The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeki (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3490 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, magic4545 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, Amirá wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, paul180 wrote:
Interesting how this thread was resurrected after laying dormant for over 6 years? What's the point? And why is beating a dead horse something we are interested in? Seems like some just need something to bitach about.

It is sad that this happens. I prefer not to talk about this, but this is not a dead horse at all. He still sells this.
Jimmy has all the rights to offer his perspective, me as well.

I agree. I only just found out that this had happened.

Most of the people who have a problem with creative people trying to avoid being ripped off and discredited are usually those who have never created anything worthwhile.

Despite this being several years old, I'm glad to know the truth.

Even if you created sock puppet accounts (and I'm not at all saying you did), that is not at all in any way comparable to directly stealing a routine and selling it as your own.

I have only bought a few effects from Jose, but this definitely puts me off from getting any in the future.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1845 Posts

Profile of Prager
Get the facts right.

This is a PDF that I don't sell at my site anymore so long ago I can't even remember.

I've just found out it's listed on lybrary.com with zero downloads in years.

I asked Criss to remove it, not because I think it is not an original idea, I just don't care about it anymore. I consider I was a kid when I created it. I have far more better methods today.

Jimmy yes you posted as if being someone else using your username which I find to silly to be true.
Do you want me to post screenshots?

Jimmy you should credit Millard Longman as Pablo Amira once pointed out Peeki was clearly a ripoff of AN lol.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
Despite this being several years old, I'm glad to know the truth.

Even if you created sock puppet accounts (and I'm not at all saying you did), that is not at all in any way comparable to directly stealing a routine and selling it as your own.

I have only bought a few effects from Jose, but this definitely puts me off from getting any in the future.

I get your feeling. I've also purchased a couple of Jose's effects and I felt the same way. He said he would refund me the 5 USD (Jul 29, which I saved the print)... but I haven't seem it done yet.

I wont even argue "facts" here because even a criteria blatantly obvious such as an unaltered envelope he considers not examinable and an altered envelope he considers examinable, for the sake of twisting facts in his favor. Plus he will strike posts endorsing any truth against him so, it's pointless to bring facts to a discussion involving his name. I wouldn't believe it if I haven't seem with my own eyes, but I'm glad there are witnesses.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Hey guys why don't we bring up every controversy, to have ever been made in the Café and litigate them all over again? Wouldn't that be productive? sigh!
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, paul180 wrote:
Hey guys why don't we bring up every controversy, to have ever been made in the Café and litigate them all over again? Wouldn't that be productive? sigh!

Paul, knowing about the controversy in our business IS relevant.

Furthermore, you want to talk about being productive? Perhaps you should look yourself in the mirror when reviving a 4 year old topic for a joke: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=504608

I don't see what morals you have to make such claim after that. So please, if something serious bothers you, just don't get involved. Nobody is forcing you to it.
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
If you can't see the difference in resurrecting an old thread for a joke and bringing up a dead controversy then I can't explain it to you.

Carry on sir, I have to get back to something worth my wild.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, paul180 wrote:
If you can't see the difference in resurrecting an old thread for a joke and bringing up a dead controversy then I can't explain it to you.

Carry on sir, I have to get back to something worth my wild.

The problem is, as already pointed out, this isn't a dead controversy. But sure, go back you your super productive jokes!
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

tomd
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of tomd
I'd much prefer this thread to be brought back to life considering new information has come to light, and I'm very glad I've read Prager's replies.. I won't be buying anything from him again. Class act there.
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
To specifically Last Laugh and TomD, of course what you do with your money is your business and how you make up your mind on who to and not to support is again your business.

But if I can offer this last and final point on the controversy and it's resurrection, when first debated a conclusion that Jose had developed Peeki INDEPENDENTLY of anything else and that his use of the method applied to a wallet was original. Now if in fact (and I don't nor do you) know this for sure, is that he bought the portfolio version before releasing Peeki then there might be an issue? However some of the best and brightest in our art have chosen to trust Jose, with their work and also collaborate with him IN SPITE of the controversy.

Luke Jermay, Peter Turner, Matt Mello, Lewis Le Val, Fraser Parker and others have all given Jose the benefit of the doubt and honestly that's good enough for me. The fact is that this isn't being sold by Jose anymore and with such stellar endorsements by respected mentalists, I will support Jose now and in the future. Even some of the biggest and most trusted names in our industry have been caught stealing but let me not be one, to speak ill of the dead.

Again it's your choice to do what you want but after 6+ years and for the reasons I've mentioned, you might want to reconsider?

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3490 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
That may be so, but take a look at Jose's response to Jimmy (and Pablo).

That would have been a great time to be gracious and own up to any issues that may be there and offer his own side. Instead, he attacked Jimmy (and did not deny the accusation, for that matter).

That's what bothered me. He didn't offer an explanation or apology, just an insult.

In this community, when these kinds of things come up, we need to be good to each other and own up to any mistakes we may have made. I understand the Jose was really a kid back then and he was in a hurry to market effects. But this is now and he still should be accountable for his actions - at the very least offering an explanation and acting gracious about it.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, paul180 wrote:
some of the best and brightest in our art have chosen to trust Jose, with their work and also collaborate with him IN SPITE of the controversy.

I wonder how many of the best in the business are even aware of all controversy that exists. A big amount of them don't even frequent the Café and the others rarely do. All of them are very busy, so taking them to justify any controversy could/would be at least biased.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem wise to bring other names on the matter... Nobody can speak for others, specially if you can't even be sure if they're aware of the matter.
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@Last Laugh - it's somewhat understandable that Jose reacts like this because getting lessons from moralists who rip off other people material aswell I suppose it's too much... isn't?

Quote:
How can you think of saying, 'Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3490 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I don't know. Has Jimmy ripped someone off? I honestly don't know if he has.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I haven't ripped off anyone. I came up with Peekfolio, Jose bought it, and then was 'inspired' by the workings to USE them. Pretty simple. And the little clique of Luke Jermay, Peter Turner, Matt Mello, Lewis Le Val, Fraser Parker don't know JACK about my work, because I'm not allowed to participate or be involved with lecturing. I have a long history with the person who arranges lectures, Scott Wells. Scott and I are from the same city, Houston, and he is very jealous and vengeful towards me for some reason. Locking me out at any opportunity. Mostly because of Magic Island's attempts to ostracize and discredit me in the 80's and 90's, when he was involved there. Thus, I'm not ever allowed to lecture at conventions, like Mindvention. I'm systemically absent.

Do you wonder why I have so many mentalism pieces, but you've never seen me work? Well, there's a reason. And it's not a happy, convenient story.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Oh, and I never posted as someone else, Jose. You're desperate.

Jimmy Fingers
www.jimmyfingers.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1710 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2017, magic4545 wrote:
I haven't ripped off anyone. I came up with Peekfolio, Jose bought it, and then was 'inspired' by the workings to USE them. Pretty simple. And the little clique of Luke Jermay, Peter Turner, Matt Mello, Lewis Le Val, Fraser Parker don't know JACK about my work, because I'm not allowed to participate or be involved with lecturing. I have a long history with the person who arranges lectures, Scott Wells. Scott and I are from the same city, Houston, and he is very jealous and vengeful towards me for some reason. Locking me out at any opportunity. Mostly because of Magic Island's attempts to ostracize and discredit me in the 80's and 90's, when he was involved there. Thus, I'm not ever allowed to lecture at conventions, like Mindvention. I'm systemically absent.

Do you wonder why I have so many mentalism pieces, but you've never seen me work? Well, there's a reason. And it's not a happy, convenient story.

It looks like your Penguin Live Lecture was very well received:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3205

Any chance you could do another lecture with Penguin and promote more of your material?
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Penguin magic completely screwed me over. Promised an amount and to promote 7 effects, then wanted to 'renegotiate' down to only one effect when I arrived in Columbus, Ohio to film. The agreement all of a sudden went from 5 figures to less than a third of what we'd agree upon. I've met a lot of dishonest people in this industry, but they are absolutely THE most sleazy that I've ever dealt with.

I won't be doing another lecture with them.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
It seems that Scott Wells is now on board with my existence. I was allowed to lecture in Houston, Texas for the first time ever, after 40 years of exclusion. It was absolutely surreal. I was another overnight success.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeki (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL