The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeki (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1845 Posts

Profile of Prager
Amira you should INMEDIATLY get down your ebook 5 Miracles with 5 ESP card, you don´t add anything new in presentation and it does not credit anyone.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3370 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 08:22, J. Prager wrote:
Looch you asked me for the idea.

I´ve sent it to you with the condition that you will send me your honest opinion, you never gave me any feedback.

And now you post this in here?

Why?

There was NO condition to you sending me this AT ALL !!! your words and I quote from the PM were:

"Please let me know what do you think about it."

I am letting you know, in my post, where I say I feel Busch needs to be credited. the peek is the same as in PP excluding the wallet.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 10:54, J. Prager wrote:
Amira you should INMEDIATLY get down your ebook 5 Miracles with 5 ESP card, you don´t add anything new in presentation and it does not credit anyone.

Ok .
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 10:49, IAIN wrote:
No, by asking the "go to guy" you're tapping into their knowledge, and all those other people who have then gone to him to ask for permission/crediting/asking if its been done before...so he doesn't give you a 100 names at all, he says "not heard of it being used in such a way... you may want to double check with go to guy2...", they say "fine by me...", then you're good to go...

its not some huge, never ending corridor, its usually pretty easy...and yup, mistakes are made, things are over-looked, however they too are easily rectified... people often learn their lesson pretty quickly too, and you'd think that someone who got a huge amount of (free) help from some very decent people would do the right thing afterwards and communicate...

I'm advocating crediting and asking permissions - if you feel that's wrong, good luck to you...

I don't think it is wrong at all. If you check what I wrote a couple of posts above you will see that. I just think a few people have been a bit harsh in this case, that is all. J Prager is practically being called a thief and is being accused of stealing others material intentionally by some. Harsh.

Amira, yes I do. All bought and paid for. Like I say I have nothing personal against you I was making a point. Read my post again.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 10:56, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 10:49, IAIN wrote:
No, by asking the "go to guy" you're tapping into their knowledge, and all those other people who have then gone to him to ask for permission/crediting/asking if its been done before...so he doesn't give you a 100 names at all, he says "not heard of it being used in such a way... you may want to double check with go to guy2...", they say "fine by me...", then you're good to go...

its not some huge, never ending corridor, its usually pretty easy...and yup, mistakes are made, things are over-looked, however they too are easily rectified... people often learn their lesson pretty quickly too, and you'd think that someone who got a huge amount of (free) help from some very decent people would do the right thing afterwards and communicate...

I'm advocating crediting and asking permissions - if you feel that's wrong, good luck to you...

I don't think it is wrong at all. If you check what I wrote a couple of posts above you will see that. I just think a few people have been a bit harsh in this case, that is all. J Prager is practically being called a thief and is being accused of stealing others material intentionally by some. Harsh.

And how did you know that .. Really? Jose KNOWS the Acidus Novus, he uses it for almost 3 years
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6939424

I don't have anything agains Jose, but if he starts to complain about my eBooks without any reason at all , I will tell you the truth. The truth is that this guy needs a rest.
If I sell ALL the ideas that I use and came up... it will be very easy to sell my eBooks for 5 dollars to anyone and made a good bucks.
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Do you feel people are being harsh because of the amount of free help he has had so far, from people who have tried to understand his point of view - and then he does the same thing again...

by the way, I'm going to be releasing something soonish that has the permission from larry becker, and has a list of credits in the pdf instructions... to me a total of two weeks it took, from start to finish, to get all the info and permissions in place...

and something else I'm currently writing, already has permission from richard webster... its easy to ask these kind people for help and advice...they are experts and are to be trusted...being open and honest is the way forward...

just wanting to point out that doing the right thing is doable, takes only time and honesty and politeness... I'm going to stop banging my head against this brickwall though...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Peeki is NOT AN though. Your post is misleading! Have you read Peeki Amira? It is NOTHING LIKE AN.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think they are being harsh because he is selling old ideas as his own.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I really was thinking to comeback to this place. But I will stay out for longer time. I cant stand this .
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-28 11:01, IAIN wrote:
Do you feel people are being harsh because of the amount of free help he has had so far, from people who have tried to understand his point of view - and then he does the same thing again...

by the way, I'm going to be releasing something soonish that has the permission from larry becker, and has a list of credits in the pdf instructions... to me a total of two weeks it took, from start to finish, to get all the info and permissions in place...

and something else I'm currently writing, already has permission from richard webster... its easy to ask these kind people for help and advice...they are experts and are to be trusted...being open and honest is the way forward...

just wanting to point out that doing the right thing is doable, takes only time and honesty and politeness... I'm going to stop banging my head against this brickwall though...

I am also banging my head, because I agree with everything you just said. I just can't see the line. A billet switch is a billet switch is a billet switch. A peek is a peek is a peek. I think the argument goes back to the music analogy. Don't you have to have so many words the same or so many bars the same for it to be considered a rip off? It's the same here. Just how new does it have to be to be considered new? Are we arguing over whether there is a wallet or not?
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-28 11:06, mindpunisher wrote:
I think they are being harsh because he is selling old ideas as his own.

Again you haven't read it, right?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gimmie a break..
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-28 11:13, mindpunisher wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gimmie a break..

By all means, no one is asking you to read or post.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Hi Amira,

Thank you for your PM asking for my real name and also for the subtle insinuation that I stole your pdf. Very classy. I sympathise with you and don't think anyone deserves to be stolen from ever, however I feel you can become overly sensitive. I will send you my real name for verification but I will ask that you don't share it with anyone else.

Thanks
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Curious the Acidius Novus and the wallet peeks are just as similar to a card peek in the deck, was this ever referenced in their descriptions?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
This whole controversy can be solved in under one minute, which is the time it takes to add one line of text, convert to PDF and upload to your server.

I’ll even write the credit (feel free to use it or not, at your discretion)

“Peeki, while similar in nature to Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus and various other related techniques, is unique in that the handling is applied not to a billet, but to the wallet itself.”

Problem solved?
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
“Peeki, while similar in nature to Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus and various other related techniques, is unique in that the handling is applied not to a billet, but to the wallet itself.”

I would also add:

“Peeki, while similar in nature to Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus and various other related techniques, is unique in that the handling is applied not to a billet, but to the wallet itself. It was a discovery that I independently stumbled upon or created.”
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-02-28 11:56, ElliottB wrote:
This whole controversy can be solved in under one minute, which is the time it takes to add one line of text, convert to PDF and upload to your server.

I’ll even write the credit (feel free to use it or not, at your discretion)

Problem solved?

Common sense at last.

I realised that I have been having two arguments here. One is whether something should be credited and why. The other is J Pragers situation.

The first for me is a minefield, but personally I would always do whatever I could to make sure credits went to deserving parties and too much is always better than not enough.

As for the second. I would never defend a lack of crediting, however I defended J Prager as I think he did create these ideas independently and has great potential. I would hate for him to be put off releasing his ideas. Now I know he had advise regarding BITE but I know for sure there have been things I got wrong on the first, second and even third or more attempts. Especially when I was enthusiastic. I think he was run up the mast more than was necessary.

Anyhow I will stop being the Henry Fonda to your Ed Begleys.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yikes! I just found out about a rare book that I was never able to get my hands on. It just goes to show how tough crediting can be sometimes. It seems that no matter how much I research a subject, I can’t help sticking my foot in mouth from time to time Smile
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Quote:
In general, any method that peeks the info on a folded billet without unfolding the billet is using a variation of Acidus Novus. Holding the card with one hand, two hands, right side up, upside down, or sideways does not change what the peek is. Changing the fold to have more or less offset is also still the same peek. Giving the peek another name also does not change what it is!

I own the rights to Toast. It doesn’t matter how you make it, it’s still Toast, and you must ask my permission to eat it. If you make it in a toaster, or bake it in an oven, it’s still Toast. If you use white bread or whole wheat, even if you throw on some raisins and cinnamon, it’s still Toast.

Even though it was ripped off by Waffle House, and even if your mum discovered it independently, she should have done research before serving it to her family.

Never mind that I didn’t invent bread, or even cooking in general, but if you take a piece of bread in any form, and cook it in any form, it’s Toast, and it belongs to me.

Hmmm…

No opinion, just, Hmmm…

Croutons anyone?
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeki (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL