The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Follow Up Question: Producing a Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
Thanks Wizardpa,

Your Netherland Dwarf in your video is a lot smaller than my bunny. Yes, I was also told my "Polish" bunny was a dwarf and would not get very big...but she did outgrow the props as you mentioned. My bunny is very near "retirement" and will need to be replaced soon. I will have to look into the Netherland Dwarf breed. I am looking for the smallest breed that I can find.

Thanks again for the tip,
Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Found a local breeder in a very near by town, so will be talking to them as my research continues!

Thanks!

RevJohn
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
A good, reputable breeder is a huge plus! Get a book on dwarf bunnies too if you can. It helps to learn all you can about them before you actually bring one home. You also may learn some signs that might save you from getting a "so-called" dwarf that turns out to be huge.
Mister Mystery
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thanks for the suggestion. Will pick up a book for sure! I have two good leads here in the area. So I will check both of them out!

John
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Were can one view a Pet Presto? Can't find any info on line. Is it an older prop?
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
That would be "where".
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
I bought my Pet Presto several years ago. Perhaps Barry Mitchell is not making them anymore though I thought I saw something similar online somewhere a couple of weeks ago. I will have to check.

Coachc mentioned in his post above that he has seen a Pet Presto on eBay recently.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
The bunny you see in my video is only 6 weeks old. She will get bigger. But, I have seen her parents and grand-parents.
I'm curious, wbzwolinski, or anyone else, how do you know a bunny is close to retirement age?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
From what I have found/heard... Barry Mitchell used to make it, but is not longer.

Looking for one to purchase myself.

John
Tony Ellis
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Tony Ellis
Abbotts has a great livestock production bag. I use it and my top hat to perform a seldom seen but classic illusion of magic.
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
Well wizardpa, I'm honestly not sure. Mine is 16 years old now and I was told when I got her that they typically have a lifespan of 10-15 years...so, I figure she's got to be close, one way or the other. That, and the fact that she's asking about her pension plan.

Wolly
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......NY%20BOX

Nice Load Space
Nice Plot ( Drawing the rabbit )
Can Be customized
Nice Size
Nice Air Holes
Descent Price

From years of using the "Wagon" Im trying this right now and works VERY VERY WELL!!!!
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
The response I get from the production of a real rabbit is so great that I worried about what I would do if something happened to my 3+ year old bunny. That is why I got my new bunny. Now I have a lot of new ideas since I got my Netherland Dwarf. Even full grown she will be half the size of my 3 year old bunny.
I'm almost finished building almost duplicate props of what I used to produce my bunny. Now I can have my 10 year old Grand-daughter/assistant do a Do as I Do routine. Of course she'll produce the smaller bunny and I the larger one. Also I can produce my small bunny, from a production box and place her into my rabbit wringer and wring out a large flat rabbit. Place that into my circus wagon and presto, my baby rabbit has now grown into an adult. I could call my rabbit wringer a time machine.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Hansel,

That bunny box looks great.

John
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Yep! And works very well!!!!!!!!!!!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Does anyone have a photo of Barry Mitchell's Production as mentioned earlier in this thread?

Would like to know that I am looking the correct item, and I have no idea what this even looked like.

Thanks!

RevJohn
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Revjohn,
I've got the Abbott's SUpreme bunny vanish, the one with the cloth that pops off, Bunny Bucket or Duck bucket, Test Tube bunny, Chalet Blammo box, Chalet Bunny Wringer.
I've got the Chalet Blammo box for vanishing a Rabbit in the Hat puppet and the appearance of my Big White Bunny, he is at least 3-4 lbs. I just got 2 beautiful brother & sister, Netherland Dwarf Black bunnies. I liked that idea of producing one in a test Tube then vanishing the bunny and making him appear in a different box all the way across the stage also. I wanted a way to produce a bunny but I really liked the idea of using the Rabbit in hat puppet, telling the kids he is not real and that he can't do magic but he actually does end up doing magic and then vanishing and producing the big white bunny. I had 2 Black bunnies but they weren't Netherland Dwarf bunnies and wouldn't fit in hardly any of the props I wanted to use them for, so I found them a new home and also found a great breeder specializing in nothing but Netherland Dwarf bunnies. I told her I wasn't interested in breeding them and didn't need a pedigree so got them for $20 apiece, brother and sister. I've also got her looking out for me for an all white with blue eyes...
I also found a great pdf booklet online about making cages from all wire plus the stand is made from PVC pipe, really easy to do.
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Follow Up Question: Producing a Rabbit (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.75 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL