The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taste.Buds - By Imagine Magic's Drew Slee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
DESCRIPTION from Imagine Magic
http://www.imaginemagic.org/Product--Taste-Buds.html

Taste.Buds is an impromptu effect. No gimmicks involved throughout the entire effect.
Taste.Buds is built around an easy to do method, which is 100% foolproof.

Show five ordinary or even borrowed Styrofoam cups, and poor a little drink into each of the cups. Put a lid onto the cups. Each cup has a different drink in it. When the magician turns his back, the spectator will drink from one of the cups. The magician turns back around and immediately knows what drink the spectator has just drunk.

Important Notes:

• You never handle the cups as the liquid is being poured in
• The cups can be borrowed
• NO gimmick, no marking
• NO fishing
• NO Psychology
The method is undetectable to the untrained eye.

This is TASTE.BUDS

$8.95 - Instant Download - Ebook

After reading the PDF for Taste.Buds, I feel Drew has something good going with this effect. It is a fun effect that allows the magician to "get into the mind" of the spectator. It also involves them in the trick, and the very reason they believe their choice is undetectable is the reason it can be instantly known. The ebook is short and sweet at about 12 pages but covers all the bases you need to know to do the trick and Drew has even included a brief "Taste" of his own patter, although he encourages you to come up with your own. It is a unique trick that I believe I will be doing when the time arises. It is fun and worth the money. Check it out, Matt Sconce

You can find Taste.Buds here: http://www.imaginemagic.org/Product--Taste-Buds.html
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I liked it very much !!!

Before I read it I thought I knew what I would find in it. But I was wrong, the method was different from anything I might have expected.

Here I made a more detailed Overview about the effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWHC2d6XGMo

Hugs

Nefesch
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Got a 404 error on the link Matt posted, but this one works.
http://www.freewebstore.org/Imagine-Magi......914.aspx

And here's the link to order the download, which isn't instant but is only $4.00.
http://store.payloadz.com/details/950096......uds.html

Looks interesting. I ordered, but still waiting for them to accept payment and send the download even though it says it's an instant download.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Avaliable as instant download and for only 4 USD here: http://mindshocks.com/products/taste-buds-by-drew-slee
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
I had a conversation with Drew and the oficial price is 10 USD.

Taste.Buds is worth a lot more than 10 USD!
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Why not settle on a price before making something available for purchase? It's $8.50, no it's $4, I changed my mind now it's $10.....

Regardless, I placed my order from Imagine Magic at the $4 price advertised, expecting an instant download since that is also what was advertised. I still haven't received it, hopefully it will be sent soon.

I see that there is now a 404 error on the first link I posted, but the second link for purchasing the pdf (for $4) is still working. Not sure what is going on but hope it gets cleared up soon.
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Very bad marketing technique and very bad TASTE.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I'd like to know which link would allow me to support the creator directly...
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Drew has contacted me and has gone above and beyond to make up for the situation. We still aren't sure what happened, seems there was a glitch somewhere in the system. Good customer service, thanks Drew.

I haven't had a chance to give it a good read, but after a quick glance through it I would give this a thumbs up.

George
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-08-31 23:46, Hassidic Top Hat wrote:

This one: http://mindshocks.com/products/taste-buds-by-drew-slee

It is ONLY avaliable at MindShocks.com
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3331 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:

Actually the real creator of this type of routine is Bobby Mota, who released his professional stand up routine with Promystic. This is a cheap rip off with no credit. When I asked J Prager about it, his response was $1400 vs $10

Really classy... Not
CharlieBlack
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of CharlieBlack
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 04:02, looch wrote:
Quote:

Actually the real creator of this type of routine is Bobby Mota, who released his professional stand up routine with Promystic. This is a cheap rip off with no credit. When I asked J Prager about it, his response was $1400 vs $10

Really classy... Not

Good Day Looch!

I have a question regarding this. Does it consider a rip off if the presentations are alike? Unless you are talking about the method is the same which I highly doubt so for the difference in price.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5126 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 04:02, looch wrote:
Quote:

Really classy... Not

Looch, I wonder why do you think that performers can be owners of premises?

Of methods, obviously, and that deserves respect in a legal or ethic way, but if this is a different methodology I don't see the problem with that.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3331 Posts

Profile of Looch
Because Amira, from what Ive been told no contact with Motta was made. No credit or nod in the direction of bobby for the premise.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5126 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Fair Smile

That´s important in that case.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Is it supposed to have the exact same presentation as Motta's one?
Only their huge difference in methods makes me higly doubt that they can be identical as effects.

Harrismatic
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I contacted Jose about this today and have just received an email that he is taking steps to resolve this issue. I agree with Looch, Bobby should have been contacted (and perhaps he was) requesting permission to release this routine. At the very least permission should have been gained to use the base routine for this effect and proper crediting should have been added to the eBook. One of my biggest concerns was that this release appears to have piggy backed on the marketing efforts of Bobby Motta in regards to the .taste logo. Using a similar typeface and the "dot" in the logo is somewhat deceptive. Jose was unaware of this when it was added to his site.

I'm sure that Jose will resolve this soon.
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
And? This ebook has proper credit? Or it´s other miss from Mr. Prager?
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 09:06, looch wrote:
Because Amira, from what Ive been told no contact with Motta was made. No credit or nod in the direction of bobby for the premise.

Sir:
You have been told WRONG!
So let me provide you with real information:

1) A different handling and method of an effect is not a rip off, this is the case with this manuscript.
2) Proper Credit is given in the Manuscript, obviously you do not own the manuscript yet, whomever told you that there is no credit given to Mr. Motta, that person told you wrong!
3) Neither the routine, effect, handling nor method are the same from Bobby Mota, never the less due of the respect to other creators the right credit is clearly mentioned in the Pdf.

Nefesch
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 06:55, Nefesch wrote:

Sir:
You have been told WRONG!
So let me provide you with real information:

1) A different handling and method of an effect is not a rip off, this is the case with this manuscript.

True. However it is always polite to obtain permission from a creator who has previously released an EXTREMELY similar routine, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
2) Proper Credit is given in the Manuscript, obviously you do not own the manuscript yet, whomever told you that there is no credit given to Mr. Motta, that person told you wrong!

Incorrect. The PDF has no crediting whatsoever for Bobby Motta's .taste (and I do have a copy).

Quote:
3) Neither the routine, effect, handling nor method are the same from Bobby Mota, never the less due of the respect to other creators the right credit is clearly mentioned in the Pdf.

Again, there was no credit in the original PDF, but of course that could have been changed by now.

So, Looch is correct and unfortunately my friend you are wrong. I also notice that you didn't address how identical the two logos are. Rather sneaky if you ask me. Again this is no reflection upon mindshocks but on the creator himself.

Quote:
On 2011-09-01 23:09, magic.mind wrote:
And? This ebook has proper credit? Or it´s other miss from Mr. Prager?

No need to attack Jose regarding this, he didn't create and market the effect; he is purely offering the creator a place to host it. I had similar issues like this when running imentalism. And as stated above Jose is attempting to sort this out with the creator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taste.Buds - By Imagine Magic's Drew Slee (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL