The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Follow Up Question: Producing a Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
So, follow up question to my last one:

For those of you who uses a rabbit, what do you use to produce the rabbit?

What have you found that works well, and is safe for the rabbit?

Thanks!

RevJohn
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Both rabbit productions that I have are Test Tube Bunny & Circus Wagon. My rabbit is very comfortable with both. Sometimes she doesn't want to leave the Test Tube (only in practice) but she is a true professional when she is on stage.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I highly recommend a drawer box. First, it fools (adults even) which I never imagined. You can leave it cracked open an inch, so there's plenty of air, and you can peak on your buddy during the show.
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I use a pet presto that was produced by Barry Mitchell. I don't think he makes them any more. One was for sale on ebay last week cheap. I also have an Abbotts production box and a cage production ala lady to lion which is an awesome production. All are audience surround proof. After doing hundreds of birthday parties I use only angle proof easy set up equipment and tricks.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I also use the Circus wagon. You can keep the rabbit in it during the show (NOT LOADED) and Load it moments before you do the production. I like the circus wagon but I am looking to change it up to something different as it will not fit the theme of an upcoming show that I am putting together. I am thinking of going with either the draw box or a duck bucket, not sure wich yet.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
351 Posts

Profile of magicone
I use this balloon to box: http://www.martinka.com/martinka/auction......ID=17429

I purchased a used one on *bay three years ago and have been lucky enough to find two others as backups since. I can't imagine using anything else. The bunny has lots of room and the air holes on the bottom are plentiful and large.

If you can find one buy it, it's either Milson Worth or Chalet (I've seen them advertised as both)
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The Presto Production Box coachc mentions is among my favorite, as are the Wolf Funhouse and Happy Day (the spring present from birthday card to box production . . . I think this one's on Hank Lee's site).
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The Presto Production Box coachc mentions is among my favorite, as are the Wolf Funhouse and Happy Day (the spring present from birthday card to box production . . . I think this one's on Hank Lee's site).
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I've used a bunch. My favorite is Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box.
Mister Mystery
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Abbott's looks very nice! Might have to check that out.

Thank you all for your insights, and suggestions. Would still love to hear more!

John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Some more options for you:

--> Livestock Magic page on the Fairchild Magic website

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
3D Bunny Box
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Donald,

Thanks! Have you had good luck with this company and quality?

This leads to another question...

How does the balloon breaking on some of these productions affect the bunny... granted, the screaming kids might be more of a concern, but just wondering.

John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
John -

I don't perform livestock magic.

I haven't ordered from Fairchild Magic yet, but his website is one of my favorites. There are several items I want to get from him in the next while. Also, I've heard good things about his products.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
I have Great Pumpkin from Fairchild Magic and I love it! It is welled made, super easy, and gets a great reaction!
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
I have Test Tube Bunny, and, while I don't use livestock, I can see how easy it would be to do.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
This is the way I do it mostly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ-v0jTWf9A
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 11:46, RevJohn wrote:
Donald,

Thanks! Have you had good luck with this company and quality?

John

John, I can vouch for Fairchild Magic. Joe Eddy is a fabtastic builder, and he will stand behind his products.

Regan
Mister Mystery
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
I have been using Barry Mitchell's Pet Presto for years and feel that it is the only type of livestock production item that my rabbit is comfortable in. With the exception of an item I purchased here at the Café a few months ago which works very similarly to the PP and also holds my rabbit quite comfortably.

On the other hand, I purchased a Duck Bucket intending to use it as in alternate for producing my rabbit but found that it just seemed too small. My rabbit is approximately 6 lbs and everyone tells me to use the Duck Bucket but I believe she would be way to uncomfortable in it. I have also found that a lot of the time when an advertisement for a livestock production item states that it can hold a very large rabbit...mine won't fit in it. I didn't think that a 6 lb. rabbit was that large...perhaps I am wrong.

Anyways, I like the Pet Presto...though I haven't seen them around lately.

Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Wolly, The rabbit that I've used for over 150 shows also weighs at least 6 pounds. Of course when I first got her I was told that she would not get very big because she was some type of a dwarf rabbit. But she got too big for the circus wagon I had at the time so I had to make my own circus wagon not shown in my video.
So I say to anyone purchasing a bunny. They just might outgrow the prop you use to produce them.
My new bunny, shown in my video is a Netherland Dwarf and I saw her parents and her Grand-parents.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Follow Up Question: Producing a Rabbit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL