The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » In Session with Aaron Fisher! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
In Session with Aaron Fisher

I wanted to write a review for this the moment the chat with Aaron ended, but to be honest I have no idea where to begin. So I guess I will start from the beginning, and you would think that would be when we made the call on Skype and started chatting. But with Aaron that couldn’t be further from the truth!

I sent a tweet to Aaron about the dribble pass a little over a week ago, and he could have just sent me to Ellusionist, told me to buy the hour session so he could teach it to me. But instead of just saying “yea sure I can show you how to do it” Aaron wanted to know why I wanted to learn it. The next thing I know he is sending me his email and a questionnaire to fill out. Questions about me, how long I was in magic, what kind of magic do I like or dislike, and what magicians did I like to watch! He was getting to know me and I was getting to know him. And this all came before I paid a single dollar. To be fair he could have just taken the hundred dollars, taught me the dribble pass and ran away. But it was more important to him to know where I was at in my magic journey that way he could help me more.

Then came time to do the chat, I won’t even lie and say I wasn’t nervous. I was and it showed badly! Aaron started off just by talking and asking more questions about me and what I wanted to get out of the session. We talked about theory, and why the type of cull I wanted to learn wasn’t right for me. So we talked about different culls that would better suit me and what I wanted to accomplish.
Here is what I liked about it the most. Aaron was honest with me. When he saw something that I was doing that he didn’t think was right, he told me about it. And that’s what I wanted to hear, we as magicians are usually too nice to tell someone when something looks bad. But he told me why it was bad and how to fix it. He gave praise, and he gave criticism and what else could you ask for? He is a funny guy and he has a passion about magic that is infectious. He just wants to teach you a better way of performing magic, and you can tell that it’s important to him that magic is done correctly.

We ended up talking for over an hour and going over a few more things, double lifts, false cuts, and the classic pass to name a few. But we also talked about being natural and economy of motion. He really wants you to think about magic in a different way. Instead of thinking about how many tricks you can learn.

I would recommend Aaron to the beginner as well as the guys who have been doing magic forever! Trust me if you go in with an open mind, you will learn something from him. I will be booking another session with him in a few weeks! Not only do I want to talk to him more and learn, but when you do a session with Aaron he gives you home work!! I have things he wants to see again after I’ve worked on it a bit and I can’t wait to see the improvement and show it to him also!

I know a hundred dollars sounds like a lot, but if you are serious about becoming better and you want to learn the right way, I cannot think of a better way to do it. Go book Aaron today especially for you guys who are just beginning your journey in magic. He can help keep you from wasting a lot of time and money because he will give you the tools and advice you need that will help keep you away from the “junk” You will not regret your decision trust me!
Brandon
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
I have way more then a hundred dollars of magic in my junk drawer so I totally agree with you Brandon a hundred bucks is a lot but Quality magic over quantity and Aron Fisher is quality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » In Session with Aaron Fisher! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL