The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S'plain the funeral protesters to me please.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
For the record, I think the guy that tore out the hippie eye is a d-bag too. And, ironically, he now has long hair and plays folk music.

As for Westboro, it's about money. The family that founded the church is dominated by individuals trained in law who have a history of crazy lawsuits.
Their best days are when someone tells them they can't protest somewhere so they can sue for having their 'rights violated.'
They are as inflamatory as possible because they want as hostile a response as they can get. More money in it. If one of them got punched they'd be throwing a party and then show up in a personal damages suit wearing a neck-brace.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Their protests are an income string. They're all lawyers and they make a substantial chunk of change by suing municipalities who try to bar them from "first amendment rights".
We have a street performer here who basically does the same thing. He receives so many complaints from the public about his offensive and repugnant behavior that the city tried on several occasions to restrict where and when he could work. He of course sued and won every case. The settlements of course being far more money than he could ever make from the tips he doesn't get.

Personally I can't wait to see the protesters at Fred Phelps funeral. He's 81 so he won't be with us much longer. I'm sure it will be a circus with thousands coming to wave their "god(s) hates those who think god(s) hates anyone" signs
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
If there is a God who demands that folks "be good," then boy are these guys in for a surprise.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 11:54, critter wrote:
If there is a God who demands that folks "be good," then boy are these guys in for a surprise.

If there is a God.

(I just had to say it... Smile)
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
There website, godhatesfags.com, was recently taken down by a hacker group. The family is banned from entering the UK. Search for them and mike Moore, he pulled a good trick on old Fred. On their site, they have a picture of Mathew Shepard, with flames all around him. If I thought there was a god, I would pray to her every minute that a bus runs that family over. (no kids, they have no control over their idiocy.)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Well we can't say for certain; throw a little prayer up to her let's see what happens. Can't hurt.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
The Westboro whackos are vile, hateful, and completely outside of mainstream Christianity. Their overdeveloped outrage at sinful behavior (which I agree is sinful behavior) has sapped all the love and decency out of them.

My favorite Christian radio talk host, Bob Dutko, has debated them on numerous occasions and was not able to crack their attitude.

Nevertheless, I'm glad the Supreme Court ruled the way it did. If they had decided that the speech of the Westboro whackos could be suppressed -- and remember that they do intentionally keep themselves on public property a certain distance away from the individuals they are attacking that day -- then we who love the Lord and also love sinful people might find our own peaceful activities put down by those who mischaracterize a message of truth and hope for salvation as "hate."

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16232 Posts

Profile of tommy
How much does a lion cost?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I agree with Carrie, in terms of the courts decision.

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The doing it to sue is fairly common. Lots of lawyers out there file suits for no reason other than to get paid off. They hate Ireland? Gee, that makes sense.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I guess that makes them anti-enviornment.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 09:04, Al Angello wrote:
They are unamerican.
They are. They're also insane. But we're not. We're big enough to accept them. That's why most of the world admires and respects us.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Watch the video I posted for a smile.

It REALLY bothers me they drag their kids to this crap. That should be abuse alone.

Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Some things shouldn't require laws - common decency and good manners should cover it.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah. What got me on those videos is that they are very mean spirited and don't even speak like a Christian based cult is expected to. They made Mansons girls seem happy go lucky. I'm a bit out of town for them to protest at our VA cemetary but if they tried it wouldn't be a happy place. We are full of pro military tweekers, those folks will go fight 'em.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4066 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 21:56, Destiny wrote:
Some things shouldn't require laws - common decency and good manners should cover it.

Amen.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2753 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 08:58, gsidhe wrote:
They protest the military because it protects a country that allows homosexuals (And Jews and Muslims, etc...)to exist without prosecution.
The very same military that protects their freedom to be (expletive deleted)
Gwyd

I still don't get it because allowing homosexuals to "exist" without prosecution is something recent in America. For years you could go to prison for being gay. And people died in wars during that time as well. So their argument makes no sense.

As far as the Supreme Court decision, the First Amendment means nothing if it doesn't support the right to express views we don't agree with.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Just wondering if they use sound equipment to amplify their message. Because that definitely is not protected speech.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S'plain the funeral protesters to me please.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL