The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witch of Glastonbury (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Paul, appreciate the update. Hopefully the postal service will come through by the end of next week. I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know.
Thanks
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
I ordered books from Paul, right after ordering the Witch set. I received the books 2 days later. As Paul states the cards were not scanned in sooo the USPS has no record of them. I'm waiting and hope they show up in the next few days. Unfortunately the USPS is not always predicable or reliable in making prompt deliveries.

Paul- keeping fingers crossed here for the cards.

Changing a bit I have spent time with Paul's books "Malificium" and "Medicine Show Magic"- all I can say is Wow- great job ; lots of good ideas in both. For those of you here in the "spooky" part of the Café, "Malificium" very much follows ideas and thoughts that were presented by our beloved Curator in his "Capricornian Tales" and "hauntiques" there are also hints from Froughtan in "Dark Waltz". I am very impressed and am on my third reading now. Please consider purchasing Paul's books- not just for his effects but for his thinking and tips. As I said to him in email- I just wish I lived closer so I could see him work live and pick his fertile brain. Thanks Paul for your courtesy and honesty. --- John
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Ah yes media mail. I was wondering where mine were at. That explains it. Not a problem, I am patient. I'll look for it sometime this coming week - media mail can take a while longer.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
888 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Mine showed up, Media Mail and all. They are very cool and well made. Please add me to your list of received orders and happy customers.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Thanx for the info Paul. Being in Canada, these may take quite a while to get here. No worries though! I do appreciate the fact that you wanted to save us as much in shipping as you could.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
All,

Here is a perfect example of what a poor job our post office did. Necroloid's was actually scanned in and shipped on March 1. I also sent a few shipements to the UK on the same date, which have already arrived. All international shipments were shipped priority.

Chad, USPS shows your arrived in NC on Friday so you should have it within a day or two. Some people in Cali got theres in 4 days. In checking all orders, I saw the post office scanned in one for yesterday for being processed in Little Rock. I dropped it off on the first.

Our firm has had problems frequently with the downtown post office. Not only will I not be using media mail, I will not be dropping anything off downtown. Again, I thank you for the support and apologize for this ridiculous situation.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Hi Paul You are to hard on your postal system. It can take up to 3 weeks for a package to pass custums up here. I think there is a good chance it might show monaday. Either way, I am more than confident it will show.
Andre
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Happy to report that the tracking info on my set has at last been updated and it appears to be on the way..Thanks for keeping us all informed Paul..
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Hey, I'm an Outlaw kinda guy - I know all about being patient and waiting on good things to come. Smile
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
766 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Just got mine today! Thanks Paul
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Received in today's mail. All is well.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Just got mine as well. Looking forward to reading through it!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
After playing with this for a while I must say that I am even more impressed. The instructions are simple and the stories are great for getting the creative juices flowing and for helping you come up with your own unique versions. The cards themselves are very nicely done (I keep smelling them, as they smell old and mysterious...) and the design of the cards are a nice touch - both the artwork and the way they are made to help with the "moves."

Might I add that the video demo was great for showing the handling - I liked being able to read the instructions, then watch the video again to have all the "moves" connect instantly.

Also, a shout out to Mr. Peter Marucci for the original routine and for giving his permission for Paul to go forward with this.

Excellent job all around.

Chad
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I received this yesterday! What a great product.
Even the production value and design of the instructions are top notch.
The cards are really well made and quite mysterious looking.

I am very impressed. A big congrats to all involved.
This is a story routine with tarot cards that you will use.

Bravo!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Paul,
Congratulations on the GREAT job you've done of The Witch of Glastonbury.All the kind words here on this forum are well-deserved.
Peter
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Thanks again to everyone for the positive words and patience.
hiero
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of hiero
Hi, I also recieved the package 2 days ago! And its awesome! You guys did a really great job! It is very easy to do, but it hits hard!
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
343 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings Everyone...

I too received my set...and I'm very impressed with the idea of the presentation and equally impressed with the instruction booklet, storyline, and the cards. At the risk of offending some of the great card workers out there...I'm one of those that loath card tricks. I've always felt that there is only one card trick...the spectator selects a card...the magician reveals what card they selected.

The variance comes into play by way of the thousands of ways the selected card can be revealed. So, I almost passed on The Witch of Glastonbury...until I read the posts...about the story and the Tarot cards involved. As it turned out, albeit, cards are used as the star props of the effect...it is really the story and the presentation of the cards that are the real effect.

My congrats to all involved...so even if you don't like card tricks...you might want to treat yourself on this particular item...especially if you do anything with Tarot cards or related storylines.

Continued Success...
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2156 Posts

Profile of RCP
This is a well-received fun and easy effect. More importantly Paul is a standup guy with impeccable customer support. Highly recommend! He has some very good books as well…………
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Hi all,
Like Dr. Dan, I'm no fan of card tricks; and I conceived of the witch because of that.
Paul has done a wonderful job on the witch and I am happy to read so many positive responses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witch of Glastonbury (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL