The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So whose fault is it anyhow? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am sure the over/under on this thread will be pretty slim but lets see if we can talk like adults.

I have heard people postulate that it is our presidents fault that the Egypt thingie is happening, that he has caused this or that by appearing weak. Also that it spiraled into the unrest in other places. I will be the first to admit that I'm all for pinnng anything on him we can, but isn't it a bit of a reach to try to pin things on him that have been happening since literally the beginning of recorded time? Seriously we should blame him for the solar flares also in my view LOL.

I mean sure he could handle things differently, maybe take a different posture or what not, but seriously is it his FAULT? Ahhh just confused is all sorry. As I said lets blame him for whatever we can. As I understand it he had a hand in that whole killing Lincoln thing. (In my view it makes as much sense.) I just guess politics is getting too "politicy" for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Heh. Obama can't win. If he does anything about Egypt, he's doing too much. If he does less, he's not doing enough.

I think he played it smart by staying short of outright asking Mubarak to step down. That way, if Mubarak didn't step down, he wouldn't appear weak, but he also wouldn't appear to be the bully by forcing a foreign dictator to resign. That said, I'm also guessing there was quite a bit of maneuvering by our government that we didn't hear about.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've not heard anyone blame Obama but then again I tend not to watch the news networks most point their boney fingers at. I don't think they really gave much thought to what Obama thought or what he says.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Obama, you know, the shadow leader of the UK.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
No I don't think its anything to do with him. I think its all to do with the price of food really.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 22:42, Dannydoyle wrote:
I am sure the over/under on this thread will be pretty slim but lets see if we can talk like adults.

I have heard people postulate that it is our presidents fault that the Egypt thingie is happening, that he has caused this or that by appearing weak. ... politics is getting too "politicy" for me.

Some people seem to have taken Mavis Beacon as their leader and type all sorts of things. Often the same sort who expect their own personal beliefs will seen sensible and best practice for others.

Egypt and Libya are not as of yet parts of our country and the folks that live there can decide on their own what they'd like for a government.
Perhaps their armies want to get paid directly by our foreign aid payments?

I wish them the best.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 23:49, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Often the same sort who expect their own personal beliefs will seen sensible and best practice for others.

That's just about all of us, in varying degrees. I'm glad that my elected officials agree that it's sensible and best practice to use force to incarcerate people who disagree with my personal belief that they shouldn't kill, rape, or rob people.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
What BLAME would the President earn even if he had gotten this particular ball rolling?

One less dictator in the world is usually a good thing, isn't it?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
I have a feeling , being a Mystic and all...that all these world events are meant to happen in the way they are happening.

One thing I can't stand is people blaming people for it...like Obama...who does he blame is what I'd like to know.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Some dictators seem to be doing okay and flying beneath the radar. You may be surprised by some countries that are dictatorships.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 23:54, LobowolfXXX wrote:
... I'm glad that my elected officials agree that it's sensible and best practice to use force to incarcerate people who disagree with my personal belief that they shouldn't kill, rape, or rob people.

They being who? Most in power use armies or at least the police under the auspices of "internal security" to keep their hands clean. And you say they check with you before ordering those robberies etc? Impressive. Or perhaps those are Mavis Beacon's beliefs?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 00:36, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 23:54, LobowolfXXX wrote:
... I'm glad that my elected officials agree that it's sensible and best practice to use force to incarcerate people who disagree with my personal belief that they shouldn't kill, rape, or rob people.

They being who? Most in power use armies or at least the police under the auspices of "internal security" to keep their hands clean. And you say they check with you before ordering those robberies etc? Impressive. Or perhaps those are Mavis Beacon's beliefs?

"They" being "people who disagree with my personal belief that they shouldn't kill, rape, or rob people." To the extent that not all killing is wrong, I agree that "murder" would be a better word choice.

The part after "And you say" doesn't sound at all like anything I said, but if it helps you make your point, feel free to ascribe various positions to me. I think what I said was, I'm glad that they agree. By agree, I meant the first definition in both Random House and Harper Collins, roughly "to have the same opinion or view." But I bet you really know they didn't consult with me, you sly dog!

Memo to self: Tell JT that Chance has hacked his account.

If my previous post was at all unclear, Jon, it was in response to your suggestion that there was a particular "sort" who "expect their own personal beliefs will seen (sic) sensible and best practice for others." My post was to suggest that for all intents and purposes, there is no such "sort." We ALL expect that.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Don't be hating on Mavis! She's a good woman!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 00:17, Christopher Rinaldi wrote:

One thing I can't stand is people blaming people for it...like Obama...who does he blame is what I'd like to know.

Bush.

(Lol. I couldn't pass up that set-up line.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 07:25, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 00:17, Christopher Rinaldi wrote:

Bush.

(Lol. I couldn't pass up that set-up line.)

Ok now we have a problem, you beat me to that one! Grrrr. Darn funny dude.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"President Obama required stitches when he was elbowed during a basketball game over the holiday. Out of force of habit, he blamed George Bush.". -Jay Leno.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Where did he get that Irish name from?

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He was born in Ireland...they changed it from O'bama when they moved here.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
BIRTHER! BIRTHER!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So whose fault is it anyhow? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL