
"Solomon's Mind" by David Solomon, the effect is "Steinmeyer's Nine Card Problem Done With Seven Cards"...first effect in the book.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Funkytek
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Funkytek
I thank you for this I can not wait to look into these recommendations.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 8:14am
Ok, I have been searching for the book that Harry L is talking about and I can not find anything where are these spell tricks located? Better yet, what are they called? I am looking for a specific one that has the truth or lie effect. The trick I think is called Cards don't lie.
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
161 Posts

Profile of tltq
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
The trick you may be looking for is entitled "The Lie Detector" by Ron Bauer. It's easy to do, can be done from a shuffled and borrowed deck, etc. It's the first trick in a book called, "L.I.N.T." by John Luka.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Look up Voice Print in one of my books or on one of my DVDs (or That's The Truth) among others.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 1:57pm
For Funnytek and others: I'll try to copy/paste from another thread:

If it all possible, please check out Spelligant from Apocalypse as I mentioned above, it really is a great lie detector effect. No messy spelling, the spectator can lie at ANY point, there is only one simple sleight and no matter WHAT CARD the spectator tells you to spell, at the denouement it will ALWAYS be her card! Plus Mr. Lorayne adds a few possible kickers, although I have used the effect without them to great success - meaning I haven't tried the kickers yet!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Jim Oliver
View Profile
Regular user
Las Cruces, New Mexico
141 Posts

Profile of Jim Oliver
Funkytek,

There is a routine called CARDS NEVER LIE! and it is found in Roberto Giobbi's Card Collage Light on page 93. Have fun with it.

Jim
Ed Marlo rules
DaiMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DaiMagic
There is a killer effect by Steven Youell in his "weapons of mass destruction" notes with this premiss. It is the best iv seen. It floors magicians and lay people. Well worth a look.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards Don't Lie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL