The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S'plain the funeral protesters to me please.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm in.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 23:51, RS1963 wrote:
If they are allowed to protest. I (Or anyone else for that matter) should be allowed to shove tennis balls up their noses while they are protesting. It should be ruled that they can't fight against them being crammed, rammed, slammed into. or shoved up anywhere else either.

The First Amendment is very complex, and it's hard to decipher without a thorough understanding of the histoical backdrop against which the cases are analyzed. Although it's oversimplified, one way to think of it is that it strongly protects one's right to engage in political expression, but not one's right to commit assault and battery.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
...and isn't that just annoying?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2719 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Yes I know that lobo and I wasn't being serious with that post. I was only wanting to show that it would make as much sense as the allowing them to protest at funeral services does.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-03-06 00:36, ed rhodes wrote:
...and isn't that just annoying?

Well, yeah. As was argued (very successfully) to the Supreme Court by Larry Flynt's lawyer, it ain't POPULAR free speech that requires Constitutional protection.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I agree. I may not like what they are doing but if they are not breaking other laws then I can't see how one can stop them, they also can't stop you from protesting them if you don't break laws yourself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S'plain the funeral protesters to me please.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL