The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shedding light on sex and violence in the brain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow. I'm slightly concerned about being able to trigger this with flashes of light.

Certainly that is an over simplification of optogenetics, buy it has scary implications.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
It would appear to require still altering the subject at least. Imagine when such methods move beyond that. That is, being able to externally trigger such things, with benign acts/stimuli like light.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Dang! And to think about how we had strobe lights in our band back in the last century. We were so unenlightened.

Haha, I made a pun. Oh, Magoo, you've done it again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shedding light on sex and violence in the brain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL