The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » After touching your junk, TSA now wants to scan and harvest your DNA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well it's all a tempest in a teapot--Fox News retracted their story:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103040004
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Tommy and GDW will still be rounded up through right?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 14:25, landmark wrote:
Well it's all a tempest in a teapot--Fox News retracted their story:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103040004

But what isn't bunk:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/bab......hpt=Sbin
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Some other evil govt department will test it...just not the TSA. We know their game.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 18:45, MagicSanta wrote:
Some other evil govt department will test it...just not the TSA. We know their game.

I don't doubt it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if TSA still ended up using them, just not as a 'collect from every passenger' thing, yet.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I am curious. When we had the draft and were finger printed. When we left the service did they destroy all of our finger print records? If not did it infringe on our privacy?

Quite honestly I do have to ask what harm is there in having ones DNA on file? I am not saying I condone it or am aganist it. However at this time I would want to know the pros and cons of such a system. Convince me as to why I should be for or aganist this.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't either, then again I'm not paranoid in that way.

For: It makes identification easier should you be bbq'd in a plane and also if there is a crime it is used the same as a finger print.

Against: It is the man attempting to control us....they may as well put a barcode on our foreheads. Then there is the clones....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16200 Posts

Profile of tommy
Have you heard of eugenics?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You mean my Aunt Eugenics from Oklahoma? I'm starting to think some of you really believe the govt gives a darn about what you are up to.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Though there are many frightening potential consequences, intended and not, such as "population control," it is really a matter of consent.

The "if you've got nothing to hide, what are you worried about" mentality is very flawed. It works just fine if it's something you are only being ASKED to do, but not at all if you are "required" to do it.

And if you've got nothing to hide, then maybe you should be asking, 'why are they looking?'

Also, why doesn't that go both ways? If the government is supposed to be working in our best interest, then why not have more transparency? Why is it the same people here who are so glib about this are much more adamantly opposed to those that wish to apply the same thinking to government?

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They are not 'looking'. Why let the little things bother you? Simple fact is you can, if anyone cared, be tracked unless you are underground and hiding and use disguises (which I'm not sure you don't). There are cameras everywhere, granted not in the US as it is in the UK, people use their bank cards, all that good stuff. Want to know what bothers me more than any of that? The fact that your employer reports that you work for them and that if a bank is asked to give over your account they just do it. When that happens it means they are targeting you so the not looking doesn't apply.

Just to let you know I'm against transparency. The regular person on the street should not have any information concerning troop movement, ship movement, or intelligence collecting. Don't worry about it. Heck, I think the govt releases TOO much information....again I'm refering to my govt not that govt you may or may not have up North in your homeland of Canada, where you are a citizen, and the govt that represents you in all you do. Last thing, you said 'those', when it comes to thinking like you do I've not met anyone who shares your opinions....so as far as I know you are it so say 'I' or 'me', don't try to drag others into it.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Gdw,

I have to ask why to this. "The "if you've got nothing to hide, what are you worried about" mentality is very flawed. It works just fine if it's something you are only being ASKED to do, but not at all if you are "required" to do it". end quote

Do you have a problem with a birth certificate and a social security number?

Also how does population control enter intothe picture? I am only asking because I do not know.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You are a trouble maker acesover!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 22:06, tommy wrote:
Have you heard of eugenics?

And some people talk about pro gun people being paranoid.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 23:18, MagicSanta wrote:
They are not 'looking'. Why let the little things bother you? Simple fact is you can, if anyone cared, be tracked unless you are underground and hiding and use disguises (which I'm not sure you don't). There are cameras everywhere, granted not in the US as it is in the UK, people use their bank cards, all that good stuff. Want to know what bothers me more than any of that? The fact that your employer reports that you work for them and that if a bank is asked to give over your account they just do it. When that happens it means they are targeting you so the not looking doesn't apply.

Just to let you know I'm against transparency. The regular person on the street should not have any information concerning troop movement, ship movement, or intelligence collecting. Don't worry about it. Heck, I think the govt releases TOO much information....again I'm refering to my govt not that govt you may or may not have up North in your homeland of Canada, where you are a citizen, and the govt that represents you in all you do. Last thing, you said 'those', when it comes to thinking like you do I've not met anyone who shares your opinions....so as far as I know you are it so say 'I' or 'me', don't try to drag others into it.

Santa, where was I referring to "those" and how I think? In fact, I am fairly certain my entire post was referring to the opinions of others NOT including myself.

As for transparency, so you think that the government, so called "public" servants, should not operate with more transparency, but you have no problem with forcing transparency onto "private" citizens? Man, you must love 1984 for all the wrong reasons.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 23:20, acesover wrote:
Gdw,

I have to ask why to this. "The "if you've got nothing to hide, what are you worried about" mentality is very flawed. It works just fine if it's something you are only being ASKED to do, but not at all if you are "required" to do it". end quote

Do you have a problem with a birth certificate and a social security number?

Also how does population control enter intothe picture? I am only asking because I do not know.

Absolutely, so long as they are "required." Do you have a choice in the matter of birth certificates and SSNs? I really don't see how people can say that any "social contract" is voluntary when there was no choice in where you were born, nor your registration with the government. That would be the exact opposite of voluntary. If you did not have a say in the matter, how can you be held to such a "contract?"

Any who, as for population control, how would a data base of everyone's DNA, in the hands of the people who license and regulate pretty much everything play into population control? Well I highly doubt there would be any thing so overt as telling people who they can and can not have sex with, there is a lot more that can be done with such information to, more indirectly, control populations.

Bill Gates thinks that they could control population with vaccines.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
First off they are not 'public servants', they are employees of the govt who may have as customers people in the general public. They do not work for you, that is the statement used to shut people up. I use to get that crap when I was in the Navy "hey, I'm a tax payer and YOU work for me!". I'd respond "I'm a tax payer also so I guess I work for me too, idiot".

Lets get down to brass tacks, what exactly do you feel the Canadian govt (remember you are a fuzz nut and not an American) needs to keep you informed of? Just list the top three at least. Don't tell me what you think the US govt should be transparent with, that is none of your concern, if you want to move to the US and become a citizen then you can make that list, until then lets focus on Canada under your president or prime minister or king or whatever you have Mr./Ms. Whatizname.

By the way, you clearly dislike Canada with a passion, exactly what country DO you want to be in?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
How about you first provide justifications for forcing other people to go along with things you "don't mind, so you don't see a problem with them?"

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Because a data base to use to properly identify criminals is a good thing both in convicting the guilty but protecting the innocent.

Here, maybe this will help you understand your country and better deal with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1yhp-_x7A
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 08:59, tommy wrote:
Anyone opposed to the New World Order is a terrorist. You are either with us or against us!

It's actually called Anglo-American World Empire. We know it as New World Order because it sounds nicer.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » After touching your junk, TSA now wants to scan and harvest your DNA (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL