The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill Abbott performs magic for kids DVD question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Bought a Chico package on the big auction site.

Turns out that the DVD is a burned copy of "Bill Abbott Performs Magic For Kids."
This alone is enough to take issue with the seller, but when I tried to play the disc the audio is bizarrely mixed,
with background music in the right channel, completely drowning out the performance, etc.
The seller's response - this is the way the original DVD was...."he had the music player too close to the mic when he performed...it gets better"
Seriously.

So, before I take further action, I was hoping someone could clarify that the original had no such audio issues.
I've owned lots of Bill Abbott material, including The Thing, and I can't believe Bill would have released anything that sounded this bad.

Would appreciate confirmation that this is nonsense.

Cheers,

e
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
IT IS NONSENSE. the audio is fine in the legit copies
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks, I couldn't imagine this to be true. Just needed to have it confirmed.

e
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3926 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Sucks, huh?

The same thing happened to me with a Bill Abbott effect. They used his logo. His sales pitch. His copy. (In this case it was Smart Ass) and when it got here it was SO obviously a rip-off job that I wrote to Bill, wrote to eBay and finally wrote to the merchant. (I was still new to eBay.)

To make a long story just a little shorter: the merchant refunded ALL my money inside of five minutes when I threatened to go to eBay...so it turned out okay for me. But Bill's still getting ripped off.

Would advise you to make a big stink with the merchant. Threaten to go to eBay...sound very angry. He may refund your money...and THEN go to eBay.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Yes, Bill Abott's DVD is good quality, this guy is a leader in the world of childrens entertainment. His material is sublime, and Chico is worth every penny, even if you buy the "ready to go" package as I did. This is one of the finest routines that one would call "puppets for kids". Also great for those starting out into the world of puppets and puppetry.....no ventriloquism is required, but you'll have a superb starting block to learn about puppet animation and characterisation.
Highly recommended!
Doug
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
The audio on Bills is fine. You got a copy. Talk to eBay.
-Matt
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Problem has been resolved.
Appreciate the help!

e
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
That is so lame that this kind of thing is happening.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Ya lay with dogs, ya get fleas. I don't mean to cast stones. It simply seems to me that by-passing the countless reputable magic dealers on line to buy any commercial magic product from an unknown eBay dealer plays straight into the hands of these crooks. One saves a buck or two - and rips off a creative peer. Why go there at all?

I do browse eBay for the odd and rare collectible. My commercial products I purchase exclusively through my trusted local brick & mortar magic shop whenever I can. It may cost a few bucks more, but its worth it knowing that I'm helping to keep our local shop open and I'm supporting the creative mind behind the product.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3926 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
You can not paint all eBay merchants with the same brush. I've worked with several of them that would never dream of sending out a replica, and hold themselves to a very high ethical standard. I choose to support them.

In greater Edmonton, despite having well over a million people, we do not have a brick and mortar store. We've had four in the past two decades. (One of them was mine...) Each has failed. I miss them -- but in the end they could not compete with the vast internet stores and web based dealers. They could not compete with pricing or variety...and magicians, who are happpy to come by, hang out and never buy anything, ultimately vote with their wallets.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
knick23
View Profile
New user
Wales
83 Posts

Profile of knick23
I wish I could afford to have Skips integrity - short of buying stolen goods, I'll get what I need however I can, and there are no magic shops in my area, so it's homemade magic or online bought anyhow. If you are lucky enough to have a decent, honest magic retailer in your area, then certainly you should cherish them, there are plenty of magic dealers and manufacturers I have had dealings with who are only happy to peddle or produce rubbish and charge crooked prices, online and otherwise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill Abbott performs magic for kids DVD question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL