The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats your go-to-trick??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The last set I've done.

Recap (var.) with borrowed pen.
Pen thru borrowed bill.
Coin to pen cap.
Quick one coin trick with complete vanish.

A while back.
Coin to Key (var.) followed by Florida Keys.

A quickie I did recently was a production of 4 halve$.

It really depends on the situation and where we are.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 10:48, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
What is everyone's favorite go to effect when you have little or nothing on you for performing on the spot? I personally like 3/4 across of Greg Wilson's dvd On The Spot. I also smoke so I do a lot of sleight of hand magic with cigarettes. Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile

I am definitely a big fan of Greg Wilson. I usually perform his effect "A Questionable Trick" (Greg Wilson's dime and penny transposition which is also on his On the Spot DVD) and it seems to hit harder because it involves the spectator and it happens in the spectator's hand. I also perform 3/4 across and people have no idea how I do it, but, because "A Questionable Trick" involves the spectator participating in the effect and it happens in their hand I get better reactions from the spectators with that particular effect. 3/4 across is a good opening effect to perform in impromptu situations and "A Questionable Trick" is perhaps a good middle or closer effect in an impromptu situation.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
3/4 Across is my go-to as well. I think what I like about it the most is that it it's not just a trick, but basically a routine all by itself; if one doesn't feel in the mood to really do any more magic, it's fine to just do 3/4 Across as it has its own opening, middle, and ending. I also love that it's gaff-less, required some genuine skill & practice to master, and seems to hit harder than any other pure sleight-of-hand coin routine that I do. It really is one of the best coins-across routines ever released to the community.

I also really like Extreme Burn, but I don't always carry it on me unless I'm planning on doing an entire paper money magic routine.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
RPAYNE40S
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of RPAYNE40S
If nothing on me I use my pinkey. See Will Houstoun's DVD.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
A Questionable Trick by Greg Wilson is TOTAL GOLD! I tried a few times to routine this with Millikins Transposition and Tenkai Pennies but the three tricks together seemed to take away from the immense impact that A Questionable Trick held all by itself. Just my two cents (pun intended!).

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 20:33, Simon Mandal wrote:
Flight of the Paper balls / paper balls over the head.

This is a classic...LOVE IT! I used to do it on stage.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It takes a bit of time to master, but the linking cigarettes looks killer...and can be done right under their noses. No gaffs, gimmicks, etc.

Also, a deck of cards and Jay Sankey's Revelation Shirt will usually leave them with their jaws on the ground. It has 7 different revelations on it, so you can perform 7 different effects if you wish.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Yeah I will second the linking cigarettes, I have been on that one steady now for about a month and still having trouble with it. But lordy if you get it down it looks like real magic Smile

-Bobby Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 10:01, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Yeah I will second the linking cigarettes, I have been on that one steady now for about a month and still having trouble with it. But lordy if you get it down it looks like real magic Smile

-Bobby Smile

I just got it the other day, so haven't even really had time to play yet...and I have some stiffness in my hands due to disease, so not sure if I will even be able to master it...but I will try, because it looks terrific.

If not, there will be a DVD for sale! LOL
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Damian
If we're standing, I have a one-coin routine inspired by Kozmo's routine; ends, as does his, with coin to eye. Recap is also good while standing, if the right kind of pen is handy. I do TnR napkin in Cafés and restaurants a lot, also Starcle.
If I can borrow a ring, I'll do Gregory Wilson's version of Garrett Thomas' Ring Thing, as well as John Carney's ring and straw routine.
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
Another vote for Greg's stuff - his DVDs are a must for quality impromptu magic
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
+1 for 3/4 Across. Also, I use Gregory Wilson's Questionable Trick as well (it kills).
gibsoncrampton
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gibsoncrampton
Another great reaction, completely impromptu trick I like performing, in the right setting, is wayne houchins 'control'
FuManChu
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FuManChu
If you only have a deck of cards to entertain a crowd of at least 20 people I would go with Al Koran`s twenty card memory.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
If I'm going somewhere that I know is outdoors with canned beverages available I make sure to bring a sharpie and a quarter for performing "Sinful". Plenty of opportunities coming up with summer basically here. I usually have dice and/or safety pins on my person as well. I love these tworoutines, no table needed and impervious to almost any conditions.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
Torn and Restored napkin
D Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia
370 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Back when I used to perform it was ALWAYS Color Monte and the TT. Those two effects never failed to blow their minds.
The Wonder Company
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of The Wonder Company
I really love Ghost bills lately. And Danny Garcia's Jacobs Ladder. So visual.
Crazy Man's Handcuffs too.
all borrowed!
liqpix
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of liqpix
I love Daniel Garcias Pressure as well as Jacobs Ladder. - then dis- jointed...
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2489 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
My last performed tricks in the bar were:

- Ashes to palm (always an ashtray near)
- Use 3 dripmats for 3 card monte (just bend them and use ash from ashtray to mark one)
- Recap
- Chinese Matchsticks by Dai Vernon
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats your go-to-trick??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL