The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » After touching your junk, TSA now wants to scan and harvest your DNA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I have to totally agree with the comment that Americans are so brainwashed (and I'll add complacent) that they'll go for anything without protesting. If what we're reading in these articles is correct, we're heading down a very bad path, but, then again, other empires have collapsed too.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, I'll give them my DNA, but I absolutely draw the line at the left pinky. Okay, the ring finger. Aw what the heck, just take the whole g.d. hand and leave me alone.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Who's not surprised? Who won't be surprised, if it's true, that the majority will go along to get along?

"Well I don't like it, they do need to keep us safe, so I un derstand. Freedom isn't free you know."

Meanwhile, in related news:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/......?ref=rss

TSA's "response" was:
"However, advanced imaging technology is an effective tool to detect both metallic and non- metallic items hidden on passengers,"

Yeah, clearly it's worked great so far.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Mr. Orwell, eat your heart out. Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that I and my Loved ones are safe.
I have nothing to hide, so if the authorities want to search my Home, Car or anything else, I will not argue the point.
It is a dangerous World we live in today, so we need these protective measures for our own good.
If taking DNA is going to provide protection for all of us, I say swab away, take my DNA.
We all need to do our part to help the Authorities fight crime and terrorism.
You all worry too much about "Privacy". What good is privacy if you are harmed in any way? Nobody is taking away our privacy.
Way too much fuss and worry about our rights. We still have our rights but not for long if we don't cooperate.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 06:57, irossall wrote:
I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that I and my Loved ones are safe.
I have nothing to hide, so if the authorities want to search my Home, Car or anything else, I will not argue the point.
It is a dangerous World we live in today, so we need these protective measures for our own good.
If taking DNA is going to provide protection for all of us, I say swab away, take my DNA.
We all need to do our part to help the Authorities fight crime and terrorism.
You all worry too much about "Privacy". What good is privacy if you are harmed in any way? Nobody is taking away our privacy.
Way too much fuss and worry about our rights. We still have our rights but not for long if we don't cooperate.
Iven Smile

Please tell me you're being facetious.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Anyone opposed to the New World Order is a terrorist. You are either with us or against us!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:

I guess this is the part that worries me. Smile
www.georgefledo.net

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 08:59, tommy wrote:
Anyone opposed to the New World Order is a terrorist. You are either with us or against us!

Weren't some cardinals during the Middle Ages in Europe saying that?
www.georgefledo.net

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We Aristocrats have been saying it far longer George. Smile

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 12:41, George Ledo wrote:
Quote:

I guess this is the part that worries me. Smile

As I said, "freedom isn't free!"

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Forget the other points about DNA all I gotta say is it is amazing how that science has advanced so quickly to where they can have a data base like finger prints. Geez, now adays you have to give your finger prints up for banking, it was more fun when you had to be in the service or arrested to be on file.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes its wonderful how things have advanced from numbers being tattooed on the arm.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Please....as if anyone cares what the average person it up to. When the lefties take over they won't even put numbers on us, they'll just burn off in the solar powered ovens.

By the way, have you ever met and talked to someone who had a tattoo of their ID number on their arm? It was a very real experience for those people and while their numbers are falling daily as they get older it will get your attention when you meet them. They went through a real hell yet the ones I've met (in Israel, none in the US) were very nice and interesting people.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Please....as if anyone cares what the average person it up to. Smile

Yes I have but they were only average people.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 23:40, tommy wrote:
Please....as if anyone cares what the average person it up to. Smile

Yes I have but they were only average people.

Yeah, this kinda points out the big hole in your post santa.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 21:14, MagicSanta wrote:

By the way, have you ever met and talked to someone who had a tattoo of their ID number on their arm? It was a very real experience for those people and while their numbers are falling daily as they get older it will get your attention when you meet them. They went through a real hell yet the ones I've met (in Israel, none in the US) were very nice and interesting people.

There used to be quite a number of concentration camp survivors in NYC. My childhood barber wore short sleeves while working, and I was always kind of terrified as a kid by the numbers on his arm. My mom said I wasn't supposed to say anything about them.

They, like most WWII vets such as my 94 year old father, are getting fewer and farther between.

BTW it isn't the left that is supporting the invasion of privacy that the Patriot Act allows. And no, the Democratic Party is not the left.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm putting down GDW and Tommy in fear of being rounded up, John gets put down as doing the rounding up....there.

Yeah, NYC had a number of them but I never saw them in Georgia or San Jose. You see the tattoo and then calculate in your head how old they were at the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » After touching your junk, TSA now wants to scan and harvest your DNA (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL