The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thumb Tip Flash by Marc Antoine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
I like this item a lot but did not find the immediate use for it in my repertory.. So mine is for sale on this forum, brand new.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Pro Light by Marc Antoine is coming to a dealer near you soon. Sort of a cross between D'lite and thumb tip flash that we already love. Any reviews invited.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I just bought one of these - probably the last one available anywhere- 2 weeks ago, online. Fortunately it was considerably less than $149.
I have to say, it's really neat, and very well thought out; I haven't often seen the kind of planning and ingenuity that went into this. Just the method of charging via USB -that is, the custom connectors- made me chuckle, it was a brilliant way to keep the size down.
Also brilliant (hah! twice the pun) is the built-in 1 second delay. This allows you to get your hands in a better position for the actual flash so as not to give it away.

That said, there are certain situations this wouldn't work well in, but what utility is perfect? If you're doing heavy sleight of hand for example, the original fism might be a better solution as it leaves your hands clean and unobstucted, but that method is a lot of work to set up.
For plain simplicity and quick set up, even something impromptu you can carry anywhere with you, it's just mega cool and well made. Or was. I take it this is discontinued for an improved design?
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I gave my review on Thumb Tip Flash above.

As for the PRO LIGHT, please read below Smile

This is a very bright RED light dlite...with charging function...similar to TT FLASH....I got from Marc Antoine a few weeks ago

However I am not sure if Marc sought any permission from Rocco/Juan Mayoral (They are BOTH the inventor of dlite)

IF there is none...then in my view, I feel the China made version is better cos it has 6 BRIGHT HIGH Density light (RED, Pink, Blue, Yellow, White & Green) ALL build into 1 single TT

Whereas Marc version comes in only 1 colour, RED or Blue & thety are using the same light blub (the high desnity as the China version which has SIX lights)

Though I dislike China entices in copying & quality....BUT their 6 colour TT really impressed me.

I currently using BOTH Marc & China version in my act & they really put the old dlite (the usual LED to shame)

Hope this helps Smile
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
You bought a Chinese ripoff?
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
A friend gave it to me...I am crazy with LED Light stuffs...I am just giving my honest review Smile

Meanwhile, I am curious if Marc has any approval from Juan Mayoral/Rocco to make his dlite AKA prolight ?
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
Does JMR post here? We should ask him.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Dove-boy, do you have a link to the chinese version?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
I wish the thumb tip flash came in a large size.
like vernet does for their tt.
Michael_Wald
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
15 Posts

Profile of Michael_Wald
This little gizmo is just spectacular - it works incredibly well and, for me, is simpler to use than my FISM Flash. I am delighted with the purchase.

MW
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
Love it. Very bright light, a real worker, easy to load and ditch, no assle to get cable all around your body.
Philip Hitchcock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Philip Hitchcock
Does anyone have contact details for Marc?
I placed a large order with him last month and Ive had no response. I've tried his website and email but they are now no longer available.

Thank you
Phil
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Since this has been out for over 2 years now I have a question about the battery. Has anyone's battery gone bad? Is the battery replaceble when it does go bad?
Thanks,
Steve
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Phil:
You might try to connect Marc via this website : http://www.paris-magic.com/
I know they are in touch with Marc Antoine. Marc is a great creator but he's also known to be tricky to deal with..

Steve: This item uses a rechargeable battery.. I've had no problem so far (about 3 years) but I don't use it very often.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 19:41, Guillaume Vallée wrote:
Phil:
You might try to connect Marc via this website : http://www.paris-magic.com/
I know they are in touch with Marc Antoine. Marc is a great creator but he's also known to be tricky to deal with..

Steve: This item uses a rechargeable battery.. I've had no problem so far (about 3 years) but I don't use it very often.

One sure bet is that rechargable batteries eventually fail. Does anyone know if this can be replaced?
TIA,
Steve
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Hi,
I just would to rectify what I wrote.. My weak knowledge of the english language made me screw up.

Marc Antoine is an extremly fair and gentle guy and I didn't mean any bad comment.

When you get in touch with him, I'm sure he'll do his best to help.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
I need to contact Marc Antoine, to get his Pro ligth. I contact the http://www.paris-magic.com
by email and phone but no answer.

paulo
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Here the email from Marc Antoine is a very kind magician!

magicmarcantoine@gmail.com

Paulo Cabrita
Philip Hitchcock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Philip Hitchcock
Thanks everyone.

Marc is a great guy to work with and the quality of his product is outstanding! He chased up my order and it arrived safely.

Highly recommended!
Phil
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Got to have one...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thumb Tip Flash by Marc Antoine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL